997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Ice Blue Delay to 2012. Now what????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
Are you sure you did not order a 998???
No but they will be almost out before I get my Turbo S

It appears that I or we will be doing PTS Azzurro California Blue

I was considering Mexico or Blue Turq but the head color selection person here has told me I was a color blind fool. She thinks I am crazy but I like those colors.

Maybe next time still hope to get a 356 one day. That might look pretty good

Old 08-10-2010, 01:11 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
[quote=Gj325;2936040]Seems Ice Blue has been delayed until 2012. I ordered my Turbo S in Feb wow another setback.

quote]

Is there something I am missing. Why dont they just PTS Ice Blue? Seems they only want more money for it... You are paying big bucks for your car, it has to be exactly the kind you want.

Funny thing is here in Finland you pay more for a used 2007 TT, than you pay for a new TURBO S, so I couldnt pick my color, but you stick with the color you want!'

Good luck!

Old 08-10-2010, 04:44 AM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Gj325
Not official as of now. Emailed dealer but I did google and pulled up a forum teamspead. Someone on there claims he is a sales manager for Porsche dealer says PCNA emailed all dealers stating no IBM until 2012.

Not a fan of black but two tone caught my eye.
GJ, he is for real. I bought my car(997) from him. My vote is for mexico blue, but that ACB is awesome!

Old 08-10-2010, 05:02 AM
gerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the rough
Got Email from dealer it is true
looks like PTS extra 6week delay

Maybe before I turn 50 in March wow 15 months to get a Porsche

Could the issues associated with IBM be a geographical issue? The reason that I say this is because IBM is available on the Australian configurator but not on the USA version.

Comments anyone?

Old 08-10-2010, 09:39 AM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by gerbs
Could the issues associated with IBM be a geographical issue? The reason that I say this is because IBM is available on the Australian configurator but not on the USA version.

Comments anyone?

I would think not maybe emails are slower to your country
or it could be since you have to pay so much for the car they will paint the color for the Aussies

I hope you can get the color I have been waiting a long time. But now I will be waiting even longer for Azzurro California Blue PTS 6week extend delay plus the order has to be reentered so start date starts today

On a good note look at the time I get to save more money to pay for PTS and for my 2009 Targa to fall in price even more.

The saga goes on one day I too will have a Turbo S

Old 08-10-2010, 02:40 PM
wyo997 is infamous around these partswyo997 is infamous around these parts
Maybe Americans should all buy their cars in Canada! Look at this press demo car with a Canadian plate!)
http://www.metronews.ca/ottawa/life/...-s-road-rocket

An oil company executive based in Paris told me in Laramie Saturday night that Porsche's IBM 911's are being held back from the American market to make them more "exclusive" to Russian and Middle East buyers (where all manufacturers covet the next decade of relatively unlimited wealth). Get used to this. According to a Ferrari dealer I know, Maranello cut three of his F430 deliveries in 2009 so those builds could go to Asian and Middle Eastern clients. In my novel http://www.edgeofheavenbook.com I describe post-recessionary America as comparable to post war (WW2) Britain: As markets, technology and capital move to other nations. I was bummed, not being able to get IBM (and the blue/black) interior on my first newly-purchased car (ever) But I'm happy with Arctic Silver (which is no longer available as of August 1) https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ed-driven.html

Last edited by wyo997; 08-10-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Placed the order today with PTS Azzuro California Blue as 1rst choice and Adria Blue as 2nd choice

So Ice Blue is the rear view mirror no going back now. As well the extra 5500 bucks there gone too

On a happy note there was a new Turbo S just came in ordered for another lucky customer. Black on Black. Dealer asked me if I wanted to take a ride. Yes ride no drive. I wouldn't have want to drive someones new 170k car.

But what a ride the S is all expected sound was good Even though owner had taken a European delve and had 1100 miles he didn't really get in it too much but it would fly.

So there goes another 1800 for installed radar detector But it will save on tickets.

