997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Porsche Tuning in South Florida

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 06:58 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prototech
Fugazi , I completely agree with you !! Mike has already been doing this , but if Mike @ AWD would like to meet up and run we would be okay with that as well !!
Fugazi, I dont own a porsche that is setup for straightline nonsense.. My cars are setup for Sebring and tracks that you have to do more than go straight and shift 3x.. So i dont have a horse in the HP race.. Any street car from proto that wants to run Sebring sure i can accommodate that for some $$$..

I dont build that many all out Porsches and the customers we do build its not up to me to race their cars.. I have built 2 8 second Evos and cleaned up the entire south florida and West Palm Beach area when they were around.. So i dont need to prove anything as far as meeting up and racing someone.. Check youtube for my 1500- 3k+ money races..

This was very simple.. Bring the porsche that made 1200+HP to a dynojet by a 3rd party USP Motorsports and lets see those #s.. Proto doesnt have a car out of that shop that runs quicker than USP's stock motor Porsche so challenging in a race is a waste of time..

Im going to bet whoever is handling this proto account on here is not Mark the owner so this may all be nothing and im arguing with a useless employee or his son.. Who knows..

500.00 on the Table.. come pick up the green backs when your ready..

Old 10-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
All we want to see is this.. If this is mustang HP it will make near 1400 on the Dynojet in RWD but im not asking for that.. all i want to see is 1275hp@1.6bar and ill bet it wont make it at 2bar either.. how about that..

"2007 997 TT 3.6 to 3.8 conversion / tuned for race gas, makes 1275@ 1.6bar, running 1.2 bar in the video. "

Old 10-30-2012, 07:18 PM
Former Vendor
Let me put something in perspective for those who dont really understand what i mean when i say that incar video of that porsche shows what a turd it is...

watch this video.. its from 40-190.. Not 45-160 and ask Keith Taub how fast they were going to verify..

Count how many seconds they ran for approx.. 16 seconds..

The PROTO video up top was about 19 seconds long to get from 45-165 approx.. Lets just say it was 16 seconds the same as the above video i posted..

That USP car makes 700hp..

I know a slow Turd when i see one... Trust me..

Old 10-30-2012, 07:19 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Brother was I surprised to get an email alert that you were leaving messages in this forum. I thought you had folded your tent and disappeared into the night.

You never accepted any of my calls or emails about the parts you kept from my car and said you were going to sell for me. Shame on you for treating me that way after I spent, what ~$20k with you in 12 months!

But now I see you have money to throw around so how about taking care of what you owe ME?

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Fugazi, I dont own a porsche that is setup for straightline nonsense.. My cars are setup for Sebring and tracks that you have to do more than go straight and shift 3x.. So i dont have a horse in the HP race.. Any street car from proto that wants to run Sebring sure i can accommodate that for some $$$..

I dont build that many all out Porsches and the customers we do build its not up to me to race their cars.. I have built 2 8 second Evos and cleaned up the entire south florida and West Palm Beach area when they were around.. So i dont need to prove anything as far as meeting up and racing someone.. Check youtube for my 1500- 3k+ money races..

This was very simple.. Bring the porsche that made 1200+HP to a dynojet by a 3rd party USP Motorsports and lets see those #s.. Proto doesnt have a car out of that shop that runs quicker than USP's stock motor Porsche so challenging in a race is a waste of time..

Im going to bet whoever is handling this proto account on here is not Mark the owner so this may all be nothing and im arguing with a useless employee or his son.. Who knows..

500.00 on the Table.. come pick up the green backs when your ready..

Old 10-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
Brother was I surprised to get an email alert that you were leaving messages in this forum. I thought you had folded your tent and disappeared into the night.

You never accepted any of my calls or emails about the parts you kept from my car and said you were going to sell for me. Shame on you for treating me that way after I spent, what ~$20k with you in 12 months!

But now I see you have money to throw around so how about taking care of what you owe ME?
The used Throttlebody i have sitting in my cabinet?? i can mail it back to you tomorrow Barry thats no problem.. Its sitting in my cabinet.. I havent gotten an email from you this year,, I just checked back to jan 2012.. Folded our tent?? Call after 11am tomorrow an someone will answer the phone 5 days a week every week for the last 5 years..

