997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Never thought I would get bored of my 997 TURBO.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 10:58 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by RizOne
Keep the 997tt, get the 458 Italia if you can. Jeremy Clarkson says all F430 owners are now "idiots" for driving that car. The 458 is a huge step up.
And clarkson is right - 100+ HP More and it leaves the 430 standing still. Having driven a 430 more then once, I really cant imaging what that would feel like

Old 08-13-2010, 11:00 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
If Playboy featured the same centerfold every month they probably would go out of business.

My point -
I feel that as one matures he learns to accept and even embrace some level of boredom in his life. He might opt to get creative and find ways to retain the spark . If you are driving your 997 turbo every day .. it doesn't matter how many upgrades .. that novelty will erode . I choose to drive mine less and savor it more when i do drive it.

This would be the case with a Ferrari or Lambo or any other car. In fact even the greatest cars have little things which are overlooked on day one but over time they become more noticed.

I won't try and talk you out of buying a new car but i do feel that when you are "bored" in the new car , and have less savings only to have the same feelings .. you might remember my post and become more hesitant to trade that car in and repeat this pattern.

good luck in whatever choice you decide.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:20 AM
stockid is infamous around these partsstockid is infamous around these parts
Red face

Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don't

Old 08-14-2010, 12:59 AM
raidentech is infamous around these parts
This is very simple. If you are sick of your girlfriend, and you have no feeling for her, no matter how you dress her up, makes no difference. Time for a new ride buddy.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:29 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WHEELSJ
R8 v10 ??
Originally Posted by bonehead
Ick, no.
Originally Posted by rvhpno80
Audi R8 sounds nice, idk know its a little too small for me though....
My vote is with bonehead on this one.

Raced an R8 last night four times. In one of the races, I even let him start well back from me while I was holding at 50 mph. I didn't floor my car until he passed me.
I overtook him in under 15 seconds like he was almost standing still.

So to repeat what bonehead so eloquently said:

Ick, no!

Last edited by k_ddsl; 08-14-2010 at 07:46 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:34 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Thanks for all the feedback fellas, I really need to think this through, I leave to Munich next week, and maybe going out there will change my mind when I come back, I wont drive her for 2 weeks, so maybe I need to have that missing you feeling....doing the PORSCHE factory tour and museum, lets see what happens....

Originally Posted by meaker
I find this funny coming from someone who has avatar with a girl siting on your car for a photo... Now mind I would mind it either being if they looks like that..lol
, yeah I still get the looks, but me personally feel it time to move on......I will see in the next month or so.....

I find this funny coming from someone who has avatar with a girl siting on your car for a photo... Now mind I would mind it either being if they looks like that..lol

yrralis1 If Playboy featured the same centerfold every month they probably would go out of business.

My point -
I feel that as one matures he learns to accept and even embrace some level of boredom in his life. He might opt to get creative and find ways to retain the spark . If you are driving your 997 turbo every day .. it doesn't matter how many upgrades .. that novelty will erode . I choose to drive mine less and savor it more when i do drive it.

This would be the case with a Ferrari or Lambo or any other car. In fact even the greatest cars have little things which are overlooked on day one but over time they become more noticed.

I won't try and talk you out of buying a new car but i do feel that when you are "bored" in the new car , and have less savings only to have the same feelings .. you might remember my post and become more hesitant to trade that car in and repeat this pattern.

good luck in whatever choice you decide.
thanks I always get some good advice from you......+ 1

Old 08-14-2010, 06:01 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WHEELSJ
R8 v10 ??

If ever you get that bored to entertain swappin a 997tt for the above thought then its quite possible that its time to hang it up in the rack for good.

Originally Posted by The Bogg
The problem is that you have too much money. Send a large cheque to me and we'll fix that.

Good luck with your "predicament".
You may well have hit the nail right on the head with that one boggy.

Originally Posted by The Bogg
oh, if you're bored with the car just spend some more time with the other beauty in your avatar pic.
Again +1. That one would have to be the best piece of advice ive read on this thread so far. And to say you already have lol....well im not convinced.

Originally Posted by bbywu
I've re-read this a few times...you didn't say why you are bored of your 997TT.
Agree. Please explain. We need at leats some shape on this. Like yrallis says, boredom is bound to happen at one point no matter what you drive. Its really how you deal with the assumed boredom that will ultimately make the diffence. Changing the car is not the way out. Maybe a different approach with the lady in the avatar will help give some answers .

Old 08-14-2010, 12:14 PM
dg123 has a spectacular aura aboutdg123 has a spectacular aura about
could it be that ur ride is just bored of u???

Old 08-14-2010, 03:18 PM
fastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud of
getting bored with anything after a while is normal. this is probably one of the reasons that you are successful; you strive for more.

with the exception of family, you can outgrow anything. its okay

Old 08-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Jonnydeep83 is infamous around these parts
I usually choose my 997TT over my Gallardo. I often think something is wrong with me. But hey sometimes i just want comfort.. and I want to be able to pull the car out of the drive w/o doing an 8 point turn

Old 08-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Banned
08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Jonnydeep83
I usually choose my 997TT over my Gallardo. I often think something is wrong with me. But hey sometimes i just want comfort.. and I want to be able to pull the car out of the drive w/o doing an 8 point turn
Its funny you say that as I was just talking with someone how compared to my Gallardo the 997TT scrapes on EVERYTHING.. Im also not sure the 997 is more comfortable, the Gallardo is def roomier. That being said the 997 is def more useable for me not having to be bothered at every gas station, worrying about tourists and their picture taking ontop of peoples cars etc... On a side note, stock for stock, inmo the Gallardo is far more exciting to drive.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:02 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Personally,I can understand the novelty wearing off
But the pleasure?.....
...NEVER

Old 08-14-2010, 04:27 PM
CatDog is infamous around these partsCatDog is infamous around these parts
if you are bored you're welcome to help pay for my tuition and live vicariously through me, I promise I will provide pictures

Old 08-14-2010, 05:00 PM
GeoffM is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rvhpno80
I have a 997.1 turbo & I did a couple of upgrades, nothing to crazy & I feel like I need something more like a Ferrari 430 or Gallardo, but I ask myself all the time, am I willing to take the risk of getting pulled over by cops ever minute either to see who is driving, or to give me a summons for loud exhaust. Also a good friend of mine owned one and he would go in starbucks and when he came out, people would be sitting on his car, just for photo ops. I enjoy vehicles period, but I dont want pdk, or another 997. Maybe I will just wait for the 998's to come out.

P.S What do you guys think, I always get great advice from 6speeders.....Also not my everyday car, just for the weekends, and of course it would be 6 speed....

And thanks for all your great input in advance.....

thought the same thing of my last 5 cars, 6gt3, 997C2S, Elise, etc.. hopefully Gallardo will do it...

Old 08-14-2010, 06:49 PM
hgostanian is infamous around these parts
nice looking car

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Never thought I would get bored of my 997 TURBO.....