997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

International market prices for Porsche (where would YOU send cars if you running P?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 07:53 AM
wyo997 is infamous around these partswyo997 is infamous around these parts
International market prices for Porsche (where would YOU send cars if you running P?

If you were running Porsche, where would YOU send each year's builds?
I'd guess you and I would send them to customers in countries with the highest yield of revenue to Porsche- against the fixed cost in Germany of building each one.

It's recently come to everyone's attention that the color Ice Blue Metallic on 911 Turbo S's seems to be available everywhere in the world- except the USA market (and possibly all of North America- although a Canadian press car in IBM was photographed, licensed in Ottawa).
http://www.metronews.ca/ottawa/life/...-s-road-rocket

America has apparently boxed itself out of the global, high-end car game, legally and economically: The most litigious society of self-entitled citizens (the kind who can trash a Nissan GT-R's launch control and then sue the company for not making a car that can be trashed to pieces...and winning in court) and the fact that other countries yield higher net income/per car for luxury car makers who import into them. I know a Ferrari dealer in the USA who had three F430 builds for his clients yanked-away by the factory in 2009, just so the builds could go to customers in countries like China and the Middle East. Where did Porsche unveil the GT2RS? At an auto show where the Russian Organizatsiya (mafia) and other "new money" could see and buy it. In Australia, the GT2RS is a $560,000 dollars (AU, about $506,000 US). No wonder only 135 are coming to the US for $245,000 each.

Look at these other current Porsche prices from Australia.
http://allcarnews.wordpress.com/2010...my-price-list/
The cost of a Porsche ($AU is 90 cents, US) is virtually double that in the USA. My 911 Turbo S coupe apparently costs $383,000US- not $165,000. Sure, a large import duty is probably involved. But I'll bet it's not doubling the cost of the cars. Australian auto industry isn't THAT big and there's only a few home grown luxury/boutique car makers-without the muscle to get Canberra to impose double-the cost duties on imported cars. China doubles the cost of cars just to rape the rich who can afford it- but that's China.

Do readers have other nation's price lists that they can post of this year's Porsches?

Last edited by wyo997; 08-11-2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:01 AM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
You should check out Turkey, they double and even triple prices. So does Puerto Rico.

If I recall correctly in Turkey you have to pay a annual tax on every car. Range Rovers tax cost was $8k a YEAR!

Old 08-11-2010, 09:34 AM
AlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant future
Most of those dollars or rubles or yuans are actually paid in taxes, so Porsche is not seeing that much more from selling those cars outside of North America. However you are absolutely correct about sue-happy entitled society we got going on over here.