997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Simple Visual Mods Yield Great New Look...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 11:20 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Simple Visual Mods Yield Great New Look...

Hello 6speeders,

As some of you are probably aware, I received my 997.2 TT early June.
While waiting for its arrival, I purchased some parts to individualize the look.
Here's the almost finished look, with the exception of one part yet to arrive...

997.2 TT, I christen thee Shadowfax:

Carbon Fiber Wrap Front Spoiler Lip and Rottec CF Mirrors:

Rottec Carbon Fiber Roof Spoiler:

Carbon Fiber Wrap Rear Wing and Rottec Roof Spoiler:

Rottec CF Mirrors and CF Wrap Rear Spoiler:

Overall Front Look:

The last remaining part to complete the look is the SpeedArt carbon fiber side intercooler air intake covers... Already ordered from Vivid Racing, awaiting arrival.

Any and all comments highly appreciated

Old 06-29-2010, 11:22 AM
jarborn1 is infamous around these parts
Love it! Do you have any pix from the side to see the Roof spoiler better?

Old 06-29-2010, 12:40 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Thanks bro.

I will try to get more side shots tomorrow.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:32 PM
vduzin12 is infamous around these parts
awesome. we need more side shots

Old 06-29-2010, 02:51 PM
Tacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these parts
Awesome Wicked Dude! Can't wait to see it in person. You have mail!

Old 06-29-2010, 05:19 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Glad you found the shorter rear wiper blade! It looks great! So you rear spoiler and front lip are CF warp? vinyl wrap type?

Old 06-29-2010, 05:59 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Beautiful and tastefully done. What is the significance of the two triangles?

Old 06-29-2010, 06:19 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Looks great...careful on those steep driveways.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:23 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
hottt stufff

Old 06-29-2010, 06:56 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Probably displaying my ignorance, but I have noticed in several pictures of Porsches in the middle east on the rear bumper there is a silver double triangle attached at the base. What is this?

Old 06-29-2010, 07:00 PM
il nino is infamous around these partsil nino is infamous around these parts
How good is the quality of Rottec? I have never heard of it before. Was the install easy or did they need any modifications?

Old 06-29-2010, 07:14 PM
wyk1982 is infamous around these parts
i love the rear spoiler in carbon - hot!

Old 06-29-2010, 08:53 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Very nice touches. She's a beaut!

Old 06-29-2010, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by vduzin12
awesome. we need more side shots
Thanks man. Will do.

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Awesome Wicked Dude! Can't wait to see it in person. You have mail!
Thanks brother. Can't wait to show it to you and let you take it for a spin. You've got reply mail!

Originally Posted by Ray
Glad you found the shorter rear wiper blade! It looks great! So you rear spoiler and front lip are CF warp? vinyl wrap type?
Thanks Ray. It's actually the stock wiper that the guys at the P dealership shortened.

The wrap is CF vinyl wrap.

Eventually, I will order the rear wing from you in proper CF if you make it. PM me pricing if you have it.

The front spoiler lip will stay vinyl as it is much cheaper to re-wrap it when it inevitably gets scraped to a point that it needs it.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
Beautiful and tastefully done. What is the significance of the two triangles?
Thanks. See explanation below.

Originally Posted by USCCayman
Probably displaying my ignorance, but I have noticed in several pictures of Porsches in the middle east on the rear bumper there is a silver double triangle attached at the base. What is this?
I wish I can come up with some exotic explanation such as, it stands for the horns of the devil because it's a middle east special edition devilishly fast!

The simply fact of the matter is that these twin triangles are the logo/insignia of the Porsche dealer in Kuwait.

It's specific to Kuwait, not the whole of the Middle East.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Simple Visual Mods Yield Great New Look...