When was your last PM on here to me?? You think im out to rob you over a throttle body?? I honestly forgot.. We have a cabinet with a bunch of used porsche parts.. If i didnt have a customer who wanted the used part its still sitting there.. PM me the address and ill mail your parts back to you tomorrow.. Guess thats the thanks i get for offering to help you sell the parts.. Lesson learned from now on they go back with the customer and they can sell their own parts.. Thanks!!!

Mike

Old 10-30-2012, 08:32 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
I was more interested in the IPD plenum...but I suppose the throttle body, ignition coils, drive pulley, and silicon inlet hoses, and whatever else was swapped out are probably worth something too.

You need to check further back as this all happened in early 2011. As for calling, Shawn answers the phone and tells me you aren't available and you never return my calls. Is it because I was pretty much finished building out my car and the chance of future business looked non-existent so you figured I'm 4-5 hours away so you don't have to worry too much? Well you were right because I wasn't going to invest a 10 hour round trip without a commitment that you were going to be there and I couldn't ever get that.

Up to that point I thought you did a pretty good job other than over promising time frames a bit and I gave you credit publicly for that effort. But then you blew me off and kept the parts that you said were easy to sell. "I'll send you a check." That leaves a bitter taste!

And yes, you should either return parts to the customer upon completion of the job, buy them from the customer outright, or if you believe you can sell them keep them no longer than 60 days unless agreed otherwise. For you to still have (?) my parts almost 2 years later doesn't deserve my thanks as you imply. As far as I'm concerned that's something different as I tried to get you to return them to me too many times without ANY response from you.

I've had my say and I feel better now.

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
The used Throttlebody i have sitting in my cabinet?? i can mail it back to you tomorrow Barry thats no problem.. Its sitting in my cabinet.. I havent gotten an email from you this year,, I just checked back to jan 2012.. Folded our tent?? Call after 11am tomorrow an someone will answer the phone 5 days a week every week for the last 5 years..

When was your last PM on here to me?? You think im out to rob you over a throttle body?? I honestly forgot.. We have a cabinet with a bunch of used porsche parts.. If i didnt have a customer who wanted the used part its still sitting there.. PM me the address and ill mail your parts back to you tomorrow.. Guess thats the thanks i get for offering to help you sell the parts.. Lesson learned from now on they go back with the customer and they can sell their own parts.. Thanks!!!

Mike

Old 10-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
I was more interested in the IPD plenum...but I suppose the throttle body, ignition coils, drive pulley, and silicon inlet hoses, and whatever else was swapped out are probably worth something too.

You need to check further back as this all happened in early 2011. As for calling, Shawn answers the phone and tells me you aren't available and you never return my calls. Is it because I was pretty much finished building out my car and the chance of future business looked non-existent so you figured I'm 4-5 hours away so you don't have to worry too much? Well you were right because I wasn't going to invest a 10 hour round trip without a commitment that you were going to be there and I couldn't ever get that.

Up to that point I thought you did a pretty good job other than over promising time frames a bit and I gave you credit publicly for that effort. But then you blew me off and kept the parts that you said were easy to sell. "I'll send you a check." That leaves a bitter taste!

And yes, you should either return parts to the customer upon completion of the job, buy them from the customer outright, or if you believe you can sell them keep them no longer than 60 days unless agreed otherwise. For you to still have (?) my parts almost 2 years later doesn't deserve my thanks as you imply. As far as I'm concerned that's something different as I tried to get you to return them to me too many times without ANY response from you.

I've had my say and I feel better now.
WHOA WHOA.. Hang on.. I was never selling ignition coils, stock plastic inlet pipes or a stock crank pulley.. The inlets were cut as I showed you at the time to make the install cost you about 1/2 as much.. stock used coil packs are thrown away.. The stock crank pulley i was never going to sell.. The silicone hoses that were from the agency power intercoolers had to go with the coolers to work and you got a credit on your bill with those.. When they sold you got a credit immediately didnt you?? somewhere around 1k?? So please dont try to make this out to be more than what it is.. A bunch of used oem stock parts with how many miles you expected me to sell??

I am not going to buy parts off a customer unless you want a low ball price for it so then i can sit on it and make something.. I was simply trying to help you gain back some money for the parts you took off your car that you chose to buy.. I usually just pass what i sell the part for back to the customer as i make $$ on the labor anyway but you run your business the way you want ill run my businesses the way i want.. As a lesson though i wont off to sell parts for a customer ever again thats for sure..

