997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Golf Clubs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 12:04 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Golf Clubs?

So I have this charity golf even in two weeks and I really want to drive my Cab to it... but I was just thinking... where do I stick the clubs? Is it best to put them in the front seat or is there a way to wedge them in the back?

It's just me and an overnight bag... well, 2 nights, but yeah, not much. Obviously they don't fit in the front trunk unless there some magic button I don't know about.

Seems like a silly question, as I'm sure I can figure this out on my own, but just wondering what others experiences are....

Old 06-24-2010, 12:14 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Just take your driver and 3 wood out the bag. Everything should fit at fold down back seats. Cab can fit 2 full sets easily. Just use a towel to cover bottom of the bag to protect your leather panel. I've done it all the time when I have my cab, open top after 18 holes is priceless!

Old 06-24-2010, 12:19 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Ray
Just take your driver and 3 wood out the bag. Everything should fit at fold down back seats. Cab can fit 2 full sets easily. Just use a towel to cover bottom of the bag to protect your leather panel. I've done it all the time when I have my cab, open top after 18 holes is priceless!
Ahhh... I figured there was a trick! Thanks... I hadn't even tried anything yet, I was just looking back there the other day thinking there's no way I'm getting those clubs in sideways. Cool.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:33 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Ray
+1. Many times. Golf in a Pcar. Doesn't get any better

Old 06-25-2010, 09:36 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DrVolkl
So I have this charity golf even in two weeks and I really want to drive my Cab to it... but I was just thinking... where do I stick the clubs? Is it best to put them in the front seat or is there a way to wedge them in the back?
Doc, I have a coupe and use a 10" staff bag and I get it in the back seat (carefully). I put the seat backs down if I'm just taking my bag, but if I have to take two (now that's tight) I leave the seat backs up. I don't do it often, but I have done it more than once.

You have to be real careful in getting them in. I move the seat all the forward and I will use a large beach towel under, around, and over the bags so they don't scratch the front seat backs, rear console, or scuff the rear seat bottoms.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:40 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Easy solution...compact golf club set

Old 06-26-2010, 02:35 AM
^^^ Ok, perfect... and where do I get one of these? Can I get the case in matching Porsche OEM paint?

Old 06-28-2010, 10:19 AM
NYNick is infamous around these parts
For short trips to the golf club, I put them right in the front. For trips with passengers or longer, they go behind the seats with the 3wood and driver out of the bag and laid beside.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by NYNick
For short trips to the golf club, I put them right in the front. For trips with passengers or longer, they go behind the seats with the 3wood and driver out of the bag and laid beside.
I never use my 3 or 5 wood anyhow... I should just get rid of them. Two weeks till the tourney... but I'm playing 18 tomorrow morning. I'll see if it's actually warm enough to test this out.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Rocket man is infamous around these parts
This "was" my dilemma! I've been borrowing my SO's MB, and she's not impressed, commenting that it was dum of me for getting a car that can't carry my clubs! Ha!
thanks guys. I'm going to try that next week!

Old 06-30-2010, 10:39 AM
NYNick is infamous around these parts
In my house, every car is required to be able to carry golf clubs...check my avatar if you don't believe me.