997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

problem with Wisteria Ace?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 09:15 AM
wyk1982 is infamous around these parts
problem with Wisteria Ace?

just spoke to my NJ dealer and he said that my Turbo S is still in Baltimore... question is how is this possible if the vessel arrived last Monday? their clearly werent any emmission issues if Turbo S's have hit other dealers nationwide earlier this month..

anyone hear of a holdup?

anyone able to give me better information if i provide them my order details?

waiting game STINKS!

thank you

Old 06-21-2010, 09:22 AM
airmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to all
Spoke to my dealer today, he said my car should be in before week's end. He told me it's common for a few days wait while they consolidate vehicle loading on a transporter, especially at the tail end of the week. My car is still in Baltimore too.

I agree, waiting stinks.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:25 AM
he told me mine had a "mulroney sticker"?? no idea if i spelled that or heard it correctly... something to do with shipping possibly.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:54 AM
airmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to all
Mulroney sticker is the "MSRP window sticker" required by law to be on all new cars sold in the USA. I've asked a friend at the dealership to check into the delay on our cars. I'll let you know what I found out as soon as I hear.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Got a call back from my friend at the dealership, who called Baltimore. He said that there is just a transport backup, no particular issue with our S cars. They are also waiting for shipment on other non-turbo Porsches which are in Baltimore. There seems to be a backup with the transport company (Porsche only uses a specialized enclosed captive system). He said that our cars should ship in the next 2-3 days.

Hope this helps. Waiting stinks

Old 06-21-2010, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by airmitch
Got a call back from my friend at the dealership, who called Baltimore. He said that there is just a transport backup, no particular issue with our S cars. They are also waiting for shipment on other non-turbo Porsches which are in Baltimore. There seems to be a backup with the transport company (Porsche only uses a specialized enclosed captive system). He said that our cars should ship in the next 2-3 days.

certainly does stink! so i guess it just amounts to a lack of trucks available to transport the cars... i hope ours get preference!

Old 06-21-2010, 03:41 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Mulroney sticker is the "MSRP window sticker" required by law to be on all new cars sold in the USA. I've asked a friend at the dealership to check into the delay on our cars. I'll let you know what I found out as soon as I hear.
Sorry to get off track but it is the Monroney sticker named after Senator Monroney. See here: http://www.phs-online.com/window%20s...nformation.htm

Old 06-21-2010, 04:19 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold

Waiting does stink...but driving them smells like roses

Old 06-22-2010, 07:32 AM
any updates on this?

Old 06-22-2010, 07:41 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Maybe the housewives are driving your cars

Old 06-22-2010, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
Maybe the housewives are driving your cars
i had a nightmare last night that while putting my car on the truck it somehow fell off and got totalled!

Old 06-22-2010, 07:59 AM
Sorry for the easy pun
I am sure all your cars are fine
I will be returning mine to the factory,and they will be shipping it to Naples,Fla...in 8 to 10 weeks,so its inevitable that delays will occur
Best of luck to you guys

Old 06-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Got an email from dealer, who is waiting for 9 cars, today. Said he spoke to Porsche. They blame the problem on the trucking company. Thought that my car would be on truck this afternoon. Hopefully yours will be too.

You would think that they would want to get the cars to us so that they could get our money. Must be the new VW cash flow model.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:05 PM
[quote=airmitch;2883604]Got an email from dealer, who is waiting for 9 cars, today. Said he spoke to Porsche. They blame the problem on the trucking company. Thought that my car would be on truck this afternoon. Hopefully yours will be too.

at least youre getting some sort of detailed info from your dealer... i'm just getting the old "status hasnt changed" shtick!

Old 06-22-2010, 02:13 PM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
And I am watching all those great cars sitting at the port in Baltimore...Those of us in the greater DC area usually receive ours first

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: problem with Wisteria Ace?