997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Spark Plug Change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 06:21 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Depends on boost levels run but generally if a simple setup we run .025.. Thats whats in my 997tt at 20psi w/ no issues making 540whp..

Mike
Thanks Mike for the info...I'll double check them very carefully tomorrow!

Old 07-16-2010, 11:23 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Well I changed out my plugs...I learned a trick doing the plugs...Just drop the damn turbo and you won't have to kill yourself trying to change the plugs...It's very simple to remove the turbos and it will save you a whole lot of time! Once the turbos are off you can get to all the plugs with ease! I haven't put the car back together yet because I broke a stud off on the turbo where the cat mounts...I tried an easy out and it broke that too! So I'll have to take it down to a shop and have them remove it for me...All my plugs were in pretty good shape....I'm so tempted to buy turbos right now lol!

Old 07-16-2010, 11:58 PM
Former Vendor
acuteperformance is infamous around these parts
buy new turbos i'll hook it up

michael
acute performance

Old 07-17-2010, 11:01 AM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
You're a crazy man, Ryan. How long did it take you even with dropping the turbos?

Old 07-17-2010, 01:08 PM
If you drop the turbos, its very simple...I could probably have it down in a few hours...I broke off one of the studs for the cats in the turbo...So I had to take it to a machine shop to have it tapped out....Plus its 100+ in the garage and I'm dieing!

Old 07-17-2010, 05:25 PM
mickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to behold
UPGRADE THE TURBOS!

Old 08-21-2010, 10:29 PM
cgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by AlexM
I also run colder Denso Platinum plugs. The car idles and runs smoother.
which model of denso plat did you use, my tuner is recommending pk20pr-p8

Old 08-21-2010, 11:54 PM
OneFastBeast is infamous around these parts
I see that we are in the same city maybe you can help me change my plugs one day skeeter.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by OneFastBeast
I see that we are in the same city maybe you can help me change my plugs one day skeeter.
As long as it's more towards the winter time! To hot to sit inside a garage doing it right now..