997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

2011 911 Turbo S Discounts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 06:44 PM
block5741 is infamous around these parts
2011 911 Turbo S Discounts

I am new to buying Turbo Porsches. I plan to buy a 2011 Turbo S. What kind of discount can I get if I am willing to buy from any dealer in the US? 5% or 10% off MSRP for an in-stock car?

What about if I custom order a car? What kind of discount is realistic?

I don't need the car right now. A late 2010 delivery would be fine. So, I am hoping the prices will soften a little as it gets later in the year.

Also, has Porsche said how long they will produce the Turbo S? Will they just keep building it until the new 998 comes along?

Thanks.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:31 PM
wyo997 is infamous around these partswyo997 is infamous around these parts
I just picked my 2011 Turbo S up
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ed-driven.html

Nobody wants these cars and I suggest you ask a dealer for a 20% discount and take what he has off his hands. He'll thank you I'm sure and maybe throw in some kind of warranty

Old 07-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by wyo997

Nobody wants these cars and I suggest you ask a dealer for a 20% discount and take what he has off his hands. He'll thank you I'm sure and maybe throw in some kind of warranty
Only 20%. May change my mind and go buy me a mustang.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:05 PM
block5741 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wyo997

Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure if your comments are meant seriously or not. 20% does not seem realistic. But, I read elsewhere on this forum that a C2S can be purchased for approximately an 8.5% discount from MSRP.

The Turbo S is obviously a different car, but that is why I'm asking for advice. Can one expect a similar level of discount to a C2S? I would be surprised if the discount on a Turbo S was more. I assume it would be about the same, or perhaps a bit less.

Also, if Porsche is like other high-end cars, the very early cars generally sell for higher prices than the later ones of the same model. So, I assume buyers who ordered their Turbo S cars in April or May and have already taken delivery may pay somewhat more than a buyer who waits 6 or 12 more months.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
wyo, turbo s's are widely available, dealers don't know what to do with them, even a small dealer had 12 of those just sitting around, without asking i got 25% off of a silver with black, they were so eager to sell that the sales guy wanted to do a video of me taking the car, i will upload the video because the guy showed me all features of the car and i think it will be usefull to future owners,anyway, with dealers just sitting on those s's right now i don't see why not take one and at thse discounts even two

Old 07-05-2010, 07:27 AM
spyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Frissen
wyo, turbo s's are widely available, dealers don't know what to do with them, even a small dealer had 12 of those just sitting around, without asking i got 25% off of a silver with black, they were so eager to sell that the sales guy wanted to do a video of me taking the car, i will upload the video because the guy showed me all features of the car and i think it will be usefull to future owners,anyway, with dealers just sitting on those s's right now i don't see why not take one and at thse discounts even two
Dealers are said to make about 10% margin on new cars...the only way I can see a dealer offering 20 to 25% discount is that Porsche N/A is offering the dealers a special incentive to sell the cars in inventory. Does any one know if Porsche is offering this to their dealers?

Old 07-05-2010, 08:25 AM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Block
All Kidding aside you would be extremely lucky to get anything over 4% on a Turbo S if that. And that would only happen if someone spec a crazy combo and backed out leaving the dealer of course with his Dep. And that would be a good bit down the line.

Dont think you will be seeing much more crazy discounts since Porsche June sales were way up. You may get something on a 09 Holdback still on lot .. But your neg. skills maybe better than most. See what you can get and be to sure to let us know.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:59 AM
BFDSTA26 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by block5741
I am new to buying Turbo Porsches. I plan to buy a 2011 Turbo S. What kind of discount can I get if I am willing to buy from any dealer in the US? 5% or 10% off MSRP for an in-stock car?

What about if I custom order a car? What kind of discount is realistic?

I don't need the car right now. A late 2010 delivery would be fine. So, I am hoping the prices will soften a little as it gets later in the year.

Also, has Porsche said how long they will produce the Turbo S? Will they just keep building it until the new 998 comes along?

Thanks.
The dealers that I shopped at were offering 2% only off the Turbo S. Last week I ended up purchasing a
10 TT cab with PDK, 26K in options and got a 12k discount (little better than 7%).

Old 07-05-2010, 09:31 AM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
Right now, obtaining any discount on a Turbo S, or even being able to find one to buy will be unrealistic. OP- I sense that are some folks on this thread that may be pulling your leg.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:37 AM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
So if you bought a 150K car for around 112.5K.. Wow!

Old 07-05-2010, 09:43 AM
airmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to all
Let's see...

Guys who order the S, get it in about 6 months. Large dealers are allocated a few, smaller dealers none. There are very few, if any that have not been prepurchased.

So why would a dealer discount one? Oh yeah, superior negotiating skills.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:54 AM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
25% off? This seems a tad dubious, as 09 Turbos are selling for close to this.
-Getz

Old 07-05-2010, 11:10 AM
alin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by getz
25% off? This seems a tad dubious, as 09 Turbos are selling for close to this.
-Getz
I think he's being sarcastic.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by alin2
I think he's being sarcastic.
Just a tad...S's are for the moment sold out, even those that become "available" are being sold within minutes as the expectation and waiting list is quite large, as soon as one S becomes available someone from the list gets bumped and this makes all of S's sold.In time I guess we will see them on the floor like some '11 RS's right now.Still and basically my recomendation is: if you find one, negotiate fast and take it.

Old 07-05-2010, 03:20 PM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
5 More years and I can buy a Turbo S, where the hell is my hot tub time machine?
-Getz

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2011 911 Turbo S Discounts