997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My TT vs ferrari F430 Scuderia

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 11:36 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
No one is shocked (I'm not at least)..........that CTS-V with those mods is a 10 second car!
It is amazing to me that for not much money in comparison a 4 door sedan responds that well to mods!

Old 07-13-2010, 12:10 PM
Lee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the rough
The GM LSx is among the best engines to mod in the world - maybe ovverall it is the best when price is considered. I had a '02 ZO6 with a built C5R (428) and 12 lbs of boost that was completely civilized and a daily driver, that would do routine, no drama 10.0 quarters on street tires and well into the 9s on drag radials/slicks. There was more boost available, too, if needed. total cost was only $130K (inlcuding the car, new). a bargain for the performance. I still have a mid 9s '98 Camaro that is licensed and treetable if not aily driver civilized. total cost including the car, new, is maybe $70K.
Frankly though, such cars are fun for a while but tiring after a while. They and even most tuner cars are really "unbalanced" - particularly with GM you can add all the power in the world but you can't fix the fact that the car was not designed to have balance with that much power. I tired of the 'vette pretty quickly after running a few 9 second quarters and driving it to over 210 once on a track and went to an Aston that could only do 13.,0 second quarters -- liked that a lot more. I now have the Ferrari and picked the standard model but with the Scuderia engine upgrade particularly so it would not be too extreme -- as a daily driver such cars wear on you too quickly.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:14 PM
ItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Lee Willis
The GM LSx is among the best engines to mod in the world - maybe ovverall it is the best when price is considered. I had a '02 ZO6 with a built C5R (428) and 12 lbs of boost that was completely civilized and a daily driver, that would do routine, no drama 10.0 quarters on street tires and well into the 9s on drag radials/slicks. There was more boost available, too, if needed. total cost was only $130K (inlcuding the car, new). a bargain for the performance. I still have a mid 9s '98 Camaro that is licensed and treetable if not aily driver civilized. total cost including the car, new, is maybe $70K.
Frankly though, such cars are fun for a while but tiring after a while. They and even most tuner cars are really "unbalanced" - particularly with GM you can add all the power in the world but you can't fix the fact that the car was not designed to have balance with that much power. I tired of the 'vette pretty quickly after running a few 9 second quarters and driving it to over 210 once on a track and went to an Aston that could only do 13.,0 second quarters -- liked that a lot more. I now have the Ferrari and picked the standard model but with the Scuderia engine upgrade particularly so it would not be too extreme -- as a daily driver such cars wear on you too quickly.
Great post!

Old 07-13-2010, 12:27 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Yup, I had an LS6 in my '05 CTS-V. Loved that motor. I was running about 7psi through a Magnuson S/C, Kooks headers, Magnaflow exhaust. Thing wouldn't hook w/o blowing a rear diff but it was a highway monster...especially for a $45k car plus $10k in power mods. Trapped as high as 119mph in the 1/4. Tracked well too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bnCE...eature=channel

Old 07-13-2010, 02:01 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I would rather have the Ferrari even if the V had real Saturn V rocket boosters! My point is that its an amazing day that we live in when you can put a stock block sedan into the 10's, and you can buy a 997 TT that modified can pretty much beat even what is considered a fast production car like the Veyron.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Lee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the rough
Frankly, you get tired of raw speed as a Goddess. My Aston Vantage was more than fast enough. I bought the Ferrari because I had always wanted one: did and still do consider them the absolute top of the automotive food chain.
There is always a faster car -- so lusting after and spending money to modify a car in search of the best 0-60 and 1/4 mile and top speed is ultimately a bitter fruit. But it IS fun as a project once or twice, don't get me wrong, but eventually you get that out of your system and what you want is a greally good car. That means different things to different people, by I will observe that buying a car for its 0-60 time is like marrying a woman only because she has big ***** -- likely to bring a little fun but potentialy a lot of pain for what you didn't consider.
What I like about the F430 is that it is damn fast, b ut balanced, quiet (really) and comfortable (truly) so it makes a really good daily "gentleman's express." the fact that my son's modded Camaro will suck its doors off in a drag race, or a dozen other cars around here are faster (not to mention bikes that are faster still), is completely immaterial.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:24 PM
I think a 997TT would even be considered a more tame car than the Scuderia, it just happens to have an exorbitant amount of power!

Old 07-13-2010, 04:23 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Frankly, you get tired of raw speed as a Goddess. My Aston Vantage was more than fast enough. I bought the Ferrari because I had always wanted one: did and still do consider them the absolute top of the automotive food chain.
There is always a faster car -- so lusting after and spending money to modify a car in search of the best 0-60 and 1/4 mile and top speed is ultimately a bitter fruit. But it IS fun as a project once or twice, don't get me wrong, but eventually you get that out of your system and what you want is a greally good car. That means different things to different people, by I will observe that buying a car for its 0-60 time is like marrying a woman only because she has big ***** -- likely to bring a little fun but potentialy a lot of pain for what you didn't consider.
What I like about the F430 is that it is damn fast, b ut balanced, quiet (really) and comfortable (truly) so it makes a really good daily "gentleman's express." the fact that my son's modded Camaro will suck its doors off in a drag race, or a dozen other cars around here are faster (not to mention bikes that are faster still), is completely immaterial.
Who wouldn't take the Ferrari? I certainly would rather have one. Even if you're lucky enough to have gotten the speed bug out of your system it still must feel crappy at some deep, deep level when a Caddy passes you in your Ferrari while you're trying to race another car.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Actually, it doesn't bother me at all. An 1,100 Hp vette, a 810 WHP CTS-V, a very trick XLR-V, and last but first among them, really nasty turbo Supra that would easily take anything I've seen in this thread live sojmewhere close enough that I see each about once a month. They are all faster: I know that and they know I know. But I go to work each morning in the Ferrari and feel pretty good about it.

