997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

GT2 second round of mods !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 03:17 PM
GT-Silver is infamous around these partsGT-Silver is infamous around these parts
GT2 second round of mods !!

<hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->Well its been 6 months since i had a FVD flash with test pipes on my 997 GT2 which is just amazing !!

I'm already getting used to the power and looking for more. 2 options im thinking about are

1) FVD Race Muffler 997 GT2 "Brombacher" Titanium, 4-chambers, bypass Race super sound, 10,6 Kg BES 997 152 51TR and FVD headers does anyone have any feedback on the exhaust mentioned ?

Or

2) headers and intercoolers and silicone pipes but i have no background on which intercooler to get ? There are a lot and i dont know which one suits me. I've read about intercoolers here and on rennlist and i seriously got lost !! Driving style - Spirited Daily driven, race every other weekend.

Thanks.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<!-- / message --> <!-- controls -->

Old 07-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Banned
gt2urbo is infamous around these partsgt2urbo is infamous around these parts
cant go wrong with evoms,awe i believe i had awe's on my 750 hp turbo and they worked well. i have striaght pipes on my gt2 and it saves nearly 50 pounds from the rear and has a very loud exhaust note pipes from bbi total cost was 600

Old 07-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Monster IC's:

Comes in the complete 900hp R911 package:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...911-turbo.html

Last edited by Neil Switzer; 07-19-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:40 PM
Banned
i forgot about these . im planning on doing the 911 kit soon go with these they WILL WORK . btw ur link isnt workjing for me mr. switzer

Old 07-19-2010, 03:49 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Just fixed the link.

We recently did a black GT2, should upload some pics for ya.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:58 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
Just fixed the link.

We recently did a black GT2, should upload some pics for ya.
I'm running GIAC w/ GMG Ti Exhaust, any pieces of your Switzer kit you'd recommend?

Old 07-19-2010, 04:08 PM
gtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud of
Since you've already got cat-delete test pipes and the stock Akrapovic muffler works really well (as do the stock exhaust manifolds), I'd just go with a really good i/c setup like Switzer, Protomotive, TPC, EVOMS.

Another item that really worked for me is the EVOMS 997tt air intake ducting setup. It really flows much better than the oem ducting (my car made 870whp breathing thru these along with stock exhaust manifold and stock muffler).

Old 07-19-2010, 04:09 PM
GT-Silver is infamous around these partsGT-Silver is infamous around these parts
gt2urbo - Well i have cat delete pipes with the oem akropvic exhaust right now but i need something a bit louder and more power, should i go with headers + exhaust or header + intercoolers ?

Neil - Regarding the switzer R911 package its great with great numbers but i dont plan to upgrade the turbos anytime i just need more use able power for the track so do you recommend switzer intercoolers in that size ? isnt bigger not always better ? will it withstand 20-30 mins track sessions ?
Temperatures in Kuwait range from 25-15 degrees C and in the winter and 38-48 degrees C in the summer, track sessions are only in the winter.
i know its a lot of questions but i really want to make sure i get what suits me, thanks again.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Banned
get intercooler its so hot there

Old 07-19-2010, 04:14 PM
gtovan - regarding the EVOMS 997tt air intake ducting setup this involves removing the engine off the car am i right ?

Old 07-19-2010, 04:28 PM
gt2urbo - It is really hot. If i find a reliable intercooler that will withstand 20-30 mins track sessions without effecting the timing to reduce power i'll take it because thats what i need, i just looked at TPC and they have a 997 GT2 setup for the track lets see what results they come up with. Dont get me wrong but some may work great for the temperature ranges that you have but that doesnt necessarily mean that it will work here.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:38 PM
gtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud of
I do not know if it can be installed with the engine in place (might want to verify w/ EVOMS). Mine was already out for other mods.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:56 PM
Banned
yeah it doesnt get to 118 often but the track was about 160 from what i heard and the outside temp was 109 and that was 2 weekends ago. coolsuit inc. i think i need a intercooler too

Old 07-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by GT-Silver
Neil - Regarding the switzer R911 package its great with great numbers but i dont plan to upgrade the turbos anytime i just need more use able power for the track so do you recommend switzer intercoolers in that size ? isnt bigger not always better ? will it withstand 20-30 mins track sessions ?
Temperatures in Kuwait range from 25-15 degrees C and in the winter and 38-48 degrees C in the summer, track sessions are only in the winter.
i know its a lot of questions but i really want to make sure i get what suits me, thanks again.
Last time we had the R911 out, it was 35*C ambient track temp on a track that we could get up to 300kmh on the back straight before the kink and slowed down to about 60kmh, for 20 minute track sessions and showed very minimal to no signs of heatsoak.

Bigger is not better in a lot of ways, but we would not use 6" intercoolers if they did not support the power that we run and the endurance that our customers demand. We only make 6" monster IC's, nothing else.

Old 07-19-2010, 06:37 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
stock header is very good

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 second round of mods !!