997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New Top Speed Runs with PBox Data: 997.2 TT with Softronic + BMC Filter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2010 | 12:16 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
200mph is no joke. I would make sure you focus on safety.

Old 07-27-2010 | 12:21 PM
|
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Totally empty 2.5 mile road with great tarmac.
2 am, no one in sight as far as the eye can see.
Huge adrenaline burst for company.

Funny thing is, over around 140~150 MPH, the car finds whole new levels of grip

Old 07-27-2010 | 12:24 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
check your air pressure, the higher PSI less rolling resistance. to bad you can't change the alignment specs easily to stand up the rear end with 0 camber and 0 toe. Tape your hood and door lines too I have some experience - http://www.vividracing.com/forums/pr...our-story.html

Old 07-27-2010 | 02:44 PM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
If you are asking me if I am willing to help you in the development process, my answer is yes. But I don't see how we can do it economically seeing as I am so far away from you!
Great reading your thread .. Flawless data and very well said posts "as always" ..

One more thing Karim, Regarding u helpin Dan on the development of his valvtronic .. r u movin to the automotive industry, and doing auto R&D advisory for Example????

Thumbs up +2 ..

Old 07-27-2010 | 03:06 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
Great number and amazing I wasn't sure about softronic to behonest but that's a numbers in the eye mabrook my frnd and this number satisfy me !!!
Am sure the problem was 100% or shall I say the improvement was 100% from changing fuel type

Old 07-28-2010 | 03:03 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
-The best 60-130 run was 8.27 on a slight incline. The 100-200 km/h on that run was 7.15.

-The 1/4 mile time and was 11.1 @ 128.8.

-The 0-300 km/h was 31.25 (same as a stock ZR1).

Outstanding job, Karim!!

Attached Images  
Old 07-28-2010 | 06:20 PM
Racer_eX is infamous around these parts
Those were some impressive runs! I would love to have a place to test my car's top end abilities... Anyone have any ideas as to a place not too far from San Diego County where this could be done without risking a "Buddy G." incident. (Search the archives! )

As to your exhaust criteria, I concur 100%.

Old 07-28-2010 | 10:14 PM
PyroKerry has a spectacular aura aboutPyroKerry has a spectacular aura about
Great discussion, great information. Please keep it coming.

Old 07-29-2010 | 02:27 AM
|
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
check your air pressure, the higher PSI less rolling resistance. to bad you can't change the alignment specs easily to stand up the rear end with 0 camber and 0 toe. Tape your hood and door lines too I have some experience - http://www.vividracing.com/forums/pr...our-story.html
Thanks for the advice Dan. Although I cannot make suspension changes, I will take the rest of your advice gladly .

Originally Posted by SpunkyQ8
Great reading your thread .. Flawless data and very well said posts "as always" ..

One more thing Karim, Regarding u helpin Dan on the development of his valvtronic .. r u movin to the automotive industry, and doing auto R&D advisory for Example????

Thumbs up +2 ..
Thanks bro! No, not moving into automotive.
The best I can do is offer my car as a test mule !
I would whole heartedly help Vivid anytime as they have always been very correct and supportive with me.

Originally Posted by yalmutawa
Great number and amazing I wasn't sure about softronic to behonest but that's a numbers in the eye mabrook my frnd and this number satisfy me !!!
Am sure the problem was 100% or shall I say the improvement was 100% from changing fuel type
Thanks bro.

Old 07-29-2010 | 02:33 AM
|
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
-The best 60-130 run was 8.27 on a slight incline. The 100-200 km/h on that run was 7.15.

Outstanding job, Karim!!
Thank you Scott for verifying the numbers and for chiming in.
I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Racer_eX
Those were some impressive runs! I would love to have a place to test my car's top end abilities... Anyone have any ideas as to a place not too far from San Diego County where this could be done without risking a "Buddy G." incident. (Search the archives! )

As to your exhaust criteria, I concur 100%.
Thanks! As to the exhaust, Europipe all the way bro!

Sorry I can't help you with a suggestion on roads.
However, it would be ideal if you can find a disused airport runway or even any track with a long straight to let your car stretch her legs a bit.
My car hit 190 mph in 1.3 miles so if you can find a track with, say, a 1.5 to 2 mile straight, that would work out for you.
It would be safer than what I did anyway!

Originally Posted by PyroKerry
Great discussion, great information. Please keep it coming.
Thanks mate.
Will update everyone with new runs and after I install new parts.

Old 07-29-2010 | 04:35 PM
Racer_eX is infamous around these parts
Thanks! As to the exhaust, Europipe all the way bro!
Has Stef said when it would be released?

Sorry I can't help you with a suggestion on roads. However, it would be ideal if you can find a disused airport runway or even any track with a long straight to let your car stretch her legs a bit. My car hit 190 mph in 1.3 miles so if you can find a track with, say, a 1.5 to 2 mile straight, that would work out for you.
Thanks. I don't think there's anything like that, except possibly the old airport strip at Holtville. But last time I was there, it was in a pretty bad state of disrepair. In the meantime, I will just periodically view the below link to reinforce the message about what not to do...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...adventure.html

Let us know when you hit 200.

Old 07-29-2010 | 07:46 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme

Outstanding job, Karim!!
I'm a little puzzled about why the 60-130 is "only" 8.27 (i.e. why not faster) for a car that does 129mph in the quarter? No disrespect intended at all, it's an awesome car. I haven't pboxed my car or anything but it's a 6speed 997tt with AWE exhaust and Proto tune and I was under the impression that I was getting into the 7s for 60-130 time (it feels significantly faster than the stock car). I do note that the temps there are really high and that surely has an effect.

