997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Track tires...Toyo Proxes R888

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 09:45 PM
cooperlee is infamous around these parts
Track tires...Toyo Proxes R888

What track tires to be mounted on OEM wheels. Does anyone have any reviews and recommendations? Looking to drive to and from the track too.

Thx

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 06-15-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:00 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
did you ever sell / trade your gt3 wheels? Just wondering, I was interested in them when you posted the for sale/trade thread

Old 06-16-2010, 07:41 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
I am on 18's so cant't address your sizes but can comment on the Toyo 888's. I drive to and from the track on them no problem. Got caught in the rain a couple of times and no problems there either but I was doing the speed limit. I got 40 heat cycles out of the set, 10 days. The fronts wore evenly at -2.25 camber, but the rears had to be at -1.20 to wear evenly. I destroyed my first set of rears at -2.5. This may vary somewhat for a 997TT but generally the Toyos don't like much camber in the rear. The grip is good but not Hoosier good. Only drawback is the noise they make while driving. I just bought a set of Nitto NT01's in hope that they will be quieter. Same rubber compound as the R1A's.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:34 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
The N rated sport cups are pretty good.

Old 06-16-2010, 03:02 PM
NJR911 is infamous around these parts
Hello Cooperlee, I have been running the bridgestone re-11's on the street and for my last couple of track days. Before I purchased them I read all the posts and reviews on track/street tires and decided to go with the re-11's. I have been very pleased with the longgivity and grip/preformance of these tires and would purchase another set without hesitation!

Old 06-16-2010, 03:43 PM
TurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond repute
I have been running r888s in the 18s for about 1kmiles now. I do autox and drive them to the event as well as fun drives. These tires got me fasted time of the day at the last autox. They are a blast on the street as well. I took landjets advise and backed the rear camber down from -2.25 to -1.5.
The wear at 1k miles seems good as I really beat on these tires.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:48 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NJR911
Hello Cooperlee, I have been running the bridgestone re-11's on the street and for my last couple of track days. Before I purchased them I read all the posts and reviews on track/street tires and decided to go with the re-11's. I have been very pleased with the longgivity and grip/preformance of these tires and would purchase another set without hesitation!
+1 on RE-11.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:12 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I found the re11s to have a narrow window before they get too greasy at the track. they are a great, inexpensive tire. Cups are my tire of choice on the turbo.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:20 PM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I found the re11s to have a narrow window before they get too greasy at the track. they are a great, inexpensive tire. Cups are my tire of choice on the turbo.
i would listen to him...tons of experience

Old 06-17-2010, 01:47 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
quote:
Originally posted by tt surgeon
i found the re11s to have a narrow window before they get too greasy at the track. They are a great, inexpensive tire. Cups are my tire of choice on the turbo.
I would listen to him...tons of experience
+1 .............