997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Car is squealing like a tortured pig.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 02:05 PM
BostonRocket is infamous around these parts
Car is squealing like a tortured pig.

Torrential rains here in Boston, and the car's belts were squealing like crazy. Has anyone ever come up with a remedy for this? Although that dissapointed me, the car impressed me by managing to crawl through shin-high water without a hiccup.

'Rocket

Old 07-10-2010, 02:27 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Same happened to me last weekend after a wash. Thankfully, only did it for a couple of seconds...

Old 07-10-2010, 02:28 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Dry out the car, squeeling will go away.

Some have had success with silicone lube on the belts.

- bob

Old 07-11-2010, 03:37 AM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
it can happen even after you wash it

Old 07-11-2010, 10:02 AM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
I thought this was going to be a thread about PCCBs.
-Getz

Old 07-11-2010, 11:03 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by getz
I thought this was going to be a thread about PCCBs.
-Getz
do they squeal? my non-pccb brakes squeal occasionally, just enough to have people look around for the jalopy.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:16 PM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by The Bogg
do they squeal? my non-pccb brakes squeal occasionally, just enough to have people look around for the jalopy.
Mine seem to glaze slightly if I drive for a week or so around town, so I take it out and run it up to about 100 mph and break aggressively... not locking up the tires, but this cures it for about another week or so. They do tend to be more squeaky than the steelies.
-Getz

Old 07-18-2010, 08:22 AM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by BostonRocket
Torrential rains here in Boston, and the car's belts were squealing like crazy. Has anyone ever come up with a remedy for this? Although that dissapointed me, the car impressed me by managing to crawl through shin-high water without a hiccup.

'Rocket
Water pours in the engine compartment when it rains. Why Porsche lets this happen who knows. the belt is rubber. When parked I put a rubber mat over opening. You can use CRC belt conditioner which will stop the noise and not hurt the belt. If still under warranty, Porsche will replace the belt with enough complaint. They replaced mine. But if I didn't use the mat when rain pours, I think the new belt would squeak too.

Old 07-18-2010, 01:57 PM
MorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really nice
Wow....150k car and this?