997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Switzer P800 vs GT42 Supra on E85

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 08:04 AM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Switzer P800 vs GT42 Supra on E85

First run seemed like 42R was late to get into boost, but on the second run I made sure he got the jump. Then, Dk's GT2 R911s vs the same Supra running 29 pounds on a GT42. Finally some various Busa runs, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF13z...layer_embedded

Old 08-03-2010, 08:09 AM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
man your turbo is fast...imagine what it could do on some race gas...thanks for sharing

Last edited by slavik; 08-03-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:14 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Brilliant! How's it compared to the hammer?

Old 08-03-2010, 08:20 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Congrats Les! The performance on 93 octane pump gas is incredible!

Pretty crazy to hang with a 750+whp supra with your everyday pump gas tune...

Old 08-03-2010, 08:25 AM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by slavik
man your turbo is fast...imagine what it could on some race gas...thanks for sharing
Thanks you! Great point, and thats the beauty of this steup on pump 93 octane she is a P800 (technically a R911 on pump) with the flip of a button and race gas in the tank she is a R911...very simliar to DK's GT2 set up in that video. So best of both worlds, in one car. I am really impressed with how good she runs on pump however and love this set up!

Originally Posted by k_ddsl
Brilliant! How's it compared to the hammer?
I would say Sledgehammer was a exactly that...a Sledgehammer! That was making more power than DK's Switzer R911S on race in those videos! So much more aggressive. Im glad he bought back the car and now its getting some more mods...that thing is going to be nuts when she Tym is done with her, having gone 4.25 60-130 already.

All in all, this is the perfect set up for me, with VERY stock like drivability and when I hit it, amazing response...and when needed the kill mode R911 is ready and waiting...just enjoying this pump gas setting too much!

Old 08-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Les, did you shift into 6th gear on the second run against the supra? You had to have been getting close to 200mph....

Old 08-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
Congrats Les! The performance on 93 octane pump gas is incredible!

Pretty crazy to hang with a 750+whp supra with your everyday pump gas tune...
Yes, its the perfect street car! Its so nice, and my favorite car to date...tell Tym he did GOOOOOOOD on this one!

Les, did you shift into 6th gear on the second run against the supra? You had to have been getting close to 200mph....
Yes just into 6th as 180 is top of 5th as I was not sure if the Supra wanted to keep going, so I made the rare (at least on a street run) shift into 6th. I see a 190 plus mph run in my future on the pump setting! LOL

Last edited by evoviiiyou; 08-03-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:04 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
damn!

Old 08-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Very nice runs. Your car is awesome.

Hopefully we'll get the chance to run someday. I think we'd be very close pump gas to pump gas, and race gas to race gas.

Outstanding job again, SPI. Very impressive.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Former Vendor
Scott, any new numbers since you did the engine? 60-130?

Old 08-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Scott, any new numbers since you did the engine? 60-130?
Nope. Nothing yet. Still have 1 or 2 more changes to do on my 100 octane file (my tuner is in Mexico)..so I haven't turned the boost up past 1.55 BAR.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:02 AM
Former Vendor
Pfft, 100 octane? You need 130 octane! 2.5 bar boost!

Old 08-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Pfft, 100 octane? You need 130 octane! 2.5 bar boost!
Ha ha...

My setup is for 700rwhp on pump (93) at 1.5 BAR, and I'm still figuring out the boost levels on 100. 104 or 105 is the highest octane I'll run in the car at 1.8'ish BAR.

Congrats again. You guys are turning out some awesome, awesome products.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Former Vendor
Thanks Scott, maybe down the road we can get you rolling in some Switzer 997tt hardware.. Or even a GTR perhaps?

Old 08-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Or even a GTR perhaps?
Maybe. A GT-R is definitely on my short-list.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Switzer P800 vs GT42 Supra on E85