997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

2008 TT – What's It Worth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 05:13 PM
rockyrap is infamous around these parts
2008 TT – What's It Worth

Been a 6 Speeder for a number of years but its been three or four years since I've posted.

Anyway, I'm in the market for a 2007-08 TT and ran across an 08 Tip, Guards Red with Sea Blue interior, 8,700 miles, extensive leather and carbon fiber packages, adaptive seats, sports chrono, CPO etc. List was $145,000 and change. The car is at a Porsche dealer and the owner traded it for a new Twin Turbo S. They have it listed at $104,500.

I wrote them a check for $89,000 (sold my boat last month) but they declined the offer so I tore up the check. We all got a laugh out of that. Said it would take mid-90's to by the car. Sales manager said they had an offer from Moscow, Russia for $95,000 so I told him if I were him, I'd ship it.

Salesman called back today and wanted to know if we might work out a deal. Told him I'd get back to him.

Won't be tracking the car so the Tip would work out just fine for me as I've grown tired of shifting as I approach 60. I've owned a 993 and a 996 TT as well as a number of other P-cars.

Any opinions on what the going price on a car like this may be worth?
Thanks in advance

Old 06-28-2010, 05:18 PM
StockToPerforma is infamous around these parts
If you really want the car, I believe somewhere in the low 90s would be a decent purchase. Maybe try $92k and be ready to walk if they decline. Plenty of deals out there atm, I wouldn't rush into any purchase I wasn't very comfortable with.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:40 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
I don't think you would be able to pick up that car for less than $95K w/ the CPO. $89K may not even buy that car w/o the CPO from a private party...

Old 06-28-2010, 06:13 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Sales manager said they had an offer from Moscow, Russia for $95,000 so I told him if I were him, I'd ship it.
Best buyer reply I have read in months !!!!!
Stick to your offer . It's his loss and you'll have 89K in your pocket any time you have doubts.

Last edited by yrralis1; 06-28-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:18 PM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
Mid to low 90s with CPO seems like a good deal. I have not seen this combo but how does red look with bluish interior?

Best of luck with your purchase!

Old 06-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
tell the manager to ship his car to Russia see how that goes and start looking for the next car...

Old 06-28-2010, 07:12 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
I think $89k out the door is a bit low...They probably won't let it go for less than mid $90's imo...

Old 06-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
are we saying the used sales price should be higher because of legitimate depreciation true market values or because we would like to instill fabricated higher values as the biased owner / potential Seller...LOL.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:53 PM
valex is infamous around these parts
purchased my 08 (msrp of around 140k) with 12k miles on it, 6 speed, for ~90k (91.5 shipped to my door 1000 miles away, so figure about 90-91k before shipping)

CPO'd. and also Guards red.

With it being a tip, which I'd think would hurt the value a bit, (and be part of that MSRP since I believe the tip costs more, correct?)

I think 90-92 would be a more than a reasonable offer. I bought mine 3 months ago and yes it had more miles, but it was also a manual tranny..... In fact, I think the 89 offer you made is realistic with the transmission. honestly..

Old 06-28-2010, 10:20 PM
tallybeard is infamous around these parts
Is this the car at maplewood? I think it's been there a while. stick to your guns. if it is the maplewood car it is a tough color combo---you have to love it. I've been told that maplewood and carousel are owned by the same people and it is tough to deal with them due to their twin cities monopoly on porsche and audi.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:14 AM
rockyrap is infamous around these parts
Yep, the car is at Maplewood. I kind of like the color combination, it's probably one you won't see everyday, or baybe I'm just color-challenged. I initially thought the interior was black. It really is a very dark blue. Saw the exact same combination but in a C4S at Valley Imports in Fargo awhile back.

They also had a Night Edition 550SL Benz that listed for $119,000 and change.
NIce car with matte black paint.
A buddy I was with purchased the car--traded in a loaded 2009 Z06 and a 2004 Z06 each with about 3,000 miles. He paid $32,000 difference. Ouch!

We are driving the Vetts to Minneapolis Saturday so I may take another look at the TT. We'll see.
Appreciate the responses.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:38 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
I'd go back at 89500. and tell him blue doesn't really do it for you, if it had black interior you go 95k

Old 06-29-2010, 07:53 AM
bcstorm is infamous around these parts
'08 997 TT at Maplewood

I test drove that car about 3-4 weeks ago; very nice, sharpe looking (the carbon interior I could do without). They offered (firm) $99k plus $30k for my loaded '06 CS w/ 23k odo.

Given the deal (not great) and not really sure about the TIP...I have purchased my two porsches ('02 Boxster-s and the CS) in Chicago because the two dealerships (one owner) in the Twin Cities are high on price......guess I will be going to Chicago for my next purchase (997-TT).

Must say the Maplewood service dept. is very, very good...no compliants there.

Last edited by bcstorm; 06-29-2010 at 07:55 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:38 AM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
As others have mentioned, with the red/blue color combo and Tip, your original offer was fair. It really depends on how bad you want that particular car though. If this car is "the one", then it's not worth a couple thousand bucks to keep looking. If a great price is most important, then the $89,500 offer suggested above seems a reasonable way to allow the dealership a negotiating "victory".

Old 06-29-2010, 11:35 AM
aromellc is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Easy Remedy

Valley Imports can find a TT. Granted, it won't be the cheapest but at the same time, nothing cheap is good and nothing good is cheap, right? It might take a little bit of time, although there isn't any other place in the Midwest that has more value. I'll put money on it!

How about taking the plunge and going for the 2011 TTS Cab? http://fargocardealer.com/importgian...et-first-look/

Either way you go, Valley can find the right TT for you. If there is anything out there that isn't smacked up or that has a bad history, they'll get it for you as long as there is equal consideration.

What do you say?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2008 TT – What's It Worth