997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Long Island New Yorkers..Beware of Drivers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 06:23 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 0luke1
You may have received bad advice from the cops. In NJ, you can write your own tickets - if you got the license plate and visually identified the driver, you could go to the cop shop and have them fill out the ticket for you. If you have cell pix, all the better. You have to go to court (just like the cop does when you contest a ticket), but you do have legal recourse (at least in NJ).

I've threatened this a couple of times and that was all I needed to get the LEOs to do their job. For example, I had a car totaled by a tractor-trailer who illegally changed lanes in the Lincoln tunnel (pinning me against the wall). The cop wasn't going to write a ticket (!) because "he didn't see it happen" and when I told him I was going to swear out a complaint for illegal lane change and reckless driving - and that I was going to involve him for not doing his job - the ticket book came out of his back pocket and he got busy. Sure helped with the insurance claim.

Good info. Thanks.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:25 PM
XPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to behold
***I did not in any way provoke this and although admittedly "spirited" in my TT I drive exceedingly well and respect other drivers.

I try to stay away from the traffic usually by just blasting far ahead of it to find open road...***

This explains everything

Peter

Old 07-30-2010, 05:26 PM
Redmist is infamous around these partsRedmist is infamous around these parts
Angry It's not racial

Originally Posted by Serpentene
I've read some of the horror stories shared amongst you regarding economically challenged drivers who absolutely HATE luxury car owners and I have until now only virtually felt your pain..

That is until this morning. While driving on Sunrise Hwy in early morning rush an ******* threw a large cup of gravel all over my windshield and hood of my TT.

I did not in any way provoke this and although admittedly "spirited" in my TT I drive exceedingly well and respect other drivers.

I try to stay away from the traffic usually by just blasting far ahead of it to find open road...

Any way I wanted to let all you Islanders know that not only do we have to contend with the $hitty roads...(roads when I could remember not too long ago were as good as any other non-seasonal climatic state) when our high taxes fortunated us to at least have a decent road surface..presently disregarded.

Furthermore after contacting the Suffolk police department regarding the incident I was informed nothing could be pursued subsequent to the "alleged" traffic violation with out an official "accident" claim presented to an on-scene Officer.

So if this happens the next time I guess you will be reading in the news paper a headline which reads "Louisville slugger found wedged in victim's skull in road rage incident..."

I have stone chip damage scattered about the hood and headlamps and one in the fog lamps as well. As bad as this is I perceived even worse as the intention was severe.

I am arranging plans to move out of New York hopefully in near future. The cost paid to live comfortably is no longer presenting itself worth the price of admission. It's become a disgrace. And with the housing market taking a beating..the migration of poorer income riff raff entering the neighborhoods has become much more noticeably prevalent.

This is not a racial or derogatory remark. It is simple truth.

Stay alert. Be well.

You tipped your hand when you mentioned race when up 'til then it had only been about class,

Old 08-01-2010, 09:27 AM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
This explains everything

Oh indeed Peter...and I am quite confident that you adhere to the 55 MPH speed limit as well.

You tipped your hand when you mentioned race when up 'til then it had only been about class,<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Did I? It often amazes me of the nonsense sensitivity applied when ever a caucasian especially mention any connotation toward a minority race; particularly a race of colour, or other minority applied in same sentence.

The facts implied here are solely based upon localized geographical area census and income. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you are disillusioning yourself to derogatory racial assumptions Sir; these presumptions are only your own.

For the educated and open minded 6speed member diversity; the Turbo is in the shop and currently under restoration. Thanks.