997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Are there any tiptronics running with GT3071/76?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 05:54 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Are there any tiptronics running with GT3071/76?

I was wondering if there are any tiptronics running with GT30/71-76 or any other setup. I was thinking of shifting to one of those kits but would like to have some owner's feedback of performance/reliability compared to VTG based cars.

My car has a reinforced transmition from MKB but don't know if it can handle the extra power of those kits.Theoretically it should be able to handle over 1000NM/tq since the MB biturbo has 1200NM and works fine. The big difference on Porsche is the AWD

Owners and vendors your comments please

Old 08-09-2010, 05:59 AM
besiktas is infamous around these partsbesiktas is infamous around these parts
I'm running GT3076's on my reinforced tip car, and I've been up to 1.75 bar of boost, and it holds fine. 3071's are very VTG'ish, full boost around 3200 rpms, it is the way to go if you mind about lag. 76's are a bit more laggy.

Originally Posted by milou
I was wondering if there are any tiptronics running with GT30/71-76 or any other setup. I was thinking of shifting to one of those kits but would like to have some owner's feedback of performance/reliability compared to VTG based cars.

My car has a reinforced transmition from MKB but don't know if it can handle the extra power of those kits.Theoretically it should be able to handle over 1000NM/tq since the MB biturbo has 1200NM and works fine. The big difference on Porsche is the AWD

Owners and vendors your comments please

Old 08-09-2010, 08:38 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
am running GT3076 .. in tip ..

now am gonig to upgrade the gearbox ...

Old 08-09-2010, 08:49 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Milou,

Have you considered upgraded GT2 VTGs or is that cost prohibitive?

That's the path I would take when the tuners solve the PDK enigma.

On the other hand, as Yousef said, he is running 3076 and his car is a beast.

He is keeping the boost on his car @ 1.3 bar to safeguard the tranny as he hasn't upgraded it yet.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:21 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Kddsl,

To be honest i didn't thought of GT2 VTGs. Where can i get them? What do they cost and how muck do they differ from the tt VTGs?

thx

Old 08-10-2010, 06:22 AM
Is anyone here running on GT2 VTGs?

Old 08-10-2010, 06:57 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Check with Todd K. @ Proto.

From what I hear, modded (not stock) GT2 VTGs are getting incredible results.

They are pricey but you may be able to exchange your stock turbos to offset part of the cost.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:10 AM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
any tip gt30 turbo car should worry about building up that stout tip-tronic tranny to hold up all that torque..

Old 08-10-2010, 07:41 AM
What about Champion VTGs? Anyone who has experience with them?

Old 09-22-2010, 09:47 AM
farris has a spectacular aura aboutfarris has a spectacular aura about
Does anyone have any more info about this?

I am goign to mod a 997TT.1 and am debating gt3071 or Modded VTGs or modded GT2 VTGs.

I won't be upgraded the Tip tranny for quite a while though.

I know the cost of getting modded VTGs is a bit over $2k but how much are the GT3071s for a 997TT? Is there no real lag difference between them?

Last edited by farris; 09-22-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:53 AM
I would not recommend GT series if you are not going to upgrade your tranny for a while. It starts slipping after 1.3 - 1.4 bar. But upgrading to GT series with a whole kit will cost you around $20k, I would recommend throw in a few grands more to upgrade your tranny and enjoy your car the way you should.

And if you are interested with a pair of modded GT2 VTG's let me know. I have a mint pair for sale.

Originally Posted by farris
Does anyone have any more info about this?

I am goign to mod a 997TT.1 and am debating gt3071 or Modded VTGs or modded GT2 VTGs.

I won't be upgraded the Tip tranny for quite a while though.

I know the cost of getting modded VTGs is a bit over $2k but how much are the GT3071s for a 997TT? Is there no real lag difference between them?

Old 09-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Is anyone here running on GT2 VTGs?
I had a setup with GT2 VTG's before upgrading the GT series turbos. What you want to learn?

Old 09-22-2010, 09:59 AM
Former Vendor
Sales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to behold
What about Champion VTGs? Anyone who has experience with them?
Hang tight. We are sending a set of 68mm Billets to EPL for a forum members 997TT Tip with Water Meth.

Im sure the owner will chime in shortly

Old 09-22-2010, 03:26 PM
farris has a spectacular aura aboutfarris has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by besiktas
I would not recommend GT series if you are not going to upgrade your tranny for a while. It starts slipping after 1.3 - 1.4 bar. But upgrading to GT series with a whole kit will cost you around $20k, I would recommend throw in a few grands more to upgrade your tranny and enjoy your car the way you should.

And if you are interested with a pair of modded GT2 VTG's let me know. I have a mint pair for sale.
My plan is to do the mods in 2 stages if there is a big difference in GT3071s vs the modded VTGs, if not I would do it all in one stage:

Stage 1:
- HRE Wheels
- GT2 or GT2RS Body Conversion
- Lowering Springs
- Intercoolers
- Intake
- Catless 2.75" X-Pipe Exhaust
- Upgrade or New Turbos - Will keep boost low at around 1.1 Bar to 1.2 Bar Max
- Promotive Tune

Stage 2 (IF I go for the GT3071s):
- Upgrade Tranny
- Promotive tune and Increase Boost to about 1.6

As mentioned, I am trying to decide between the modded VTG's from Protomitive or the 3701 package from Protomotive?

What are the pros and cons of each of these turbo models?
I have never owned a turbo car before, always had very linear NA cars, so I guess I am looking for linear performance with as little lag as possible. I would like to be hitting the 10s in the quarter mile. Can the modded VTGs achieve this wihtout crazy amounts of boost?

Who has achieved the best results with modded VTGs and keeping the stock Tip Transmission? Is a Quarter Mile in the 10 sec range achievable?

Last edited by farris; 09-22-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:21 PM
Arone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Sales@Champion
Hang tight. We are sending a set of 68mm Billets to EPL for a forum members 997TT Tip with Water Meth.

Im sure the owner will chime in shortly
That would be me guys install scheduled for thursday 29th will post all results/impressions...thanks justin can't wait.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Are there any tiptronics running with GT3071/76?