997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Ice Blue Delay to 2012. Now what????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Ice Blue Delay to 2012. Now what????

Seems Ice Blue has been delayed until 2012. I ordered my Turbo S in Feb wow another setback.

I really want the Black/Blue Int. So looks like PTS is my only choice now. Anyone have any pictures of any color Blue that they think would work well with the Int.

My thoughts are Mexico,Riveria,Cobalt or Turquiose Blue.

Anyone want to help out. I also wonder how long the wait would be for PTS from this point on until I could expect delve of my car.

I turn 50 in March guess it could be a great Bday present but what a wait.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:26 PM
mhh
mhh is infamous around these partsmhh is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Gj325
Seems Ice Blue has been delayed until 2012. .
What's your source? Is that official?

Re PTS - I think all those colors are risky with the two tone trim. All would look better with black interior, IMO. Personally, I don't think the two tone trim is so great that you should let it dictate your exterior colour.

Last edited by mhh; 08-08-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:32 PM
96redLT4 is infamous around these parts96redLT4 is infamous around these parts
Seems Ice Blue has been delayed until 2012. I ordered my Turbo S in Feb wow another setback.

I really want the Black/Blue Int. So looks like PTS is my only choice now. Anyone have any pictures of any color Blue that they think would work well with the Int.

My thoughts are Mexico,Riveria,Cobalt or Turquiose Blue.

Anyone want to help out. I also wonder how long the wait would be for PTS from this point on until I could expect delve of my car.

I turn 50 in March guess it could be a great Bday present but what a wait.
Wow. That is unbelievable when it was supposed to be one of the launch colors for this car. You certainly should be able to get exactly what you want for this kind of $. What color is 'PTS'?
Jim

Old 08-08-2010, 04:07 PM
mhh
mhh is infamous around these partsmhh is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 96redLT4
What color is 'PTS'?
Jim
PTS = Paint to sample where the factory will paint your car in any color you choose. For a price of course.

Old 08-08-2010, 04:15 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Paint to sample this...like this

Attached Images  
Old 08-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by bbywu
Paint to sample this...like this
What color is that....?

Looks awesome

Old 08-08-2010, 07:10 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Not entirely sure. Not Mexico or Turquiose...a little darker.

You can try and email Ruf and ask. I'm sure they will have the PTS code.

- bob

Old 08-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by mhh
What's your source? Is that official?

Re PTS - I think all those colors are risky with the two tone trim. All would look better with black interior, IMO. Personally, I don't think the two tone trim is so great that you should let it dictate your exterior colour.

Not official as of now. Emailed dealer but I did google and pulled up a forum teamspead. Someone on there claims he is a sales manager for Porsche dealer says PCNA emailed all dealers stating no IBM until 2012.

Not a fan of black but two tone caught my eye.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:59 PM
gerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the rough
Not official as of now. Emailed dealer but I did google and pulled up a forum teamspead. Someone on there claims he is a sales manager for Porsche dealer says PCNA emailed all dealers stating no IBM until 2012.

Not a fan of black but two tone caught my eye.
If you decide to go the PTS route Fountain Blue is a very similar colour to IBM. Do a google search or check the Porsche related forums e.g. TeamSpeed

BTW I pressed the panic button with my local dealer when I heard of another potential IBM delay but was susequently reassured that my IBM S is still scheduled for a week 46 build date.

Mind you I heard of the first IBM delay on a forum a week or so before the dealer knew so fingers crossed.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:12 PM
96redLT4 is infamous around these parts96redLT4 is infamous around these parts
I was thinking about ordering a tt-S in the blue metallic off the regular 'no extra charge' color , but it looks pretty dark.
Jim

Old 08-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Liquidemotions is infamous around these partsLiquidemotions is infamous around these parts
Yes that is wack cant believe that .

Old 08-09-2010, 06:33 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
I don't get it. If a customer can order a PTS color, then what is the big deal with painting it Ice Blue?

Old 08-09-2010, 06:43 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Are you sure you did not order a 998???

Old 08-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by gerbs
If you decide to go the PTS route Fountain Blue is a very similar colour to IBM. Do a google search or check the Porsche related forums e.g. TeamSpeed

BTW I pressed the panic button with my local dealer when I heard of another potential IBM delay but was susequently reassured that my IBM S is still scheduled for a week 46 build date.

Mind you I heard of the first IBM delay on a forum a week or so before the dealer knew so fingers crossed.
Got Email from dealer it is true
looks like PTS extra 6week delay

Maybe before I turn 50 in March wow 15 months to get a Porsche

Old 08-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Posted on your other thread....but we just produced Ice Blue Metallic and I can steer you toward other manufacturer colors that will be so close you'd never know.

eric@bumperplugs.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ice Blue Delay to 2012. Now what????