997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

USP Motorsports 997 Turbo – APR Software dyno testing!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 06:42 PM
spoiled996 is a jewel in the roughspoiled996 is a jewel in the roughspoiled996 is a jewel in the rough
How did a 480hp car Dyno at 461 to the wheels stock??? Something's off.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:23 PM
nevert00fast is infamous around these partsnevert00fast is infamous around these parts
High reading dyno + RWD conversion

Old 06-11-2013, 01:35 AM
Najis997 is just really niceNajis997 is just really niceNajis997 is just really niceNajis997 is just really nice
Those are by far great numbers chris, please if you are able to put the car on a AWD dyno just to make us understand a better picture not for me but for people who would be saying its on rear wheel drive, or high hp dyno! the outcome of the race shows amazing comparison!

And a question i have for since we have an APR dealer here, can APR do custom tunes? and how about your USP 3" exhaust, and a BMC drop in filter to it and see how the outcome comes out to be. if you're willing to go further lets see the best possible numbers on just bolt ons!

Cheers, and goodluck!

Originally Posted by Chris Green@USP
Well, after a long wait I’ve finally found the time to do some APR software testing on my 997 Turbo! I have really been trying to get this thing on the dyno for some real back to back comparison pulls, no un-strapping, same car, same night. I got a baseline stock number, flashed the APR 93 octane software, then drained the tank and added MS103 gas and switched into APR 100 octane software mode. The results showed some serious gains with the APR software everywhere in the whole power band, in some places over 150whp!! I’ve laid the graphs over each other below with each color labeled accordingly. Before looking at the charts, please be aware that the numbers will look slightly high because the car was converted to RWD for the dyno. This will create less drive train loss for more power to the ground. However, all of the variables stayed the same for the software comparisons, so this data is legit. My 997 is bone stock other than a USP Motorsports / Clutch Masters stage 2 clutch setup, stock flywheel.

Dynograph charts, and video below!!

Here is the horsepower numbers dyno chart. Stock made PEAK 461.97hp, APR 93 oct. mode made 520.34hp, and APR 100 oct. software made 568.93hp at the wheels. Notice the entire power band, not just peak horsepower. There is substantial gains all throughout the chart. Please click the image to enlarge.

<o></o>

Here are the torque numbers. Stock PEAK 417.62, APR 93 oct. 564.72, APR 100 oct. 603.11 rwhp. Again, notice the entire power band not just peak numbers. Please click the image to enlarge.

Here is a video of the dyno runs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqdnoFW6G-0

Here are some friendly runs with a Nissan GT-R with a software flash and mid-pipe:

From GT-R

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JH9-IDYnJw

From my 997

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOwFZ9dl34E

This software is available through USP Motorsports at special pricing. For customers not local to South Florida, we can offer you the special pricing by either sending you the flashing tool and we can walk you through the flashing process for no downtime. Or you can ship us your ECU and we can upload the software that way as well. Please click here to see special pricing. Email me at chris@uspmotorsports.com or call the shop at (888) 755-7772 if you have any questions.

Cheers!!

Attached Images    
Old 06-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nevert00fast
High reading dyno + RWD conversion
Its what a stock car makes from the factory on a two wheel drive dyno. We are not bragging on HP we are showing off the "gains" of the tune.

Originally Posted by Najis997
Those are by far great numbers chris, please if you are able to put the car on a AWD dyno just to make us understand a better picture not for me but for people who would be saying its on rear wheel drive, or high hp dyno! the outcome of the race shows amazing comparison!

And a question i have for since we have an APR dealer here, can APR do custom tunes? and how about your USP 3" exhaust, and a BMC drop in filter to it and see how the outcome comes out to be. if you're willing to go further lets see the best possible numbers on just bolt ons!

Cheers, and goodluck!
We do not have access to a AWD dyno at this time. So this is what we are available to show.

From our knowledge APR will not supply custom tunes. This thread is quite dated at this time and we are working on other projects.

Our USP GT2 is currently under the knife and should be something fun to see.

Thanks!

Old 06-13-2013, 02:33 PM
Victory07 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by spoiled996
How did a 480hp car Dyno at 461 to the wheels stock??? Something's off.
That is what I was wondering. That's only a 4% driveline loss.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:36 PM
We are not bragging on HP we are showing off the "gains" of the tune.
Understood, but if the baseline dyno run is shaky, why wouldn't we take the subsequent runs with a grain of salt as well?

Old 06-13-2013, 03:01 PM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Victory07
That is what I was wondering. That's only a 4% driveline loss.
RWD.... Have you never heard of cars being under rated when it comes to HP? Dodge Motor Co. is infamous for this.

Originally Posted by Victory07
Understood, but if the baseline dyno run is shaky, why wouldn't we take the subsequent runs with a grain of salt as well?
Who said it was "shaky"?

Old 06-13-2013, 03:40 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
From an engineering point of view when dyno runs are set side by side we care to see δ meaning delta or difference between runs with stock Vs tuned software.
So it doesnt matter if stock car has 460 or 450 or 470 or 430 whp but the have to focus to difference from STOCK to TUNED.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:11 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by skandalis447
From an engineering point of view when dyno runs are set side by side we care to see δ meaning delta or difference between runs with stock Vs tuned software.
So it doesnt matter if stock car has 460 or 450 or 470 or 430 whp but the have to focus to difference from STOCK to TUNED.
Bingo it's all about the base vs what's tested.

A stock 996 in rwd makes 360 whp on my Dyno that's right about 15% loss so it's safe to say the 997 is under rated from the factory.

Don't forget no way to alter the numbers on a Dynojet unlike some common awd dynos

Last edited by Chris Green@USP; 06-13-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:32 PM
RWD.... Have you never heard of cars being under rated when it comes to HP? Dodge Motor Co. is infamous for this.
I have- but never have read that the 997T falls into this category.

If you have some reading material on the topic of the 997T being underrated from the factory I would love to peruse it.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:52 PM
Former Vendor
You are reading it as we speak. We have Dyno tested many stock 997's and they have all made with in 5-10 hp of each other in stock form.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:47 AM
You are reading it as we speak. We have Dyno tested many stock 997's and they have all made with in 5-10 hp of each other in stock form.
That doesn't mean the car is underrated, my friend.

It may mean your dyno needs different correction factors or a fresh calibration.

That said - i'm not overlooking the point of your post. The gains from the stock car on your program are impressive indeed and deserve congratulations.

Cheers.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Former Vendor
So if a stock 996 turbo makes 360 wheel hp on my dyno and its rated at 415 hp yet a 997 turbo makes 460 wheel yet it's rated at 480 does that not state the obvious that its under rated ??

Old 06-18-2013, 10:33 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Chris,
what gear were the pulls made?
also does the car have sport crono? if so was it dynoed stock with it on or off..;
thanks
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 06-18-2013, 10:37 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
Chris,
what gear were the pulls made?
also does the car have sport crono? if so was it dynoed stock with it on or off..;
thanks
markski
all 4th gear pulls,

yes it does have sport crono but it does not work on the 997 when the drive shaft is pulled.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: USP Motorsports 997 Turbo – APR Software dyno testing!!