997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Sell the M3, get 997tt and a DD, or...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 06:54 PM
dlrbnkr is infamous around these parts
I had an e46 M3 conv't for 5 years silver/black. Only mods were springs, filter, Bavarian Sound works amp & speakers, and later a hard top. I bought it with 26k miles and sold with 31k miles last August. Obviously it wasn't a daily driver (I have a company car for that) so I only drove it when it was nice outside (which is frequently since I'm in SoCA). I sold it since I wasn't driving it much and I accidently dented the hard top and my kids scratched the side of it with one of their razors. I also used the money for some rental property improvements. It was a great looking car especially with the 19's and the slightly lowered stance.

Last December, I bought an '08 997.1 with a few mods already installed by the original owner. Since then, I drive it no matter the weather since it's not a convertable and have put more miles on it in the first 4 months then I did in a year of the M3. While the stereo is good, there is no comparison to the seat of the pants feel between 500 ft pds of torque and 270. When you roll past 3500 on the tach and can hear the twin turbos kicking in, there's no need for a stereo. Get the tt!

Old 04-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CJPatel
Hey boys, yeah this is an old thread. If anyone had any specific questions pm me. I decided to go with a super low mile Aston Martin and mod it up a bit. Sitting at about 450 to the crank, no were near you guys stock, but quick enough.

FYI I wrecked the M3 two weeks ago and that's probably gonna be replaced with a 335i coupe!
Why not E92?