997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Simple Visual Mods Yield Great New Look...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 10:35 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
Looks great...careful on those steep driveways.
Thanks Bob. And I know. You should've seen the look on my face when they remove the lip to wrap it!
I can tell you it needed a fair bit of sanding down before they applied the wrap!

Originally Posted by yalmutawa
hottt stufff
Thanks bro! So when are we finally getting together with our pal Spunky?
He came by last night and saw it in the flesh after the mods.

Originally Posted by wyk1982
i love the rear spoiler in carbon - hot!
Thanks! Your car looks gobsmacking-ly good too. Congrats again on receiving it.

Originally Posted by bonehead
Very nice touches. She's a beaut!
Thanks brother. Can't wait to get those side air intake covers to complete the look.

Originally Posted by il nino
How good is the quality of Rottec? I have never heard of it before. Was the install easy or did they need any modifications?
I cannot recommend Rottec enough! Outstanding quality and service. Ray has been a great guy to deal with.

The mirrors are zero modification item, you simply swap out the cores and re-fix. The roof spoiler is also a zero modification item if your car does not have the rear wiper option. If you have that option, then you need to either shorten the wiper, which is what I did, or buy and install a shorter wiper, which is what I will be doing.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:06 AM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
she's lovely! nothing less than a beaut!

Old 06-30-2010, 04:38 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the explanation of the double triangles!

Old 06-30-2010, 07:48 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
My friend, your car is even more gorgeous now. The meteor gray and CF is a match made in heaven. That CF wrap is really great looking.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:54 AM
Mowateriology is infamous around these partsMowateriology is infamous around these parts
that is ****ing badass!
best thing is that it's all understated since the colour contrast is not that striking, which adds to the charm imho

enjoy her!

Old 07-02-2010, 01:06 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SpunkyQ8
she's lovely! nothing less than a beaut!
Thanks bro!

Originally Posted by USCCayman
Thanks for the explanation of the double triangles!
My pleasure

Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
My friend, your car is even more gorgeous now. The meteor gray and CF is a match made in heaven. That CF wrap is really great looking.
Thank you my friend. I'm loving the way it looks.

Originally Posted by Mowateriology
that is ****ing badass!
best thing is that it's all understated since the colour contrast is not that striking, which adds to the charm imho

enjoy her!
Thanks bro. I was very worried it might come out flashy to the point that I was ready to remove the CF parts if it did.
Thankfully, you're right. It come out just the right side of understated.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:48 AM
enoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to behold
Does the cf wrap show its seams on the underside of the spoiler?

Old 07-02-2010, 02:19 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
nice adds carim. My friend installed same parts on his 2009. the front spoiler wrap came off with time. Just take a good care of them

abdullah

Old 07-02-2010, 06:00 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Im a fan of everything except the wrapped spoiler in the rear. Great idea wrapping the lower front spoiler, really smart considering I scrape that thing daily y would anyone pay $$$ for a true cf lower spoiler

Old 07-02-2010, 08:41 AM
juancooldude is infamous around these parts
nice mods

Old 07-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by enoyskt
Does the cf wrap show its seams on the underside of the spoiler?
It doesn't show.

Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
nice adds carim. My friend installed same parts on his 2009. the front spoiler wrap came off with time. Just take a good care of them

abdullah
Thanks bro. I'm expecting it will not last long enough to come off by itself.
Scrape scrape scrape!

Originally Posted by dinorocz
Im a fan of everything except the wrapped spoiler in the rear. Great idea wrapping the lower front spoiler, really smart considering I scrape that thing daily y would anyone pay $$$ for a true cf lower spoiler
If it's the wrap you don't like, I will likely order a CF rear wing for it from Rottec.
If it's the CF look, it looks much better in the flesh.

I agree about the lip. It cost me $180 to wrap it. I already scraped it a bit.
Imagine if I had shelled out $2K on it!

Originally Posted by juancooldude
nice mods
Thank you mate!

Old 07-02-2010, 10:24 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
^^ oh I believe you did a fabulous job with the cf its just the wrapped aspect of the wing i didnt think worked, otherwise 2 thumbs up

Old 07-02-2010, 01:43 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute

Old 07-08-2010, 01:12 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
any updates on the SpeedArt carbon fiber side intercooler air intake covers

Old 07-09-2010, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by dinorocz
^^ oh I believe you did a fabulous job with the cf its just the wrapped aspect of the wing i didnt think worked, otherwise 2 thumbs up
Thanks brother. The wrap on the rear wing was a a low cost mod that I installed simply to check out the overall look.
I agree with you. I ended up liking the CF look, but not the wrap.
I will be buying the real CF deal soon.
Think of it as a transition stage

Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
That's beautiful. The one thing I wouldn't do is the fuel cover. I think it breaks up the fluidity of the paint. Other that that, spot on!

Originally Posted by Chuck May
Very nice work! Ditto on Rottec. who are those guys?
Rottec Carbon do great work. They are a sponsor on this site. Check 'em out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Simple Visual Mods Yield Great New Look...