997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

idle problem ... still unsolved

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 12:40 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
Exclamation idle problem ... still unsolved

after going to work shop to check the idel problem for my 997tt and if there are any leaks in hoses or anywhere ,, we found the headers gasget was leaking .. so we replaced it ... then installed everything back ...

but ... idel still acting like crazy

i started the car and everythings were normal ,, (normal idel)

when i ran the car hardly the boost was fine.. it was powerfull ... after that i stopped for traffic

this what happend with me ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCYEw_7o2dY

sorry bad music

when i shift the geer to P from N ... the idel went to 1100 RPM then back normall !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

am running external tial wasgetsa ,, and agency power BOV
so What caused idel to make it like that ....

thanks
yousef

Old 07-07-2010, 03:51 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
sorry to hear that hmmm well i have to tell u unstable idle has nothing to do with the leak in the headers had leak for long time and idle was always stable check ur spark plugs

Old 07-08-2010, 03:43 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
well it could be ,,, not sure about the plugs ...

i noticed that when i shift to 4th geer in full throttle the boost cut ... so i think maybe some leaks in boost controller wire in the vacuom behind the throttlebody ...

Old 07-09-2010, 09:54 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
I'm sorry to hear that you're still having problems.

Surely, if you contact Dan at Vivid, he'll do everything in his power to help out.

It's his kit after all, isn't it?

Old 07-10-2010, 02:22 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
Good call karim, he usually answer and replay very quick this time I don't see him around

Old 07-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Yousef and I have gone back and forth. We are doing everything we can. I did advise him to talk to Karim and yourself Yulmutawa about where you get your work done as a simple boost leak test is needed. It seems his past shops are not helping him. The car did not have idle issues before he took everything apart to add the NX spray kit. This involved removing the intercoolers and the secondary air pump line to the left side intake filter. When it is cold out, the idle is rough until it warms up, however he is not experiencing this.

Please perform a boost leak test first as seen here - https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ig-w-pics.html. Once this is done, it will help further determine the problem. I will do anything in my power to help you out brotha!

Old 07-12-2010, 03:27 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
check for leaks on the Y-pipe and plenum

Old 07-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Well it will be an honor to help you guys with any thing u guys need m leaving to the states i'll pm u ysf my cell number

Old 07-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Please though, do the above boost leak test in that link. That is the first thing you MUST do or you are chasing a ghost.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:00 PM
thanks alot guys ...

dan the car is not leaking ...

i ran the car hardly daily its powerfull and i can feel the power ...

all what happend is after running hardly the idle revs alot !!!!

after 5 mins it became normal !!!!

if its a leak it will not became normal after mins !!!! maybe its the mafs or the throuttlle body !!!!

Old 07-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Former Vendor
If the MAFs were bad, you would have a code and limp mode boost. If the TB was bad, you would have a code. You have any codes?

Old 07-12-2010, 07:17 PM
p7922

intake air system leak , upper limt value exeeced

Old 07-14-2010, 09:43 PM
Kafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond repute
I've been through this kind of "idle hunting" issue with a few cars (it can be frustrating). It requires a number of steps of checking possible sources which also adds info for problem solving. Vividracing is an excellent tuner and they will work this out with you but you may have to have a bit of patience as it's not always a quick fix. If you have a code reader (if not get one - they are cheap) keep giving them the codes and symptoms as it could be a number of causes. Leaks, MAF, O2 sensors, bad gas, aliens (just kidding) etc. so just keep the codes that arise so the necessary detective work can be done. Your tuner is working with you - so work with them as they move toward resolving the problem for you.
Good luck - hope it is resolved sooner rather than later.
K.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:23 AM
ronev is infamous around these parts
Just got my 996 back from the shop after 10 days of looking for the cause of an intermittent idling problem. They said they finally found the secondary air leak.

Car runs and idles great now. By the way, no codes were thrown in the entire process.

Last edited by ronev; 07-20-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by ronev
Just got my 996 back from the shop after 10 days of looking for the cause of an intermittent idling problem. They said they finally found the secondary air leak.

Car runs and idles great now. By the way, no codes were thrown in the entire process.
thnx for posting ,, do you have a pic for the leak place ??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: idle problem ... still unsolved