997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Extended Warranties

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 02:23 AM
Ven
Ven is infamous around these parts
Extended Warranties

Any experience with extended warranties from “The Mechanic” warranty program. It’s being offered by a local dealer. …just wondering if anyone has used the program and if the company kept its end of the agreement on repairs.

Thx

Old 06-30-2010, 06:41 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
My ’07 (13k miles) is coming out of warranty in 30 days… so I just purchased an extended 4 year (75k miles) Premium warranty from Easy-Care @ a local Porsche dealer. I heard good things about their plan so decided it would be a good fit for me. It’s transferable and refundable for the unused portion if needed. I’m not familiar with the company you mentioned.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:03 PM
Ven
Ven is infamous around these parts
The dealer offering the “Mechanics Warranty” has a good reputation on the forums, I’m just not certain about the warranty itself. I figure as long as I get the vehicle serviced at the dealer I purchased the warranty from I’m ok, but I’m not sure about how it will transfer to another dealer or state. The company’s best plan offers coverage for 36 months or 36k miles after the factory warranty expires. …looks like the company is a subsidiary of Automotive Warranty Inc. This warranty is being offered at about $2.5k. …not sure if it's a good price or not, but I will shop around and checkout the company you mentioned.
Thanks for the input.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:38 PM
mgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to all
You can also check with your Car Insurance Company. Some companies like GEICO offer "Mechanical Breakdown Insurance".

Old 06-30-2010, 11:21 PM
roxorz is a splendid one to beholdroxorz is a splendid one to beholdroxorz is a splendid one to beholdroxorz is a splendid one to beholdroxorz is a splendid one to beholdroxorz is a splendid one to beholdroxorz is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Ven
Any experience with extended warranties from “The Mechanic” warranty program. It’s being offered by a local dealer. …just wondering if anyone has used the program and if the company kept its end of the agreement on repairs.

Thx
Yeah, had that on my wife's CLK 55 AMG. Great coverage, no issues. They even took care of bushings and exhaust clips. The only problem was when the dealer sat on the money and the initial repair was too close to when they sent in the payment. Took dealer intervention to clear up. Unfortunately, I think it's pretty common for dealerships to sit on the money for 1+ mo.