997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

CD Changer magazine missing, car CPOd !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 08:26 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy CD Changer magazine missing, car CPOd !!!

Guys,

I have this huge dilemma and need your help. Picked up an 07 997 turbo from Hennessy Porsche last Monday. The car went through the CPO process, everything passed on paper however upon my arrival to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comMontana</ST1</st1:State> I realized that the CD changer magazine was missing. The CPO worksheet clearly has a PASS checkmark next to the CD changer... Notified the dealership several days ago about the problem and appears that it fell on deaf ears. I am not the usual Porsche customer who needs pampering and I feel that I am being given third class service as I am not the usual return customer. The CD magazine is not the big issue, but what else did they NOT examine during the CPO process? Should I write PCNA? Time is of essence as the car is going to <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1Germany </ST1</st1:country-region>with me and have no time for games with these guys. Thanks for all who will point me to the right direction. <O</O<O</O

Old 07-01-2010, 08:37 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SonicKrack
Guys,

I have this huge dilemma and need your help. Picked up an 07 997 turbo from Hennessy Porsche last Monday. The car went through the CPO process, everything passed on paper however upon my arrival to <st1:state w:st=" border=" 0="" alt="">Montana</st1:state> I realized that the CD changer magazine was missing. The CPO worksheet clearly has a PASS checkmark next to the CD changer... Notified the dealership several days ago about the problem and appears that it fell on deaf ears. I am not the usual Porsche customer who needs pampering and I feel that I am being given third class service as I am not the usual return customer. The CD magazine is not the big issue, but what else did they NOT examine during the CPO process? Should I write PCNA? Time is of essence as the car is going to <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1>Germany </st1></st1:country-region>with me and have no time for games with these guys. Thanks for all who will point me to the right direction. <o></o><o></o>
It's a relatively inexpensive part ($60-70.) While it is obviously the responsibility of the dealer to have supplied a complete car (ie no magazine = incomplete car)...you'll have to decide how big of a headache you want and is it worth the cost.

What I'd be more worried about is the lackadaisical and obvious sub par evaluation of your car before stamping it with a CPO. They obviously checked "yes" next to the CD Changer without really checking it. I'd call PCNA just to verify that your car really has a CPO. It would not be the first time that a customer was "told" a car was CPO'ed when in fact it wasn't.

-bob

Last edited by bbywu; 07-01-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:42 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
if ur taking your car to germany, ur cpo warranty won't be honored right? so you better make sure there isn't anything wrong. best to get a shop to inspect it.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:49 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
bbywu,

I know that the part is insignificant in value, but I am talking about the principle of things. I wonder if the guy who did my CPO had a bad day and just marked PASS on things that were more important than a CD changer? Hope you understand my point. And yes, I will call PCNA even though I have the CPO sticker in the window bearing a number and Hennessy Porsche...

Last edited by SonicKrack; 07-01-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by djantlive
if ur taking your car to germany, ur cpo warranty won't be honored right? so you better make sure there isn't anything wrong. best to get a shop to inspect it.
yupp, will be overseas with the US govt for an undisclosed period of time... could be 6 months, 1 year. That's why I opted for the CPO and was told that it will be honored(later found out that is NOT).