So hopefully all delays are behind me said I could take delve before Xmas so may get Pts before I would have got IBM.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:34 PM
gerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the rough
Placed the order today with PTS Azzuro California Blue as 1rst choice and Adria Blue as 2nd choice

So Ice Blue is the rear view mirror no going back now. As well the extra 5500 bucks there gone too

On a happy note there was a new Turbo S just came in ordered for another lucky customer. Black on Black. Dealer asked me if I wanted to take a ride. Yes ride no drive. I wouldn't have want to drive someones new 170k car.

But what a ride the S is all expected sound was good Even though owner had taken a European delve and had 1100 miles he didn't really get in it too much but it would fly.

So there goes another 1800 for installed radar detector But it will save on tickets.

So hopefully all delays are behind me said I could take delve before Xmas so may get Pts before I would have got IBM.
Good luck. At least you will take delivery of your S before mine arrives.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:01 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
Are you sure you did not order a 998???
Its actually a 991 but you are spot on re the 2012 delivery. Mid 2011 there will be official press on the 991 and deliveries Aug/Sept onward so 997 is over. Im not so sure paying full price for any 997 car is financially a wise move this late in the cycle regardless of the turbo being so called still "current". Why wait another day waiting when there are other good colours . You need to be in one now!!

Old 08-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by speed21
Its actually a 991 but you are spot on re the 2012 delivery. Mid 2011 there will be official press on the 991 and deliveries Aug/Sept onward so 997 is over. Im not so sure paying full price for any 997 car is financially a wise move this late in the cycle regardless of the turbo being so called still "current". Why wait another day waiting when there are other good colours . You need to be in one now!!
Would love to be in one now but I wanted a unique car. Thought Ice Blue would fit the ticket but thats wasnt the case. So to be honest starting to come on board with the PTS and having the only Turbo S in that color or one of a few. I really like the current model. This will be my last 911 or at least thats what I tell the wife. I have spared nothing it is built exactly like I wanted with options that were available.

From what I have seen so far I know nothing is offical but I dont see anything with the 991 that makes me want to wait a couple more years.

Dealer say I could get lucky and get the car in late Dec or Jan. so 5 more months not too bad already been waiting 8 months

Old 08-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Good luck. At least you will take delivery of your S before mine arrives.
are you still being told you can get Ice Blue???

Old 08-11-2010, 09:43 PM
are you still being told you can get Ice Blue???
Just spoken to the dealer who still says that IBM will be available for my S with a mid November build date.

If things do change I think the dealer will be too scared to call me and tell me

Old 08-12-2010, 07:25 AM
Just spoken to the dealer who still says that IBM will be available for my S with a mid November build date.

If things do change I think the dealer will be too scared to call me and tell me
I hope that it is true for you.. I know you waited a good bit Boy do I know. Hard to see all of these cars getting delve. And not have a build date set in stone..

Let me know if anything changes

Good luck

Old 08-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Tacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these parts

I'm crossing my fingers for you on that one. Hope your dealer isn't blowing smoke up your butt on that one!

I saw an IBM in Carmel yesterday and talked to one of Porsche's head Tequipment/Quality/Design people yesterday about this subject. He told me that Porsche did not like how the paint has stood up to the elements and normal wear and tare. He told me that even when a customer does PTS they have to match the color first then they put it through testing and other unmentionables to see how the paint will look on the car after a period of time. Pretty much Porsche doesn't want to put paint on a car that won't stand the test of time; figuratively and literally.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
I'm crossing my fingers for you on that one. Hope your dealer isn't blowing smoke up your butt on that one!

I saw an IBM in Carmel yesterday and talked to one of Porsche's head Tequipment/Quality/Design people yesterday about this subject. He told me that Porsche did not like how the paint has stood up to the elements and normal wear and tare. He told me that even when a customer does PTS they have to match the color first then they put it through testing and other unmentionables to see how the paint will look on the car after a period of time. Pretty much Porsche doesn't want to put paint on a car that won't stand the test of time; figuratively and literally.
Was the IBM on a 911?

From what you were told I can understand the justification for the IBM delays as the last thing any car manufacturer needs is to have his cars coming back for repainting. Maybe Porsche pressed the IBM go button too soon.

As for my IBM TT S I will wait a little longer and see what happens.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ice Blue Delay to 2012. Now what????