997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New Top Speed Runs with PBox Data: 997.2 TT with Softronic + BMC Filter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2010 | 10:09 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
60-130 is TOTALLY different then the 1/4. In my 6spd with 825HP, the best non dedicated 60-130 we could get and verified by DIVEXTREME was 6.04. My car best trap was 135mph though. There are guys that trap 135 running 10.5sec and 60-130mph at around 5.50sec.

Old 07-30-2010 | 10:31 AM
|
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Dan,

Quick question for advice:

I mean to dyno the car and the only dyno here that I know of for a 4WD car is a Dynojet.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that it does not like our PCars...

Is that true or the DJet will be fine.

Any special settings, recommendations for doing the run?
3 gear pull? 4th gear? etc...?

Old 07-30-2010 | 10:34 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
A DynoJet is like a guy in the woods rolling on 2 big logs in the water. For RWD no problem, for AWD, problem as these rollers are not connected. The Mustang Dyno, Dyno Dynamics are connected via a coupler or belt so the front and rear rollers move the same. When I put my car on a AWD DynoJet locally here, the front and rear wheel speeds would never match up so the car would think it was having an issue or the numbers were way off. That is why most guys that have these really high numbers are doing it using a RWD dyno jet by disconnecting the front half shafts. That really is not real world numbers.

To be honest the dyno is so worthless and you have set a benchmark of how PBox testing should be done. Your car is in motion getting proper airflow and real world resistance. I would continue to mod and use those baselines to show your cars success.

Old 07-30-2010 | 10:44 AM
|
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
OK.
Better not spend useless $$ then.

I'm going out for my 200mph attempt tonight. Wish me luck.

Yousef is coming out to play as well. He fitted your straight pipes and raced it yesterday.

He walked the other car big time. I was there to watch ! I'll let him post the details.

I will be PBox(ing) his car tonight as well. Should make for some very interesting results.

I PBoxed his car a week back when it had 4 cracked coil packs, 6 completely burned out plugs and air leaks in 3 hoses.

I was amazed! His car managed an incredible time 60-130 pull despite the problems!

I have his DBN files. I will post results if he wants me to.

Since then, he changed out all coil packs and plugs and replaced the hoses.

Old 07-30-2010 | 10:54 AM
Former Vendor
Wow! Glad you are helping him. I owe you for that support. You are no VR Kuwait

Please take some side by side pics and then video so I can post on our site.

Be safe, and good luck!

Old 07-30-2010 | 11:10 AM
|
No bro! You owe me nothing!
Yousef is all heart and an all 'round great guy.

Besides that, he's a fellow 6speeder!
The way I see it, helping each other out is what this community is all about!

Will try to take pics and grab some vid as well.

Old 07-30-2010 | 11:11 AM
Former Vendor
Yousef cracks me up when he calls here. I am glad his car is MOVING. Please take some pics and vids!

Old 08-09-2010 | 05:31 PM
Former Vendor
Did you hit 200mph?

BTW I blogged you up here - http://www.vrtuned.com/tuning/client...-0-60-14-mile/

Last edited by vividracing; 02-02-2014 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-09-2010 | 05:59 PM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing
Did you hit 200mph?

BTW I blogged you up here - http://www.softronictuning.com/clien...-0-60-14-mile/
Nice Dan!
But you might wana cover up the license plate ?

Old 08-09-2010 | 06:32 PM
From: Waltham, MA/Southport,CT/Vero Beach, FL/Grosse Pointe, MI
steve0827 is a name known to allsteve0827 is a name known to allsteve0827 is a name known to allsteve0827 is a name known to allsteve0827 is a name known to allsteve0827 is a name known to all
IIRC seventh gear is more of an overdrive gear rather than being there for actual performance.

Old 08-09-2010 | 08:22 PM
|
Originally Posted by vividracing
Did you hit 200mph?

BTW I blogged you up here - http://www.softronictuning.com/clien...-0-60-14-mile/
Either way too hot or way to humid.

Haven't had a chance to go for a second run yet.

Thanks for the blog!

Old 08-09-2010 | 08:32 PM
|
Originally Posted by steve0827
IIRC seventh gear is more of an overdrive gear rather than being there for actual performance.
Not that simple.

The car in stock tune hits a top speed of 194 MPH and is limited to that top speed by the ECU.

This top speed can be reached in 6th gear.
At that point, if you shift into seventh, and since it has already reached the speed limited by the ECU, seventh becomes a pure overdrive function.
If, however you shift into seventh at, say, 180 MPH, the car can keep accelerating in seventh up to 194 MPH as well.

Scott Slauson removes the speed limit in from the ECU in the Softronic tune which enables the car to stretch further.
In my case, 196 MPH became a rev limiter issue in 6th gear and I did not shift into seventh as I was in Sport + Mode.