997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Are there any tiptronics running with GT3071/76?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 05:25 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
I'm getting ready to do my upgrade...The gt30 turbos require a lot of work compared to the upgraded vtg...You will have to have your headers reflanged and run external waste gates...You will also need to modify your exhaust to fit the standard gt30 turbos....Also you will need a kit to modify your oil/coolant lines that feed the turbos...Then you will need Ic and a custom intake setup/ypipe....Last but not least you will need a boost controller as well...This upgrade is not cheap to say the least...

Old 09-22-2010, 05:42 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Yes Yousef runs our VR825 kit with GT3076 turbos on his 997.1TT tip - https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...7tt-story.html

Old 09-22-2010, 06:14 PM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by besiktas
I had a setup with GT2 VTG's before upgrading the GT series turbos. What you want to learn?
besiktas

From reading your threads you have had all variations of turbos on your car

Modded VTG Turbos
Modded GT2 VTG Turbos
GT3071
GT3076

Can you enlightens us to pros and cons of each of the turbo upgrades and what made you go to the next step.

Old 09-22-2010, 06:21 PM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Arone997tt
That would be me guys install scheduled for thursday 29th will post all results/impressions...thanks justin can't wait.
Good luck John, keeps us posted.

My car is close to 580-600WHP, waiting on a revised tune from Todd..

I plan to dyno the car next week and post the results.

Mine as you know are Champion Gen1 Turbos based on your results
I plan to upgrade mine.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:11 PM
997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all
Do it right from the 1st time.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:02 AM
GT-Silver is infamous around these partsGT-Silver is infamous around these parts
I had a setup with GT2 VTG's before upgrading the GT series turbos. What you want to learn?
What numbers did you achieve with modded GT2 VTG's ? 60-130 ? is it laggy ? what boost numbers did you run ? And what tuner did the mods for the GT2 VTG's ?

I know its a lot of questions but im in a position of upgrading my turbos and couldnt find any enough info regarding modded GT2 VTG's.

Thanks.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:23 AM
besiktas is infamous around these partsbesiktas is infamous around these parts
Hello,

100 - 200 5.9 with pump gas, 5.6 - 5.7 with race gas. 6.5 seconds 60-130 with race gas. It did run 1.35 boost on race gas. With Protomotive tune, I believe it has a bit more in it. Mine was a conservative Evotech tune. The lag difference is minimal (it has a later throttle response than regular modded VTG's, like half a second) but has significantly more top end. I believe it is the most power you can get out of the VTG's.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:37 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
Check with Todd K. @ Proto.

From what I hear, modded (not stock) GT2 VTGs are getting incredible results.

They are pricey but you may be able to exchange your stock turbos to offset part of the cost.<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
i see some changes

Old 09-23-2010, 08:22 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Todd said that you can achieve better resaults with tt modded VTGs than GT2 modded VTGs.
Around 650WHP with the new modds done to them

Old 09-23-2010, 09:10 AM
Venkat,

Yes I have spent quite a bit time and money on that

Modded VTG turbos, not really enough top end, but very good until 200 km/h.
Modded GT2 turbos, better top end, same to 200 km/h.
GT3071, it's the best turbo you can get especially for a tip car, period. Amazing spool (i got the one with the HTA wheels), very good top end. If you are not planning to exceed 1.6 bar, this is the turbo you should get. After that, it starts to choke.
GT3076, the choking is the reason that I switched to those from 71's. There is a significant lag difference, but quite better top end. I run 1.7 - 1.8, so that's what I need.

So it depends on what you need really. I always need more top end on the street when racing, so that's why I have 76's now.

Originally Posted by venkatreddytx
besiktas

Modded VTG Turbos
Modded GT2 VTG Turbos
GT3071
GT3076

Can you enlightens us to pros and cons of each of the turbo upgrades and what made you go to the next step.

Last edited by besiktas; 09-23-2010 at 09:13 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:48 PM
GT-Silver is infamous around these partsGT-Silver is infamous around these parts
Hello,

100 - 200 5.9 with pump gas, 5.6 - 5.7 with race gas. 6.5 seconds 60-130 with race gas. It did run 1.35 boost on race gas. With Protomotive tune, I believe it has a bit more in it. Mine was a conservative Evotech tune. The lag difference is minimal (it has a later throttle response than regular modded VTG's, like half a second) but has significantly more top end. I believe it is the most power you can get out of the VTG's.
Thanks besiktas for the info, but can you tell me which tuner modified the GT2 VTG's ? and do you have any info about FVD turbos ? they have two turbos.

1-997 Turbo Turbocharger Sport 750HP
2-997 VTG Turbo K-04/K-26 Turbocharger Sport

the reason im asking for FVD turbos as they are my tuner and its always great dealing with Rhonda and their customer service is amazing.

Thanks again for the info.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Sorry, the turbos are FVD modded turbos. But I am not really sure which one is mine. I know them as modded GT2 turbos

Originally Posted by GT-Silver
Thanks besiktas for the info, but can you tell me which tuner modified the GT2 VTG's ? and do you have any info about FVD turbos ? they have two turbos.

the reason im asking for FVD turbos as they are my tuner and its always great dealing with Rhonda and their customer service is amazing.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:23 PM
WhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by GT-Silver

He had K-04/K26 turbos which are modded 997tt VTG's with a clipped turbine wheel.

The new 750hp VTGs from FVD are different ones i guess. You should ask Rhonda for differences.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:25 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by venkatreddytx
besiktas

Modded VTG Turbos
Modded GT2 VTG Turbos
GT3071
GT3076

We got almost same besiktas results!

Modded VTG Turbos witout clip turbine....100-200 mid 6's / 200-300 13's

Modded GT2 VTG Turbos which aleady has clip turbine from the factory....100-200kmh mid 5's

Modded VTG Turbos with newsest upgrade from Todd K...100-200kmh mid 5's on 93 octane!!!...Quickest 6speed vtg's in the forum on pumpgas

Keep in mind the stock GT2 VTG's would cost u $10!!! silly expensive

Old 09-24-2010, 04:23 AM
^ What are the best numbers that you can achieve with modded GT2 VTG's ?

and which tuners modify GT2 VTG's ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Are there any tiptronics running with GT3071/76?