The thing about a Ferrari is this: Corvette, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, GTR owners, and others -- all of the think about, care about, Ferraris, maybe not a lot, but they think about and many will go out of their way to point out to me (and themselves) how their car is .1 second faster to XX mph or .03 G faster through a 100 ft radius turn, or whatever
Ferrari owners don't think about Porsches, AMG Mercedes, Vipers, etc. You just don't. You might think "Should I have bought a bottom end 599 instead of a topped out plus 430? Should I have waited for the 458?" That's pretty much it. Maybe it doesn't happen to Bentlkey owners, but otherwise that pretty much sums it all up.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:14 PM
Actually, it doesn't bother me at all. An 1,100 Hp vette, a 810 WHP CTS-V, a very trick XLR-V, and last but first among them, really nasty turbo Supra that would easily take anything I've seen in this thread live sojmewhere close enough that I see each about once a month. They are all faster: I know that and they know I know. But I go to work each morning in the Ferrari and feel pretty good about it.

The thing about a Ferrari is this: Corvette, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, GTR owners, and others -- all of the think about, care about, Ferraris, maybe not a lot, but they think about and many will go out of their way to point out to me (and themselves) how their car is .1 second faster to XX mph or .03 G faster through a 100 ft radius turn, or whatever
Ferrari owners don't think about Porsches, AMG Mercedes, Vipers, etc. You just don't. You might think "Should I have bought a bottom end 599 instead of a topped out plus 430? Should I have waited for the 458?" That's pretty much it. Maybe it doesn't happen to Bentlkey owners, but otherwise that pretty much sums it all up.
I don't know about that for some, Ferrari is not the pinnacle. I would think most if not all Porsche 997 TT owners could have bought a Ferrari maybe not brand new but they could have bought one. If I wanted a Ferrari I can go buy one.....not a 430 by any means but a Ferrari. I would much rather have your F430 than a Corvette or CTS-V....but thats if someone else is paying for it. Not everyone can deal with the massive depreciation that comes from putting any appreciable miles on a Ferrari.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Actually, it doesn't bother me at all...

...Ferrari owners don't think about Porsches, AMG Mercedes, Vipers, etc. You just don't...

I'm happy that you and all Ferrari owners are able to afford the toys that we all aspire to own one day. It's nice to know how anything less than a Ferrari isn't even worth a Ferrari owner's time.

Luckily, I think you speak for a minority of Ferrari owners as the one's I know aren't so full of themselves.

Actually, if I lived in NC I probably could be sitting in a Ferrari right now...

Old 07-13-2010, 05:29 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by germeezy1
I would rather have the Ferrari even if the V had real Saturn V rocket boosters! My point is that its an amazing day that we live in when you can put a stock block sedan into the 10's, and you can buy a 997 TT that modified can pretty much beat even what is considered a fast production car like the Veyron.

I would rather have a 10 inch c*ck............oh, and a new Ferrari 458 Italia

Old 07-13-2010, 05:37 PM
So yours is a standard F430 with the Scuderia engine upgrade? Can you tell us what that entails?

Old 07-13-2010, 05:47 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
I watched this clip the other day for the first time. The best part about it was at the very end...seeing that bad *** Black Caddy...the guy in the F430 must have been “like WTF!!!!” Great stuff....the CTS-V is a very stealth machine...

Old 07-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by germeezy1
I. . . the massive depreciation that comes from putting any appreciable miles on a Ferrari.
You're kidding, right? An Aston - yes. Depreciates like a rock heading down a black hole the moment you drive it off the lot. But a Ferrari, pretty good, actually. A local dealer (not the one I bought it from ) showed me numbers that had it depreciating on par with the very best of the exotic or semi-exotic.
Not that this is really an issue. I figure if depreciation value concerns you, you really can't afford it. I spent about $10 mile depreciation on my Aston ($70,000 lost after 3 years and 7000 miles) but no crying over it: really a nice little car -- much preferred it to the Carrera S I had before it as a daily driver.

Quote: I watched this clip the other day for the first time. The best part about it was at the very end...seeing that bad *** Black Caddy...the guy in the F430 must have been “like WTF!!!!” Great stuff....the CTS-V is a very stealth machine...<!-- google_ad_section_end --> [/quote]

No, I think he saw it coming in the rearview mirror and knew before the race what was what. Again, the F430 is not fast compared to a lot tuner/modded cars, but having lived with two as fast or faster than anything in that video, as I said, it wears on you pretty soon and you long for a balanced, "real" car you can drive day in and day out. The F430, and the Bentley Continental, are both surprisingly good at that, the F430 being much more of the real sports car among the two.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Last edited by Lee Willis; 07-13-2010 at 06:03 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My TT vs ferrari F430 Scuderia