997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

07 Turbo or 2010/11 C4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 02:19 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
07 Turbo or 2010/11 C4

I know this might be a funny post, but if I am not interested in speed, just the look/design. Turbo looks more aggressive with the side scoops and tail. 2010/11 C4 has pdk.

What would be a better value for the $? 07 Turbo or 997.2 C4? I seen 07 TT CPO asking around 95K for 18K miles. The concern I have with spending over $110K on new C4 (with options) is 998 is just round the corner, end of 2011 /early 2012.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:55 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Why not hold off and save up for the new 998/991?

Old 06-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
I would do the 997TT now and drive...

Old 06-15-2010, 10:52 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
Why not hold off and save up for the new 998/991?
yeah, that thought cross my mind, but that might be close to 2 years away...

Old 06-15-2010, 10:54 PM
mdc
Originally Posted by Frissen
I would do the 997TT now and drive...
Been looking thru Autotrader to see wut is a far price to pay. I seen post here from high 70s to high 80s, dealer are asking 95.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:20 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
I can relate to your questions… I began my search for a Porsche first looking at the C4S, which is a great car. Unfortunately, the dealer had a wide variety of options and I immediately fell in love with the turbo. To me… nothing compares to the look of the Turbo. The only thing that even came in a close second (to me) was the C4S with the factory aero kit. After driving many variations of 911’s I couldn’t forget how the Turbo looked, performed, and kept me smiling for days. Go to the dealer and see what you’re drawn to. If you’re patient, you should be able to find a very nice ’07 Turbo for less than 95k with CPO. I spent hours talking with mechanics, service writers, etc… None steered me away from the 997 Turbo. The wide body, side vents, large tires/brakes, hmmm… gotta have it…

Old 06-15-2010, 11:50 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
MDC,

As someone who has been sifting through 997 turbos for almost 2 months now, I can confirm that $95k is way too much. We were discussing a barely broken in 2007 turbo with Ceramic brakes for $88k. Some people found it to be too much, specially with CPO being an extra $2k. For me, CPO is a must as I don't keep cars for more than a year or two and the certification makes it easier to sell. There are at least five cars under 15000 miles with asking price under $90k. Will be more than glad to pass the info...

Old 06-16-2010, 12:02 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
The price comparison is skewed by the Turbo being overpriced . They are different cars and since california generally has good weather I don't know why you would need an AWD C4 .

My vote would go to the Turbo as long as you avoid the Tiptronic and get the right options and CPO over the C4 . Against a 997 C2S new I still would pick the Turbo but the dealbreaker would be if you wanted PDK OR if havinga new car is a significant point.

If your concern is financial -- 95K for a used stock Turbo will cost you more than if you bought a new car . It's about 8-10K too high .

I'm amazed at the resillence of the Turbo pricing . there 07 cars were selling in the 80's a year ago .

Old 06-16-2010, 12:36 AM
mdc
STT03,
I am with you 100%, I had 997.1 C2S for a few years, but I am always drawn to the look of the turbo. I don’t go to the track, or have the desire to drive at some crazy speed. I simply enjoy the design of car. The turbo is iconic, at least to those who love Porsches, other simply wonder why as it look “just like any 911”. Will keep searching. ; }

Old 06-16-2010, 12:49 AM
mdc
SonicKrack

I have been looking thru autotrader and will continue to do so. I am not sure how comfortable I am buying car without taking a real good look, which obviously limiting my options quite a bit. But I do see there are a lot of 07 with around 20K miles. Which seems fairly low miles to me. There are even some with a few thousands miles. Personally, I rather not to spend 150K on the 997.2tt knowing the next gen. is a few years away. The overall look is the same, so I think it makes sense to get 997.1tt. I drove the pdk, it is very good, and I love the paddle shift. I Build out a 997.2 C4, it is almost 115K...

Old 06-16-2010, 12:59 AM
mdc
Originally Posted by yrralis1
The price comparison is skewed by the Turbo being overpriced . They are different cars and since california generally has good weather I don't know why you would need an AWD C4 .

My vote would go to the Turbo as long as you avoid the Tiptronic and get the right options and CPO over the C4 . Against a 997 C2S new I still would pick the Turbo but the dealbreaker would be if you wanted PDK OR if havinga new car is a significant point.

If your concern is financial -- 95K for a used stock Turbo will cost you more than if you bought a new car . It's about 8-10K too high .

I'm amazed at the resillence of the Turbo pricing . there 07 cars were selling in the 80's a year ago .
Yrralis1, You are right. 4WD is not critical in California, but I spent hours starring the rear of C2S and C4S, I just love the wider rear ; D, throw in the tail and the side scoop. It is just a good looking car. The C2S look plain when I see the two side by side. I am trying to get a feel of what is a fair price, but I also know this will range from region to region.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:38 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdc
Yrralis1, You are right. 4WD is not critical in California, but I spent hours starring the rear of C2S and C4S, I just love the wider rear ; D, throw in the tail and the side scoop. It is just a good looking car. The C2S look plain when I see the two side by side. I am trying to get a feel of what is a fair price, but I also know this will range from region to region.
If you love the Turbo I would agree. The only time i would disagree is if i felt the Turbo was pooly specd , too high priced, high mileage , no warranty , etc.

If you can find a manual Turbo with low miles and well kept in the mid 80's with warranty and clean then i would wish you the best . It's a great car.

One thing to keep in mind is that the old 997.1tt can be somewhat drab in stock form and with the most basic mods becomes thrilling . The difference is huge. That adds to the cost though. The new 997.2tt car on the other hand comes very well equipped even bone stock. I happen to love customizing my car so if you want something unique you can obtain this with the 997.1tt but it has to be factored in as part of the expense .

Old 06-16-2010, 09:35 AM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
yrralis,
Show me some numbers in regards to the new turbo costing you less than the used turbo. I come up with the complete opposite by a fair margin. As far as the stock car not being thrilling, I guess that is a matter of perspective as bone stock it runs the quarter in the high 11s to low 12s with a trap around 120 mph. Seems pretty thrilling to an average Joe such as myself.
-Getz

Old 06-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Getz -
95K is what the OP is being asked to pay for the Turbo . If he gets 5K off he's still 10K above retail value and 15K above wholesale. Then one day he goes to sell it and it has no warranty and it already has 10K miles. Not to mention the expense of maintenanace if the car is off warranty, needs parts, or if he decides to modify it. Just an exhaust is 4 or 5 grand. I'm in my 07 for at least 100K of mods and i love the car but he's coming very late to this 997 Turbo party.

On the new car he barely even needs mods, has 4 years of warranty and can order a 2011 car which is 6 model years newer.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:58 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
If you pay under 90K for a good low milage car with options that you desire, just get in and drive. The smile will never leave your face. Just make sure you like the color and options and who cares about $1000 to $3000 in the end. I paid $168,000 for a new 2005 Turbo S Cab that is now worth 1/2 that. I added about $10,000 in mods on top of that price (clutch, exhaust and flash). I like the car and it still puts a smile on my face.

Last edited by robertp; 06-16-2010 at 02:02 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 07 Turbo or 2010/11 C4