997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997TT SPI750 Tip vs Bike race in Mexico

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 10:20 AM
oldgixxer is infamous around these parts
Divexx,your car sounds like a monster..Id love to run you w one of my bikes if you ever came up to NY,it'd be a good time. That being said there's waaay too many variables for me to come close to making a factual reply as to why the car beat the bikes you ran etc. However,the Busa is over 100lbs heavier than your average 1k so it needs at least 25 more hp to be on an even scale. They are VERY fast when modded(I have one as well)

I have yet to be pulled by any street car from a roll on my 1k,and I've run countless hi hp cars over the years. You need at least 850whp to pull a properly geared 170rwhp 1k w a COMPETENT rider from a hi way roll. I can see a car like yours pulling a stock geared 1000 as they dont have enuff hp to pull redline in top gear;I think the outcome would be a *lil*different if the bike was set up properly but thats just my opinion

If your ever up in NY Id love to set up a few runs against you with any of my bikes for fun

*edit*-just watched the run vs the busa,that rider aint no lightweight he looks about 260lbs no wonder he lost lol

Last edited by oldgixxer; 07-30-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:24 AM
ItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Well, my GT2 at 700 rwhp is faster than my Z06 was at 722rwhp, if that tells you anything.

At only 750ish rwhp the first run, and then maybe 730 the second run (I had turn the boost down due to octane), this 186rwhp 'busa couldn't beat me from a roll. We were starting at around 40 or so, and I had a passenger. At that HP level, my car was probably a mid to high 5-second 60-130 car. The bike had previously ran a 9.1 @ 155.

My car that time (with GT30's) maxed out 830 rwhp on C16 at full boost (1.4 BAR), but this was only on mid-boost settings. Had I been at 830 rwhp, I would have pulled him very hard. 850 is overkill.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/prot...ull_128781.htm

As far as a modded M6 beating a liter bike, of course that's pure BS. I agree with you on that. That's a car trapping 'maybe' high 120's at best. No chance.

From my personal experience, in a RWD Porsche, 700rwhp will run with or beat most stock liter bikes from a roll.
You might be right my friend. Maybe the NY bikes are just faster or our cars are slower .

Your cars are certainly monsters in their own right. I wish you were closer to my area. I would have my friend with the bike run you just for fun and to make a nice youtube video (better cameras this time ) or if you know somebody in the NY area who has a fast car like yourself, I'm sure we can set something up!

Old 07-30-2010, 10:28 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Yep, rwd dyno mode and awd for delivery. Car would actually make more hp if dyno'd on a mustang awd because it would load the car better.

Case in point - Original P800 997tt, dyno'd on our dyno on race fuel made ~750 in rwd, picked up 100 more hp with only 3psi more boost when in awd on the mustang and turbos spooled quicker due to being able to load the car harder.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:32 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
You might be right my friend. Maybe the NY bikes are just faster or our cars are slower .

Your cars are certainly monsters in their own right. I wish you were closer to my area. I would have my friend with the bike run you just for fun and to make a nice youtube video (better cameras this time ) or if you know somebody in the NY area who has a fast car like yourself, I'm sure we can set something up!
Hey bro,

Honestly, I do think that the cars that are racing these bikes in your area are fast cars, but without at least 700 rwhp or awhp, they are at a big disadvantage. The SPI TIP is a beast from a dig, but as Neil said, the TIP robs power and it hurts it at speed. Plus, with only 570-600 HP getting to the ground, it's just not enough against a 750cc or liter bike, regardless of tuner. Run SPI's Sledgehammer (914 rwhp) against a bike and it will be a slaughter.

As far as the M6 goes, here's a stocker against my old car.
http://www.streetfire.net/video/prot...-m6_167912.htm

Old 07-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oldgixxer
Divexx,your car sounds like a monster..Id love to run you w one of my bikes if you ever came up to NY,it'd be a good time. That being said there's waaay too many variables for me to come close to making a factual reply as to why the car beat the bikes you ran etc. However,the Busa is over 100lbs heavier than your average 1k so it needs at least 25 more hp to be on an even scale. They are VERY fast when modded(I have one as well)
Makes sense, man. I'm not denying how fast bikes are. They just never seem to beat me.

I have yet to be pulled by any street car from a roll on my 1k,and I've run countless hi hp cars over the years/
The 'busa rider told me the same thing after the race.

