997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

USP Motorsports 997 Turbo – APR Software dyno testing!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
USP Motorsports 997 Turbo – APR Software dyno testing!!

Well, after a long wait I’ve finally found the time to do some APR software testing on my 997 Turbo! I have really been trying to get this thing on the dyno for some real back to back comparison pulls, no un-strapping, same car, same night. I got a baseline stock number, flashed the APR 93 octane software, then drained the tank and added MS103 gas and switched into APR 100 octane software mode. The results showed some serious gains with the APR software everywhere in the whole power band, in some places over 150whp!! I’ve laid the graphs over each other below with each color labeled accordingly. Before looking at the charts, please be aware that the numbers will look slightly high because the car was converted to RWD for the dyno. This will create less drive train loss for more power to the ground. However, all of the variables stayed the same for the software comparisons, so this data is legit. My 997 is bone stock other than a USP Motorsports / Clutch Masters stage 2 clutch setup, stock flywheel.

Dynograph charts, and video below!!

Here is the horsepower numbers dyno chart. Stock made PEAK 461.97hp, APR 93 oct. mode made 520.34hp, and APR 100 oct. software made 568.93hp at the wheels. Notice the entire power band, not just peak horsepower. There is substantial gains all throughout the chart. Please click the image to enlarge.

<o></o>

Here are the torque numbers. Stock PEAK 417.62, APR 93 oct. 564.72, APR 100 oct. 603.11 rwhp. Again, notice the entire power band not just peak numbers. Please click the image to enlarge.

Here is a video of the dyno runs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqdnoFW6G-0

Here are some friendly runs with a Nissan GT-R with a software flash and mid-pipe:

From GT-R

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JH9-IDYnJw

From my 997

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOwFZ9dl34E

This software is available through USP Motorsports at special pricing. For customers not local to South Florida, we can offer you the special pricing by either sending you the flashing tool and we can walk you through the flashing process for no downtime. Or you can ship us your ECU and we can upload the software that way as well. Please click here to see special pricing. Email me at chris@uspmotorsports.com or call the shop at (888) 755-7772 if you have any questions.

Cheers!!

Last edited by Chris Green@USP; 08-07-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Damn, I jsut posted my impressions on this tune a few minutes ago.

How much power is gained going to RWD IYO

Thanks

Old 08-05-2010, 11:00 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Three months ago when all APR flash debates started,no one believed me when I was saying that the car is extremely fast for just a flash...Now its the time to finally everybody see why my car did 6,48 for 60-130...I wonder when weather cools a little and run race fuel how better my times would be...

Old 08-05-2010, 12:13 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Subscribed.......curious to see what everyone has to say about this, those runs and numbers are impressive

Old 08-05-2010, 02:44 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by skandalis447
Three months ago when all APR flash debates started,no one believed me when I was saying that the car is extremely fast for just a flash...Now its the time to finally everybody see why my car did 6,48 for 60-130...I wonder when weather cools a little and run race fuel how better my times would be...
People will be getting on the band wagon soon enough

Nice work on the post Chris. Well done!

Old 08-05-2010, 03:05 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice, now your making me want to trade up to a 997TT

Old 08-05-2010, 03:17 PM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
Good stuff Chris, guess I gotta come to my senses and flash my car.

Ken

Old 08-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
Very nice, now your making me want to trade up to a 997TT

David, trade???? come on.......keep both

Ken, see you Sat we will flash it then

Old 08-05-2010, 11:03 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
How much boost are you running?

Old 08-06-2010, 06:48 AM
hrs1 is infamous around these parts
thought you were keeping this one stock

Old 08-06-2010, 08:06 AM
thankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of light
That's insane..... I cannot believe there is that much power out of a tune.

INCREDIBLE. Great post Chris.

OK - On Auto Trader now looking for a 997.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:38 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Chris, tag your it!

Old 08-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by TTdude
How much boost are you running?
of course the dash shows only 15psi but the logs showed peak of about 17psi I think i will post a log.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:36 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Chris the 997 moves out !!! Doesnt EPL offer a 997 tt flash ?

Old 08-06-2010, 04:51 PM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
That car moves !!
I am impressed .. 60~ rwhp and torque gain is mind boggling from a tune only .. Seriously I am!

Last edited by SpunkyQ8; 08-06-2010 at 04:56 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: USP Motorsports 997 Turbo – APR Software dyno testing!!