997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Protomotive E85 Tune on Stock Injectors with 5Bar FPR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 12:43 PM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
+1

Todd is the man!

Old 08-16-2010, 02:06 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cannga
Got it. Thanks Dave. I've been lurking and learning from your posts.

BTW and OT: Am I understanding it right that it seems all Protomtive customers get more a less a custom tune based on data logging? I mean the process seems to be that Todd would send a basic tune, customer data logs, sends back data, then Todd would revise the tune and sends it back for trial, and so on? If so, it's really fantastic, and quite amazing.
Periodic datalogging is very useful to maintaining optimal engine performance. For instance, if your afr's start to deviate that could mean your plugs are going bad. If your boost is tailing off (above what the dash can monitor) you might have sprung little leak somewhere, etc...What I think you get with Todd is not just tune that is pretty much spot-on out of the box but will work with you to optimize or troubleshoot an issues.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:55 PM
gt2rs6 has a spectacular aura aboutgt2rs6 has a spectacular aura about
e85 guys i have a few questions..
can i get a tune for e85 without 5 bar fpr if i have 72# injectors?
i have an e85 pump about 20 miles away.. can i buy and store e85?
does the e85 help with heatsoak issues?.. or are better intercoolers and or meth better for that?.... thanks

Old 08-16-2010, 08:12 PM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
gt2rs6

The stock injectors are 630cc, did you upgrade yours to 720cc?

If you already have 720cc injectors then you are what a 5 bar FPR would do to a 630cc injector.

E85 is min 105 octane that will help you to run higher timing, it burns cooler and so your EGT will be lower.

On storing E85 I have no experience.

Give Todd a call and he would be better able to answer your questions.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:45 PM
gt2rs6 has a spectacular aura aboutgt2rs6 has a spectacular aura about
thanks for the info... im not sure what cc my injectors are but i know they are 72# units... are bigger lines and pumps needed??... out of curiosity.. what would happen to a normal car if u filled the tank with e85?? not going to try just wanna know lol... thanks
Mike

Old 08-16-2010, 10:11 PM
gt2rs6

The only mod I needed to do was to swap out the FPR, no lines or pumps.

See my DIY on the swapping to 5 bar FPR.

The car won't run right if you put in E85 on a 93 Tune as more fuel is needed for E85.