997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Simple Visual Mods... Complete! Pix, pix, pix :-)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 05:24 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
mashalah car looks clean. Your car has identical sister in Saudi, but it's red ;-). Same mods on both cars

Old 08-15-2010, 09:17 PM
96redLT4 is infamous around these parts96redLT4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
Hi Guys,

Well, my external mods insofar as basic look are complete and I thought I'd share some pix with everyone.

I added the SpeedArt Carbon Fiber Intercooler Covers.

The only remaining mod to the exterior will be to replace the CF wrapped rear wing with a proper CF rear wing. But the basic look, unless I decide later to change the shape of the wing itself, will remain as is shown in the pictures.

Hope you enjoy them and please feel free to critique.

List of Mods:

1- Glossy CF Mirror Housings - RotTec (Thank go out to Ray @ Rottec)
2- Glossy CF Roof Spoiler - RotTec (Thank go out to Ray @ Rottec)
3- Glossy CF Intercooler Duct Covers - SpeedArt (Thanks go out to Dan @ Vivid Racing)
4- Glossy CF Wrap Front Spoiler Lip - Wrapped locally in Kuwait (Thanks to Auto Design Center Kuwait) (German made wrap)
5- Glossy CF Wrap Rear Wing - Wrapped locally in Kuwait (Thanks to Auto Design Center Kuwait) (German made wrap)

Photography Venue: Kuwait's main landmark, the Kuwait Towers:

Wow. Your car is beautiful! My 10 yo daughter just walked by and said 'I love it' . I am probably going to order a new one and I am going back and forth between meteor grey (my current car is seal grey which is close) and the platinum metallic which would be a little different look for us. Do you regret not having the PCCB? I think the regular P brakes are amazing and was going to stick with them.
Jim

Old 08-16-2010, 01:51 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Liquidemotions
Looking good! Impressive
Thanks Bro! I really appreciate the compliment and you taking the time to comment!

Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
mashalah car looks clean. Your car has identical sister in Saudi, but it's red ;-). Same mods on both cars
Thanks! Yeah I saw pictures of the car you're talking about. Beautiful car. The only difference is that car has also the fuel cap in CF. I didn't do that because I think it breaks up the fluidity of the look of the car.

Originally Posted by 96redLT4
Wow. Your car is beautiful! My 10 yo daughter just walked by and said 'I love it' . I am probably going to order a new one and I am going back and forth between meteor grey (my current car is seal grey which is close) and the platinum metallic which would be a little different look for us. Do you regret not having the PCCB? I think the regular P brakes are amazing and was going to stick with them.
Jim
Thanks! You just made my day! No My whole week!
There is nothing that beats the brutal honesty of children!
So to my mind, if she said she loves it, that means I've truly done well with it.
God bless her and please thank her on my behalf.

I love meteor grey. It gives off many different subtle hues in when different light sources/lighting angles strike it. Go for it!

As to the PCCBs, the only time you really get an advantage by having them is if you track the car regularly. That's when they come into their own.

In Kuwait, PCCBs reduce the value of resale as there is no track here to begin with.

I have found that no matter what you do on the road, regardless of how aggressive you drive, the steel brakes are way more than adequate to give you confidence in the car's stopping power. Never had them fading even when pushing the car hard.

Old 08-16-2010, 04:25 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Did you forget this?

Old 08-16-2010, 05:16 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Intentional omission at this stage