997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Are there any tiptronics running with GT3071/76?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 04:32 AM
besiktas is infamous around these partsbesiktas is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GT-Silver
^ What are the best numbers that you can achieve with modded GT2 VTG's ?

and which tuners modify GT2 VTG's ?
It's FVD.

100 - 200 mid 5's

200 - 300 low to mid 12's.

Old 09-24-2010, 05:37 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT-Silver
^ What are the best numbers that you can achieve with modded GT2 VTG's ?

and which tuners modify GT2 VTG's ?

Todd (Protomotive) have tried all modds on both GT2 and TT VTGs, he said you can achieve same power levels with both sets but TT VTGs has much less lag

Old 09-24-2010, 05:40 AM
besiktas is infamous around these partsbesiktas is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by milou
Todd (Protomotive) have tried all modds on both GT2 and TT VTGs, he said you can achieve same power levels with both sets but TT VTGs has much less lag
Not much less actually, I had the chance to compare TT VTG's (from Switzer 750 kit) and GT2 modded VTG's at the same time with different cars, and there was only 100 rpm difference in lag.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:17 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by besiktas
Not much less actually, I had the chance to compare TT VTG's (from Switzer 750 kit) and GT2 modded VTG's at the same time with different cars, and there was only 100 rpm difference in lag.
its very difficult to compare since there are a lot of factors involved. Inducer/exducer size, extruded hot sides etc.

Todd compared turbos with same modds and in both cases they could run around 650WHP the only difference was that TT VTGs could spool quicker 100rpm is not a big difference but is a .2 sec

Old 09-24-2010, 09:21 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
miluo , if you think that your tranny is holding the power you have been allready reached with moded vtgs ,, am sure it will hold fine with gt30 !!

am runing gt30 as you know , when i installed my kit (vr825) in January the gearbox was holding fine till i boosted more 1.4 , 1.5 , after 3 months of street racings the gearbox failed , so i rebuild it and i upgraded the TC !! to be honest the gearbox still alive but it is slipping alot and am anly boosting 1.3bar !!

From my experience the gearbox starts slipping when the oil getting hot and you can feel that after 2 or 3 hard runs it slipping

so the main problem is the heat then the discs !!!! i do not know how is the the weather in your country ,, but here in kuwait its very hot !! maybe thats the reason i may need a gearbox cooler ..

btw am going to get the gearbox upgrade very soon ... i will let you know bro ..

yousef

Old 09-24-2010, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by ysfg35
miluo , if you think that your tranny is holding the power you have been allready reached with moded vtgs ,, am sure it will hold fine with gt30 !!

am runing gt30 as you know , when i installed my kit (vr825) in January the gearbox was holding fine till i boosted more 1.4 , 1.5 , after 3 months of street racings the gearbox failed , so i rebuild it and i upgraded the TC !! to be honest the gearbox still alive but it is slipping alot and am anly boosting 1.3bar !!

From my experience the gearbox starts slipping when the oil getting hot and you can feel that after 2 or 3 hard runs it slipping

so the main problem is the heat then the discs !!!! i do not know how is the the weather in your country ,, but here in kuwait its very hot !! maybe thats the reason i may need a gearbox cooler ..

btw am going to get the gearbox upgrade very soon ... i will let you know bro ..

yousef
Yousef,

I'm sorry to hear that you have problems with your trany again.
I was also in a search of transmition oil cooler but couldn't find one. I usually drive my car at evenings when its cooler.
I don't have any problems with my trany so far.
Keep us informed

Old 09-24-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
I/We agree.
Can you post some numbers of the TPC car running with VTGs?

thx

Old 09-24-2010, 08:56 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by milou
Can you post some numbers of the TPC car running with VTGs?

thx
I believe that's the one in the video on their website that ran a 10.65 at 135mph with a 6speed. Pretty impressive!

Old 09-26-2010, 06:13 PM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
Besiktas

Thanks for the info and a few more questions that I hope you are
able to answer

I am thinking of doing the 3071 from my current modded VTG's.

What is the difference between standaed 3071 vs HTA 3071?

How is the lag compared to the modded VTG's with untouched hotside?

My boost starts building by 2000 rpm and by 2800 rmp already at 10psi.

When did you see boost starting to build on 3071, I have see threads that
mention 3200 rpm, not sure if this is the start of boost or max boost reached.

Thanks
Venkat

Originally Posted by besiktas
Venkat,

Yes I have spent quite a bit time and money on that

Modded VTG turbos, not really enough top end, but very good until 200 km/h.
Modded GT2 turbos, better top end, same to 200 km/h.
GT3071, it's the best turbo you can get especially for a tip car, period. Amazing spool (i got the one with the HTA wheels), very good top end. If you are not planning to exceed 1.6 bar, this is the turbo you should get. After that, it starts to choke.
GT3076, the choking is the reason that I switched to those from 71's. There is a significant lag difference, but quite better top end. I run 1.7 - 1.8, so that's what I need.

So it depends on what you need really. I always need more top end on the street when racing, so that's why I have 76's now.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:26 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
On 3071's its at full boost at 3100-3200rpms...

Originally Posted by venkatreddytx
Besiktas

Thanks for the info and a few more questions that I hope you are
able to answer

I am thinking of doing the 3071 from my current modded VTG's.

What is the difference between standaed 3071 vs HTA 3071?

How is the lag compared to the modded VTG's with untouched hotside?

My boost starts building by 2000 rpm and by 2800 rmp already at 10psi.

When did you see boost starting to build on 3071, I have see threads that
mention 3200 rpm, not sure if this is the start of boost or max boost reached.

Thanks
Venkat

Old 09-26-2010, 06:30 PM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
skeeter

wow, when do you see boost start to build on 3071.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:34 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by venkatreddytx
skeeter

wow, when do you see boost start to build on 3071.

I haven't installed the turbos yet...I just bought them...I still need to buy some parts first to install them...I've talked to Todd K and this is what he told me...He told me these are the best turbos for tip cars...I acutally bought besiktas turbos...I have a few months before I acutally do the install myself....

Old 09-26-2010, 06:46 PM
skeeter

Great, mine is a manual would that make a difference.

I want to keep my stock airbox/turbo intake piping/Y-pipe but swap to 3071.

I think this can be done, reading Keithta post looks like that was his initial setup.

if you have second thoughts on those turbos or want to sell them now and buy later, I will pay your cost for them.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Emre, where are your R911 turbos spooling at?

Old 09-27-2010, 11:57 AM
WhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
Emre, where are your R911 turbos spooling at?
Hello Neil,

its different in every gear,

for ex. 4th gear - 3500 rpm 1.0 bar of boost.
3rd gear - 3700 rpm 1.0 bar of boost

(both @ 26c weather.)

However i can't say its laggy.

Cheers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Are there any tiptronics running with GT3071/76?