997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

guard LSD problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 11:15 AM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
nreddy,
pm sent.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Former Vendor
GTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by obsessed
I have had my Guard LSD in my 2006 997S for 3 months and it is awesome! I was amazed how much it improved braking. I was looking for it to help accelerating out of corners, which it does. But the change in handling under hard braking is a big and not fully anticipated bonus.

Matt was a big help in ordering process.
Thanks for the feedback and I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your LSD. As I mentioned above, we rarely hear about it when people are happy, usually only when there's something wrong.

I repaired and returned the OP's damaged LSD to Canada about a month ago and not a word from anyone. I assume this means the install went fine and he's also enjoying his LSD. Otherwise I would like to hear about it and figure out the problem and how to solve it.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:12 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
nreddy: did you get your LSD installed this time? How is it?

Old 09-08-2010, 06:43 PM
nreddy is infamous around these parts
yes, works fine on the road-was waiting to trial on the track before commenting-guess not going to happen now-after the miserable summer we have had in Calgary.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:31 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nreddy
yes, works fine on the road-was waiting to trial on the track before commenting-guess not going to happen now-after the miserable summer we have had in Calgary.
Good to hear. Don't forget us when you do get some track testing on it. Thanks.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Former Vendor
GTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond repute
Glad to hear you got it sorted and installed. Let me know if there's anything I can assist you with in the future. I am always available.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
I spoke to Matt on a few occasions on drive train related issues and he's a stand up guy and now that i have done the go fast goodies my next call will be to him. Well in the spring time time when my wallet and I stop fighting

Old 09-09-2010, 07:05 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Educate me. Why would somebody want to replace their factory LSD with this or is this something that somebody without LSD or a broken LSD would buy.