PM me your address ill send back your parts tomorrow.. As long as you feel better is all that matters buddy.. The tent is still up and we are still operating just like we were 5 years ago.. Just a bit busier thats all.. I run 3 businesses now and no im not in the office always to take your call.. But my cell # is the same, email the same and none of them were used by you in the last year..

As the old saying goes " no good deed goes unpunished "..

Old 10-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Former Vendor
So back on topic.. Proto.. Im hearing crickets about this dynoing of the car.. Let us know if we can set a date next week to get this done..

Old 10-31-2012, 06:31 AM
mrslay is infamous around these partsmrslay is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Fugazi
This Thread is getting boring, why don't the Two shops (Prototech & AWD Motorsports) in the same area meet Like the Good Old Day's line up and Run.Talk is cheap NO Excuses
Racing to prove who can build a faster car would be pointless... Mike was kinda famous for leaving people butthurt back in the day.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:56 AM
Banned
Prototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to behold
Straight-line nonsense ?? I thought thats what you did with the Evo's Mike !!

And as far as road racing goes , weve been building track cars all along, so we could provide you a lesson in that as well. Weve only ever seen you at the track once.

As far as street racing goes, you dont seem to have any high HP Porsches, becuase correct me if I'm wrong, you havent built any. You dont have the capabilities to build a 997 motor , which is why you sub. everything out.

We will be at the dyno , as soon as we repair the slipping tannsmission , which we are doing right now. Whats the point of dynoing a car with a slipping transmission, , which Mike has told you about on this thread previously. So as soon as this is dont, we can move on to the next step.

And as for your REDICULOUS comments... You want everyone to believe that a car with a stock engine will be faster than a car with a fully built motor with a custom turbo system all built by us ? I think that just goes to show how little you know mike !

You are pulling things out of context when you mention Kieth Taub vs. USP's car. Kieths car is not a 1/4 mile car , and is not setup for that. Its strange that after we built Kieths car and he was out beating EVERYONE , where were you with your fastest street car ? Kieth had one of the fastest cars out there for a long time . Where were all of your fast cars then ? Its funny you bring up the video of of Kieth when al he had were bolt ons, not any of the videos from when we built it into a machine. But dont get me wrong Chris's car IS fast !! Kieth is now building a 4.3 litre monster. You will have to eat your words again when we complete this build.

We dont have any "useless" employees here , We have Porsche experts here that have 20+ years of experience each. And I myself , Stew , Daves son, am under an apprentice ship here at ProtoTech to start off the process. And correct me if I'm wrong, you dont have any Porsche techs working at your shop ?

We dont have to please you , Mike , our goal is to please our customers ! We dont understand why now all of a sudden you and some people seem to doubt us , now that we have gotten with the times and post our dyno videos. We have been building fast Porsches here since 1991, in the same building. The educated people that know Porsche know that we are no joke, and were the real deal .

Mike , you WILL have your dyno day , you WILL have the numbers , and we WILL have an apology from you , and your money . Btw , we have already thrown the car on a dynojet, WITH a slipping trans. just for kicks , so start saving up .

And a note to everyone on the forum reading this, Mike seems to have missed the fact that the Bullet Motorsports video was done on 1.2 bar ( low boost ) with pump fuel so your " timing calculations " would be off. As for ANY of our builds bieng "turds" , this is news to me ?! You will have your day Mike, and it will be soon.

ProtoTech will not be commenting any further on this matter. We will not engage ourselves any more in this " school yard " drama that is being created. Our builds and happy customers speak for themselves . Back to work !!

Old 10-31-2012, 10:25 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
strait line non sense ?hmm....

Old 10-31-2012, 10:36 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Prototech
Straight-line nonsense ?? I thought thats what you did with the Evo's Mike !!

And as far as road racing goes , weve been building track cars all along, so we could provide you a lesson in that as well. Weve only ever seen you at the track once.

As far as street racing goes, you dont seem to have any high HP Porsches, becuase correct me if I'm wrong, you havent built any. You dont have the capabilities to build a 997 motor , which is why you sub. everything out.

We will be at the dyno , as soon as we repair the slipping tannsmission , which we are doing right now. Whats the point of dynoing a car with a slipping transmission, , which Mike has told you about on this thread previously. So as soon as this is dont, we can move on to the next step.