You need at least 850whp to pull a properly geared 170rwhp 1k w a COMPETENT rider from a hi way roll. I can see a car like yours pulling a stock geared 1000 as they dont have enuff hp to pull redline in top gear;I think the outcome would be a *lil*different if the bike was set up properly but thats just my opinion
Different gearing makes that much of a difference? Okay, I'm open to that possibilty.

If that's the case, I'll just turn the boost up to 800rwhp and run race gas. I make 700 on 93.

*edit*-just watched the run vs the busa,that rider aint no lightweight he looks about 260lbs no wonder he lost lol
Ya, he was certainly a big boy. But with 186rwhp and running 9.1 @ 155 with his big butt on the bike still makes for a fast bike. As with every other bike I've run against, this rider was also 100% sure he'd beat me before the race as well. Same thing I hear everytime.

Regardless, it's all in fun. I like fast bikes, fast cars, and the enthusiasts who own them (well, most of them anyway).

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-30-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:11 AM
ItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant future
Hey bro,

Honestly, I do think that the cars that are racing these bikes in your area are fast cars, but without at least 700 rwhp or awhp, they are at a big disadvantage. The SPI TIP is a beast from a dig, but as Neil said, the TIP robs power and it hurts it at speed. Plus, with only 570-600 HP getting to the ground, it's just not enough against a 750cc or liter bike, regardless of tuner. Run SPI's Sledgehammer (914 rwhp) against a bike and it will be a slaughter.

As far as the M6 goes, here's a stocker against my old car.
http://www.streetfire.net/video/prot...-m6_167912.htm
You whooped that M6 bro. I pulled my buddy's fully modded M6 with ease in my intake/headers Z06 and was actually shocked at how slow it is.

Yes, the Sledgehammer will absolutely defeat most n/a bikes. But that's not to say that Bike's can't play with forced induction either.

Anyway, the point I was getting across is this: Bikes are extremely fast vehicles and to beat one, you need something serious. If you beat an R1 with your stock GT-R, it means you killed the rider, not the bike. A properly driven bike is a missile that will take some heavy duty firepower to be defeated. The 2 examples I showed were my 3250lbs Vette with 650rwhp RWD manual tranny and the SPI750 that launched like a slingshot which is NO joke from the dig but was still caught by the bike in no time.

In the meantime, we'll try and find some high hp cars to run up against this bike. I'll make sure to post the results. Also, I didn't mention the same night the 997TT SPI beat a Supra with large single turbo (nobody knows the specs but it is pretty fast) and a 996TT manual with exhaust and flash. Murdered the 996 of course and walked the Supra as well. I'm going to try and line my GT-R up with the 996 from a dig and on the highway and share some footage too. I might as well go against the SPI 997TT as well so I can show the difference in speed between a 580ish hp GT-R vs a 750ish hp 997TT Tip. Maybe this upcoming week

Old 07-30-2010, 11:23 AM
[quote=Divexxtreme;2926719]

quote]

LOL!
Granted were still talking/bench racing stock bikes w bolt-ons;no mention has been made of internally modded or F/I liter bikes or Busas(pistons,cams,headwork,spray,turbo,etc) as I'm sure we are all in agreement as to the outcome of such a race.....

I plan on doing a small turbo on one of my streetbikes,before the end of the riding season....turbo bike vs turbo car,is that a fair race?

Old 07-30-2010, 11:36 AM
[quote=oldgixxer;2926766]

quote]

LOL!
Granted were still talking/bench racing stock bikes w bolt-ons;no mention has been made of internally modded or F/I liter bikes or Busas(pistons,cams,headwork,spray,turbo,etc) as I'm sure we are all in agreement as to the outcome of such a race.....

I plan on doing a small turbo on one of my streetbikes,before the end of the riding season....turbo bike vs turbo car,is that a fair race?
Hopefully the Underground TT Gallardos start showing up on the streets soon lol.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:03 PM
turbo bike vs turbo car,is that a fair race?
It's fair if you add 2 more wheels and another 2500 lbs to the bike.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
I'm going to try and line my GT-R up with the 996 from a dig and on the highway and share some footage too. I might as well go against the SPI 997TT as well so I can show the difference in speed between a 580ish hp GT-R vs a 750ish hp 997TT Tip. Maybe this upcoming week
Sounds fun. Looking forward to the vids!

Old 07-30-2010, 04:11 PM
It's fair if you add 2 more wheels and another 2500 lbs to the bike.
lol