997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

2011 TTs Pricing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 01:54 PM
boohaw1 is infamous around these parts
2011 TTs Pricing

Just received an email for the dealer who said that my 2011 TTs (white with Cocoa) is in PRDPNT status which means it is being painted and close to shipping. Can't wait!!!

The MSRP Base Price is $160,700. In addition, there is about $10k worth of extra goodies that I added.

I traded my 2008 4S in February and just allowed the dealer to keep the money as a down payments on the TTs.

Question for the wizzards of the Forum - Do you think that I would be successful getting a little "sumpin, sumpin" knocked off the price of the car? If so, how much is a reasonable amount?

I am a repeat buyer at this dealer. All thought are appreciated.

Old 06-17-2010, 03:22 PM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
where in houston? i bought my car from momentum...needless to say i wish the experience after the sale was like before the sale

i would doubt that they will discount unless you had already negotiated that at the time of trade in

Old 06-17-2010, 06:05 PM
airmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to all
i was able to get $1k off on the price of my TT S. I think that they can sell them for list all day long, so I wouldn't expect to get more than a token discount, even if you're a repeat customer. Try for a break on a clear bra or built in radar detector/ laser jammer install.

Good luck!

Old 06-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Building this car, and having it in production BEFORE negotiating the deal, is like playing poker with your cards open. Good luck. Hopefully the 'relationship' you have might be worth a few points.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Good point! How can you negotiate a deal when they can't tell you the price? I guess that's the downside of being an early adopter?

Old 06-17-2010, 08:08 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
You should be able to get 3-4k min. I was able to get discount on Turbo S

Old 06-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by handdoc
where in houston? i bought my car from momentum...needless to say i wish the experience after the sale was like before the sale

i would doubt that they will discount unless you had already negotiated that at the time of trade in
It is a Momentum car. I spoke with the salesman today. He said he'd take care of me..yeah right. I will get my skin and keep you posted.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by boohaw1
It is a Momentum car. I spoke with the salesman today. He said he'd take care of me..yeah right. I will get my skin and keep you posted.
check out my experience:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...e-houston.html

Old 06-18-2010, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by handdoc
Yep. I know that Jennifer lady. She doesn't know **** from Shinola. If I don't get a little somthing, then I will walk. I don't love anything that much.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:48 AM
Originally Posted by boohaw1
Yep. I know that Jennifer lady. She doesn't know **** from Shinola. If I don't get a little somthing, then I will walk. I don't love anything that much.
i was very disappointed with them...buying a car like this over the phone sight unseen

i hope that it works out for you

the service manager that i spoke with seemed reasonable and knowledgable

Last edited by handdoc; 06-19-2010 at 05:48 AM. Reason: sp
Old 06-19-2010, 11:40 AM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Gj325
You should be able to get 3-4k min. I was able to get discount on Turbo S
Did you buy it?

Old 06-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD
Did you buy it?
On order. Ice blue. Will hopefully be a early Xmas present to mySelf

Old 06-19-2010, 11:36 PM
stjames151 is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the new ride (if you take it), but x2 on the ability of the dealer to sell these at retail all day long. When the market turns down and everyone looks for cash, there are still people willing to buy these at asking price. Worst case scenario, they put it in the showroom and sell others to people coming to looky-loo. I paid in cash, in advance, waited 8 months for delivery, and still only got 2k and a clear "chip coat" bra as a deal maker. If you get better, good for you, but don't hold your breath.

BTW, it was worth every penny

Old 06-20-2010, 07:36 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I was looking at a Turbo S in stock at my dealer the other day. On the Porsche web site (dealer only) there were 180 + Turbo S cars between in stock or about to be built. That is a lot of cars. I would think that discounts would be readily available. I didn't get to the point of talking seriously but dealer let me know that a pretty good discount would be available. Of course I have purchased over 15 P cars from my dealer since my first in 1979 so that may make a difference. I would try and find a dealer in a smaller market in order to get a larger discount. Large market dealers are much tougher to deal with.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
I was looking at a Turbo S in stock at my dealer the other day. On the Porsche web site (dealer only) there were 180 + Turbo S cars between in stock or about to be built. That is a lot of cars. I would think that discounts would be readily available. I didn't get to the point of talking seriously but dealer let me know that a pretty good discount would be available. Of course I have purchased over 15 P cars from my dealer since my first in 1979 so that may make a difference. I would try and find a dealer in a smaller market in order to get a larger discount. Large market dealers are much tougher to deal with.

+1 Mine was a smaller dealer. Plus I have a signed buyers order put down 5K dep. It all depends on salesman. The smaller dealers the salesman has little more power to work a deal. I assume maybe not Maybe just fewer buyers so they deal a little more .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2011 TTs Pricing