997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Tubi Street Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 06:42 PM
steven1 is infamous around these partssteven1 is infamous around these parts
Tubi Street Exhaust Question

Hello I recently installed the Tubi Street exhaust on my 2008 911 Turbo. I bought this system used with very low miles on it. My question is I hear a lot on the posts that after a few thousand miles the exhaust sounds louder, now being that mine is used do I still need a few thousand miles for it to reach its potential or what I hear today is what I'm going to be getting? Lastly does the sport button in my car make this exhaust sound louder? Thanks<O</O

Old 08-10-2010, 07:03 PM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
After a few thousand total miles on the exhaust it will be a little louder. As for the sport button on or off this will be no difference in exhaust noise.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:08 PM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
I guess it depends on your tune, sport setting increase the tone/noise at idle on my car that is using cargraphic race exhaust.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:50 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
at idle, with a tune, once you engage the sport button, the note gets a tad louder and a bit deeper. Love my Tubi!

Old 08-10-2010, 08:05 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
+1...
Originally Posted by neilm
at idle, with a tune, once you engage the sport button, the note gets a tad louder and a bit deeper. Love my tubi!

Old 08-11-2010, 03:54 AM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TestJet
+1...
And you cant forget about WOT when burning through the gears

It wont get any louder very small difference, You should of gotten "TUBI RACE" exhuast. I myself am very surprised it wasnt going to be louder.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:10 AM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
Will a car with the Tubi Race (catless) be able to pass yearly inspections ?

If not what do you guys do...swap the exhaust each yr. for inspection and then put it back ?

Old 08-11-2010, 09:46 AM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bosco42
Will a car with the Tubi Race (catless) be able to pass yearly inspections ?

If not what do you guys do...swap the exhaust each yr. for inspection and then put it back ?
Nope. Will not pass emissions. You'll have to put back the stock exhaust each time your car needs to be inspected. PITA.