And as for your REDICULOUS comments... You want everyone to believe that a car with a stock engine will be faster than a car with a fully built motor with a custom turbo system all built by us ? I think that just goes to show how little you know mike !

You are pulling things out of context when you mention Kieth Taub vs. USP's car. Kieths car is not a 1/4 mile car , and is not setup for that. Its strange that after we built Kieths car and he was out beating EVERYONE , where were you with your fastest street car ? Kieth had one of the fastest cars out there for a long time . Where were all of your fast cars then ? Its funny you bring up the video of of Kieth when al he had were bolt ons, not any of the videos from when we built it into a machine. But dont get me wrong Chris's car IS fast !! Kieth is now building a 4.3 litre monster. You will have to eat your words again when we complete this build.

We dont have any "useless" employees here , We have Porsche experts here that have 20+ years of experience each. And I myself , Stew , Daves son, am under an apprentice ship here at ProtoTech to start off the process. And correct me if I'm wrong, you dont have any Porsche techs working at your shop ?

We dont have to please you , Mike , our goal is to please our customers ! We dont understand why now all of a sudden you and some people seem to doubt us , now that we have gotten with the times and post our dyno videos. We have been building fast Porsches here since 1991, in the same building. The educated people that know Porsche know that we are no joke, and were the real deal .

Mike , you WILL have your dyno day , you WILL have the numbers , and we WILL have an apology from you , and your money . Btw , we have already thrown the car on a dynojet, WITH a slipping trans. just for kicks , so start saving up .

And a note to everyone on the forum reading this, Mike seems to have missed the fact that the Bullet Motorsports video was done on 1.2 bar ( low boost ) with pump fuel so your " timing calculations " would be off. As for ANY of our builds bieng "turds" , this is news to me ?! You will have your day Mike, and it will be soon.

ProtoTech will not be commenting any further on this matter. We will not engage ourselves any more in this " school yard " drama that is being created. Our builds and happy customers speak for themselves . Back to work !!
You hit the nail on the head.. DID with the Evos.. YEs i built 2 evos to run 8s.. and then i took the 2nd 8 second evo and ran 2:25s at Sebring with it.. The last of that car was a road course car..

Proto.. You are back peddling as everyone anticipated.. Dont take the callout off topic and refocus on what i have done with Porsches.. I admitted from post 1 I am not a TOP PORSCHE BUILDER and i dont proclaim to be. You believe you are which is pretty funny..

I asked you to dyno that 997tt 6 speed manual car that made 1275whp @ 1.6 bar on a dyno jet and if it doesnt make the HP i will pay you 500.00 cash money..

This has nothing to do with Michaels Tiptronic car.. I never saw it run, i never said a thing about his car.. I said take that Turd of a 997 that has the incar video to USP's dyno and dyno it and prove me and everyone else i sent that video to that will remain nameless wrong.. Several top tuners in this game laughed and said you were JOKE.. You have been building fast cars since 1991.. With 21 years experience i think you would show some Track times to prove you build fast cars because i havent seen a fast one yet.. You dont want my track videos of cars i built trust me.. I have built Evos for only 5 years and hold several records as fastest in the WORLD including the fastest Drag Radial Evo running 9.05 & fastest stock ecu Evo in the World... You are a legend in your own mind and you have been selling your customers the coolaid the fake dyno #'s are pouring for them..

So lets dyno the car that doesnt have a slipping clutch and made 1275hp @ 1.6bar on Race gas next week.. Either your in or your out.. Ill raise it to 1000.00 CASH $$$$.. Take it or leave it so i dont have to be bothered engaging with a youtube dyno warrior that cant back up his claims..

Mike

Old 10-31-2012, 10:38 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by unvmy996
strait line non sense ?hmm....
Yes I find using a Porsche at Sebring much more rewarding myself then building it to just go straight.. For that i take a pile of **** Evo and run 8s by accident.. Thats my opinion thats all.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:12 AM
Banned
Prototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to behold
Mike , there is no backpeddling , thats all Im saying, you WILL owe me an apology and now 1k in cash. We sell the real deal , no jokes here , youll see . Call the shop to setup something.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:14 AM
Banned
start saving up

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche Tuning in South Florida