997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Welcome to the Blitzkrieg: TPC Racing Project GT2 Blitzkrieg

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 06:45 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Is the car that did the 10.174 a tiptronic? The TPC car was a 6speed, with a much faster trap speed too.
That cause its 6 speed and tips is 5 speed...2 mile diff, tips faster off the line and slower on top end

Old 10-06-2010, 09:07 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GT RUS
Hello...

We have a records of everything...using same equipment (Race AAmerica) as most of the tracks in USA...we also use racelogics and driftboxes...everything u got

Here offical our OFFICAIL RESULTS

http://www.dragtimes.info/results/

REAL ROAD in REAL LIFE(take look a #6) on dragstrip it would be even better, cause we would hook up much better and could launch from MAX BOOOST !!!

NOT marketing but real results from REAL OWNERS !!!

OFFICIAL RESUTLS from US track...YOU can FIND OLD SPI 750 thread....WHERE AARON who bought my previous car runned 1st SPI 750 TIPS kit at offical track 10.4++ or 10.6something at 133....3 years ago...
U r talking about this car ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp6MIQRtvkw

Old 10-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
I think they jsut use diff size VTG turbos and that is it...not really a secret, some tuners dont use it cause they prefer G28s, since you can get more power with it on race gas
Each tuner has his own secrets

Even u!!! u ran +300km every weekend for couple of years now and u still claim that u dunno how to check ur 200-300kmh onthe VBOX

Old 10-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Z06
Z06 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GT-Silver
I know this is a old thread but are there any updates regarding what's best for the GT2 suspension ? i'm in a position to modify my suspension, i would love to make the car more stable and get more road feel of the car as the stock suspension isn't planted well imho.

What should be the first step ?
-sway bars
-remove all the rubber bushings
etc

would appreciate your input, regards.
With my experience removing rubber from the rear toe arms, lower control arms, with semi solid rubber engine mounts and a great alignment plus corner balance you would be very happy with no street noise or driving problems.
Replacing Shocks help control the chassis from bouncing, stock shocks lack rebound.
It is the shocks and spring rates that can create a painful street ride, specially on bumpy roads, my Bilstein DA are murder in the city but amazing at highway speeds or obviously at the track where it kicks ***

So be careful with shocks, sway bars and spring rates.

I would like to know more about the difference in the TPC PASM vs. Stock?

Have you guys been out with the Gt2 again, has it been sorted?

Old 10-06-2010, 01:31 PM
GT-Silver is infamous around these partsGT-Silver is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Z06
With my experience removing rubber from the rear toe arms, lower control arms, with semi solid rubber engine mounts and a great alignment plus corner balance you would be very happy with no street noise or driving problems.
Replacing Shocks help control the chassis from bouncing, stock shocks lack rebound.
It is the shocks and spring rates that can create a painful street ride, specially on bumpy roads, my Bilstein DA are murder in the city but amazing at highway speeds or obviously at the track where it kicks ***

So be careful with shocks, sway bars and spring rates.

I would like to know more about the difference in the TPC PASM vs. Stock?

Have you guys been out with the Gt2 again, has it been sorted?
Z06 thats exactly what im going to do after i drive the car on the track next week and try it again after installing the parts and see the difference. After that I'll see if i need more

Old 10-06-2010, 01:56 PM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
Casey

Stock GT2 does 498WHP on your dyno?

That is about 6% loss from Porsche CHP to WHP.

What does a stock 997TT do on your dyno? more then 435whp per post #3 on this thread.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:30 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
That cause its 6 speed and tips is 5 speed...2 mile diff, tips faster off the line and slower on top end
Neil's post (#36) stated 128mph, which is 7mph slower than the TPC one.