997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

1st High-Powered (Ethanol) E85 Porsche 997 Turbo by Prototech & Protomotive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
I thought you built your motor Keith? When you had the cam issue? or did you just fix the cams? E85 is awesome!

Old 08-03-2010, 08:26 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Beast! Sounds like a monster on that sweet E85. I also cannot wait to see the 60-130 times. Congrats Prototech & Protomotive!

Old 08-03-2010, 11:02 PM
keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !
Blue Max 2150cc.

I have so many logs all over my computer - I couldnt locate any files with reference to injector ms at 1.5 bar with the 2150s. I did find one at 1.4 bar though. The injector duty cycle (IDC) was ranging between 45-50% across 6000-7000 rpm.

These injectors have enough in them to easily support 1200 whp+.

Keith

Originally Posted by needforspeed502
Dang man looks amazing! I followed you over from your post in the 996 section. Do you know what your IDC's are at with 1.5 bar? I'm curious how much whp those 2150's can support running E85. They do idle great, which brand are they? Injector Dynamics? Thanks!

Old 08-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by keithta
Blue Max 2150cc.

I have so many logs all over my computer - I couldnt locate any files with reference to injector ms at 1.5 bar with the 2150s. I did find one at 1.4 bar though. The injector duty cycle (IDC) was ranging between 45-50% across 6000-7000 rpm.

These injectors have enough in them to easily support 1200 whp+.

Keith
Actually they support 1500+ in 6cyl apps.. 1 of the best i have ever used..

Mike

Old 08-03-2010, 11:09 PM
keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !
Hows it going Ben?! Man - I am rarely down in your part of the woods...if you ever make your way out to Fort Lauderdale anytime over the weekend well take it for spin.

Originally Posted by WheelB
Keith ..wow. .when you coming down take me for a ride

Old 08-03-2010, 11:17 PM
Averaging 13 mpg in the city per tank combined with some periodic full throttle runs here and there. If I take it easy and just drive it works out to 15 mpg. Steady highway driving will get up even higher.

Definetely still worth it by far compared to race gas.

Originally Posted by dma550
this is awesome. Not enough E85 out here on the east coast in my area. One thing, I think your consumption figures will slide a bit as you'll probably get considerably less MPG with E85 than the race gas, no? IE you'll use more than 87.5 gallons per month of E85. this link here shows a 26% reduction in MPG. Still worth it though, IMO.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Already took care of that.

Right after I switched over from 93 octane to E85, I ran the stock fuel filter at first using the factory fuel pumps and 80 lb injectors.

It wasnt until a month later that Prototech pulled that filter out and replaced it with a brand new large fuel filter that was a better fit with the larger fuel lines.

Heres a pic of the filter:

Originally Posted by eclou
there are alot of advantages to E85. You should change your fuel filter soon as E85 will loosen up all the old deposits and they can clog your filter

Old 08-03-2010, 11:40 PM
With no changes in performance mods, has anyone out there compared their 60-130s in summer temperatures and in winter temperatures to see the difference?

For those of you that have, what were the temperatures (that you recall) and what were the time differences?

Old 08-04-2010, 12:13 AM
SFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of light
Gorgeous both on the outside and the inside. What a deadly combo! Well done!

Old 08-04-2010, 03:02 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Actually they support 1500+ in 6cyl apps.. 1 of the best i have ever used..

Mike
Mike,

Our set up is utilizing E85, Aqua Mist (water/meth) and dual injectors accounting for a total of 2650 cc's. Due to the elimination of the vario cam we phased in the second injector (on each cylinder) so as to obtain a smooth idle and low end.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:52 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by keithta
With no changes in performance mods, has anyone out there compared their 60-130s in summer temperatures and in winter temperatures to see the difference?

For those of you that have, what were the temperatures (that you recall) and what were the time differences?
My car is a tricycle compared to yours but i have some 100-200km/h times, summer/winter with same modds.

On winter 20 degrees Celsius i did 100-200km/h 5,6sec best.

Now the weather is like 34 degrees Celsius, humidity is 90% i do 100-200km/h 6,5sec best.

Those runs were performed at night. I believe that if i try my car now at day dim were the temp is around 43 degrees Celsius it would be another 0.5 sec slower .

I hope this helps

Old 08-04-2010, 07:44 AM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
absolutely awesome build, looking forward to more data and videos...

Old 08-04-2010, 08:25 AM
Fastfrank is infamous around these parts
Awesome info!
After running E85 in my last 2 cars I love it vs. race or pump
The problem with running e85 here in Michigan is that it is only E85 during 1 month of the year (July). In the winter it is E70 & changes in spring to 75,80,85 then back again in the fall.
Here is a chart for all of the states: http://www.e85mustangs.com/regions123.html

So 2 options?:
1. Tune with e70 & run it that way all of the time so tune has a built in "safe" level (only problem is your leaving extra power on the table when it switches to anything above e70)
2. Have an ethanol content sensor wired into a standalone ECU that switches maps based on ethanol content (anybody dealt with this or something similar? ideas?)

Thanks!
Frank

Old 08-04-2010, 08:27 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Can E85 conversion run with HSF-6 system?

Old 08-04-2010, 08:56 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
Can E85 conversion run with HSF-6 system?
Yes http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/...ead.php?t=1766

This would be another way to compensate for varying ethanol ratings.

Last edited by cjv; 08-04-2010 at 09:05 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1st High-Powered (Ethanol) E85 Porsche 997 Turbo by Prototech & Protomotive