997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

GT2 second round of mods !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 01:34 PM
GT-Silver is infamous around these partsGT-Silver is infamous around these parts
I think i will go for intercoolers first then and keep stock headers from your info, does anyone have any feedback on either TPC, AWE, or any other good intercoolers for track use ?

Old 07-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT-Silver
<hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->Well its been 6 months since i had a FVD flash with test pipes on my 997 GT2 which is just amazing !!

I'm already getting used to the power and looking for more. 2 options im thinking about are

1) FVD Race Muffler 997 GT2 "Brombacher" Titanium, 4-chambers, bypass Race super sound, 10,6 Kg BES 997 152 51TR and FVD headers does anyone have any feedback on the exhaust mentioned ?

Or

2) headers and intercoolers and silicone pipes but i have no background on which intercooler to get ? There are a lot and i dont know which one suits me. I've read about intercoolers here and on rennlist and i seriously got lost !! Driving style - Spirited Daily driven, race every other weekend.

Thanks.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<!-- / message --> <!-- controls -->
GT Silver,

Your driving style fits our tuning style perfectly.

1. The titanium exhaust set up that you mention is made for 650 + Hp cars. So I would not recommend it until you upgrade your turbos ( that is until you decide to do that )

2. The FVD headers will work beautifully with your current set up and are we can send you an updated file for them at no additional cost to you.

3. We are developing a new set of intercoolers and hoses that will be ready very soon. I will post our results once they are complete.

We also have a new set of Turbo's for your car which are exchanges and are good for 750 hp. They are priced right. Here is the link...
You would also receive a free software update with the addition of our turbos.

If you would like, pm your email address to me and I will put an offer together for you. I can now sell to you directly through FVD Germany as I have a ton of customers in Kuwait.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 07-20-2010, 04:36 PM
Banned
gt2urbo is infamous around these partsgt2urbo is infamous around these parts
i think rennlist as a 100 page post on what ic to use on track

Old 07-21-2010, 02:47 AM
georgefu has a brilliant futuregeorgefu has a brilliant futuregeorgefu has a brilliant futuregeorgefu has a brilliant futuregeorgefu has a brilliant futuregeorgefu has a brilliant futuregeorgefu has a brilliant futuregeorgefu has a brilliant futuregeorgefu has a brilliant futuregeorgefu has a brilliant futuregeorgefu has a brilliant future
awsome!

Old 07-22-2010, 10:45 AM
GT-Silver is infamous around these partsGT-Silver is infamous around these parts
Hi Rhonda its good to hear from you.

Can you give us more details regarding the intercoolers that your working on ? What differences are the new intercoolers have than the one's you already are selling ? And how soon will they be available ?

Thanks.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Acropora has a spectacular aura aboutAcropora has a spectacular aura about
Nice GT2. I wonder if water injection would be of much benefit.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:08 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Rhonda its good to hear from you.

Can you give us more details regarding the intercoolers that your working on ? What differences are the new intercoolers have than the one's you already are selling ? And how soon will they be available ?

Thanks.
Good to hear from you as well, glad you are enjoying the mods!

We will have 3 options for 997 TT/GT2 intercoolers. 2 vendor's from Europe and 1 vendor from the U.S (TPC). As soon as I have the details from Europe I will let you know. It should be another 2-3 weeks or so. The european coolers will be available in 2 different price ranges based on their performance.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 07-27-2010, 10:05 AM
That's great Rhonda im already interested in TPC intercoolers, but i'll wait and see what are the other 2 intercoolers from europe and how they compare to TPC and from there i'll decide.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Very Nice!

Old 08-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Any updates regarding the 2 intercoolers from europe ?

Old 08-07-2010, 11:05 AM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
I am in Texas and we are having constant 105+ days.

I suggest CMS Werks1 inter-coolers, Cargraphic Race Exhaust(Cat-less) and GMG headers.
I did these on my 997TT.1 can could not be happier.

Contact Champion Motorsport for the inter-coolers

RSS for Cargraphic Exhaust.

GMG for headers.

Last edited by venkatreddytx; 08-07-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:46 PM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
u can't go wrong with TPC-Proto "blend" intercoolers .. I'd go intercoolers + mufflers. IMO you only look into headers when u go bigger/modified turbo's. hence, in other words u only change headers when u have to!
yours are doin just well ..

Last edited by SpunkyQ8; 08-07-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:54 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
I think i will go for intercoolers first then and keep stock headers from your info, does anyone have any feedback on either TPC, AWE, or any other good intercoolers for track use ?
Bro,

I just ordered the TPC/Protomotive I/Cs.

They should reach me in about two weeks time max.

If you want to see them before I install, PM me your contacts and I'll get in touch with you as soon as they get to Kuwait.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:34 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
I have set of protomotive IC's setting in my garage. If you want i can take pix for you if that helps.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
Bro,

I just ordered the TPC/Protomotive I/Cs.

They should reach me in about two weeks time max.

If you want to see them before I install, PM me your contacts and I'll get in touch with you as soon as they get to Kuwait.

k_ddsl- thanks for your input i was actually meaning to contact you whenever you got the tpc intercoolers
i'm really interested in tpc coolers but i dont want to rush into things, i will wait and see what Rhonda from FVD will come upto with the 2 other coolers that FVD offer.

pm sent.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 second round of mods !!