Old 07-30-2010 | 02:33 AM
|
Has Stef said when it would be released?
They have their exhaust already on a car and testing. Shouldn't be too far off now.
Stef is still not final on a date though

Thanks. I don't think there's anything like that, except possibly the old airport strip at Holtville. But last time I was there, it was in a pretty bad state of disrepair. In the meantime, I will just periodically view the below link to reinforce the message about what not to do...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...adventure.html

Let us know when you hit 200.
Man! I wasn't aware of that thread. Thanks for pointing it out!
I'm glad BuddyG seems to have walked away from the incident with minimal damage. It could have been much worse.

I will be attempting that run hopefully tonight... Wish me luck!

Originally Posted by The Bogg
I'm a little puzzled about why the 60-130 is "only" 8.27 (i.e. why not faster) for a car that does 129mph in the quarter? No disrespect intended at all, it's an awesome car. I haven't pboxed my car or anything but it's a 6speed 997tt with AWE exhaust and Proto tune and I was under the impression that I was getting into the 7s for 60-130 time (it feels significantly faster than the stock car). I do note that the temps there are really high and that surely has an effect.
Hey bro.
It's actually a very good question and no disrespect whatsoever read into your post.

Here's the thing:
The way the Softronic tune is working now, it is doing wonders over 124 mph, in the 124 to 190+ bracket.
0 to 62 and 62 to 124 still needs some fine tuning.

Keep this in mind however: even fully stock, the car pulls like a freight train from rest with the PDK gearbox, hence the strong 1/4 mile.

The 60 to 130 obviously does not take into consideration either the 0 to 60 or what happens beyond 130.

With the car still stock with only a simple drop in filter, the 0 to 300 kms time dropped from 41.8/9 (documented stock) to 31.25. That's a MASSIVE result from the Softronic tune.

Now, if Scott can work his magic to improve the 0 to 60 and 60 to 130 times, this tune will probably become one of the strongest tunes around!

Best of all, the car's DD ability has, at least to me, improved significantly!

I just received an email from Scott Slauson from Softronic.

After reading this thread, he is now more determined than ever to work with me until both he and I feel we have squeezed every last iota of performance out of the car. That means, expect to see some strong improvements in the 0 to 124 range in addition to what we got in the 124 + range.

I gotta say, the way Scott Slauson is supporting me and his tune is beyond description.

At this stage and after posting the results I have and declaring openly that I am satisfied with the tune, Scott has no further obligation. He could easily walk away and it would have been job done.

But no, Scott is standing by me and the tune itself until we both cry uncle!

So here's a message to Scott Slauson:
My hat's off to you for being such a class act. RESPECT brudda!

At this point, I would also like to give a shout out to Dan M. @ Vivid Racing.
Thank you for everything.

Old 07-30-2010 | 05:03 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !

I just received an email from Scott Slauson from Softronic.

After reading this thread, he is now more determined than ever to work with me until both he and I feel we have squeezed every last iota of performance out of the car.
I gotta say, the way Scott Slauson is supporting me and his tune is beyond description.

He could easily walk away and it would have been job done.

But no, Scott is standing by me and the tune itself until we both cry uncle!

So here's a message to Scott Slauson:
My hat's off to you for being such a class act. RESPECT brudda!

Oh and Paul, I only live in Kuwait, I'm not Kuwaiti though.

The way the exhaust upgrade is gonna go is this:
Once Stef releases his new exhaust, Todd will test it (with/at TPC probably.)
If he gives me the go ahead, I'll install it, otherwise, I will install whatever exhaust he tells me to, provided it meets the following criteria:

1- No Drone - No unreasonably loud noises inside the car
2- More power throughout the range
3- Deep nicely tuned growling type sound outside, but not too loud so as to cheapen the car

I am truly hoping Stef's exhaust will be Ok'ed by Todd K.
You sound a very happy man Karim. Its mighty impressive the way Softronic (Scott) has stepped up and their service is supreme No 1 going by your words so very pleased to hear all went down well to your expectations. The numbers certainly look good so far and your car is an absolute missile given your heat conditions as well .

So where are you actually from then? Antarctica . Im off to a very cold (and fun) place for the next week or so so may see you there .

And EP. Well i think it goes without my saying that when stef has this .2 exhaust ready for release it will be a (the) winner....no doubt!! And I'm sure Todd K will sign it off once the times comes and, I am looking forward to hearing about your intercooler upgrade.

Great post as always and...am awaiting more good news. When im back..

Old 07-30-2010 | 05:36 AM
|
Originally Posted by speed21
You sound a very happy man Karim. Its mighty impressive the way Softronic (Scott) has stepped up and their service is supreme No 1 going by your words so very pleased to hear all went down well to your expectations. The numbers certainly look good so far and your car is an absolute missile given your heat conditions as well .

So where are you actually from then? Antarctica . Im off to a very cold (and fun) place for the next week or so so may see you there .

And EP. Well i think it goes without my saying that when stef has this .2 exhaust ready for release it will be a (the) winner....no doubt!! And I'm sure Todd K will sign it off once the times comes and, I am looking forward to hearing about your intercooler upgrade.

Great post as always and...am awaiting more good news. When im back..
Thanks Paul!

Just to clarify one point vis-a-vis Todd K. and EP. Todd will only be checking for EP with respect to his kit and his components.
I am not asking Todd to judge EP's exhaust as such.

In my book, EP quality speaks for itself. Period.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Top Speed Runs with PBox Data: 997.2 TT with Softronic + BMC Filter