997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Long Island New Yorkers..Beware of Drivers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
Long Island New Yorkers..Beware of Drivers

I've read some of the horror stories shared amongst you regarding economically challenged drivers who absolutely HATE luxury car owners and I have until now only virtually felt your pain..

That is until this morning. While driving on Sunrise Hwy in early morning rush an ******* threw a large cup of gravel all over my windshield and hood of my TT.

I did not in any way provoke this and although admittedly "spirited" in my TT I drive exceedingly well and respect other drivers.

I try to stay away from the traffic usually by just blasting far ahead of it to find open road...

Any way I wanted to let all you Islanders know that not only do we have to contend with the $hitty roads...(roads when I could remember not too long ago were as good as any other non-seasonal climatic state) when our high taxes fortunated us to at least have a decent road surface..presently disregarded.

Furthermore after contacting the Suffolk police department regarding the incident I was informed nothing could be pursued subsequent to the "alleged" traffic violation with out an official "accident" claim presented to an on-scene Officer.

So if this happens the next time I guess you will be reading in the news paper a headline which reads "Louisville slugger found wedged in victim's skull in road rage incident..."

I have stone chip damage scattered about the hood and headlamps and one in the fog lamps as well. As bad as this is I perceived even worse as the intention was severe.

I am arranging plans to move out of New York hopefully in near future. The cost paid to live comfortably is no longer presenting itself worth the price of admission. It's become a disgrace. And with the housing market taking a beating..the migration of poorer income riff raff entering the neighborhoods has become much more noticeably prevalent.

This is not a racial or derogatory remark. It is simple truth.

Stay alert. Be well.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:16 PM
BlackTTCab is infamous around these partsBlackTTCab is infamous around these parts
wow, living on long island my whole life, I've never heard of or witnessed anything like this.
There is also plenty of people with high end cars. Last week I saw 2 458s (not on the same day) on the LIE.
There is also plenty of jealous trash on Long Island.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:39 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Ugh. Hang 'em by the stones.

I was the unfortunate victim of not one, but 2 acts of car vandalism on my M5 when I live in Westchester. And in my own condo parking garage! No decency, no respect. The world is going to shat.
Get the TT fixed up ASAP. It's not consolation now, but everytime you look at the damage, your anger will multiply 100 fold. GL

Old 07-28-2010, 01:51 PM
ItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant future
Sorry to hear that man! Makes me want to hookup that mounted video camera setup like that guy on these forums with the TTS.

LI drivers are nutty though. I've seen some ridiculous, dangerous, and very rude things happen on the LIE.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:25 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
That sucks
Exactly why I moved my wife off of long island
It can be a truly classless ordeal out there at times

But I suppose all places have there positives and negatives

Old 07-28-2010, 03:10 PM
dma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond repute
Whoa, sorry to hear that. Was it a pedestrian that did it, or did someone dump it out their window while you were behind them?

Old 07-28-2010, 03:16 PM
turbonator is infamous around these parts
What kind of car/people were they? Did you get the plate #? I probably would have flipped out in your situation. But as we've seen in another thread, things aren't all blue skies in Wyoming either.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:39 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear about the incident. I can understand how you feel. If you have the resources and flexibility, it sounds like it's time to move on. At least to somewhere that has decent roads.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:52 PM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
Unfortunately sh*t like this happens all over....not isolated to one region nor is it isolated to one type of vehicle.

These miserable bastards want you to be as miserable as they are.

Don't be.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:10 PM
camdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant future
Happens way to often on Long Island. Moved awa y 4 years ago and would not go back for ANYTHING. It is like living in Mayberry when you get out of the Tri-state area.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:15 PM
wyk1982 is infamous around these parts
my old M cars used to get vandalized all the time in Brooklyn. i woke up one friday morning to find my brand new E46 M3 conv on TWO milk cartons... like a see-saw. once i moved to NYC though the R8 and now TTS are ONLY garaged!!

Old 07-28-2010, 09:53 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Not a native new yorker, and would split in a heartbeat if i wasn't so tied down here, but this kind of stuff happens everywhere guys.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:55 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Egads man!! what bought that on? I'd be spewing big time. I sure hope that behaviour never finds its way over here.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:26 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
I don't think it's any worse here - it happens everywhere. There are lots of nice cars here as well as some of the wealthiest areas in the country, very close to some of the, well... not so much.

So far, i've bee lucky. It seems as though EVERY time I take the car out I get at least one honk/thumbs up, someone taking a pic, or someone making a complimentary comment.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:49 AM
0luke1 is infamous around these parts
You may have received bad advice from the cops. In NJ, you can write your own tickets - if you got the license plate and visually identified the driver, you could go to the cop shop and have them fill out the ticket for you. If you have cell pix, all the better. You have to go to court (just like the cop does when you contest a ticket), but you do have legal recourse (at least in NJ).

I've threatened this a couple of times and that was all I needed to get the LEOs to do their job. For example, I had a car totaled by a tractor-trailer who illegally changed lanes in the Lincoln tunnel (pinning me against the wall). The cop wasn't going to write a ticket (!) because "he didn't see it happen" and when I told him I was going to swear out a complaint for illegal lane change and reckless driving - and that I was going to involve him for not doing his job - the ticket book came out of his back pocket and he got busy. Sure helped with the insurance claim.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Long Island New Yorkers..Beware of Drivers