997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Never thought I would get bored of my 997 TURBO.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 02:39 PM
fastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud of
after much thought, i have your solution. i saw someone earlier in this thread suggested a used Gallardo modded by Underground. They were close, but not quite it. Ford GT with Underground Turbo mods. Unless you would get bored with your life hanging on the edge of a skycraper of power, this should suffice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kgK2DlEhZw

Last edited by fastlaw; 08-15-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Liquidemotions is infamous around these partsLiquidemotions is infamous around these parts
Ahh so many options hahah choose wisely =)

Old 08-15-2010, 03:47 PM
TurboTronic is infamous around these parts
I was bored of my 2008 997 TT within a year or so. The reason being, I did not spec it to my liking. It was a car that I picked up off the showroom floor.
It was tiptronic as well.

My new 997.2TT with PDK feels completely different. It also doesn't hurt that I specd it exactly the way I want it. The new transmission, along with the throatier exhaust, new PCM, etc makes it a keeper for years to come. For me no car compares to a 911 Turbo in value and experience. Of course you don't get a 911 if you want exclusivity, but you can always make it more special by calling up some of the tuners out there.

Replacing my car with another would be mean Koenigsegg territory if you know what I mean.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:39 PM
Swoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really nice
I also was quickly bored with my 997.1 Turbo. Bought it with 4k on the clock sold it with just under 8k. It was a great car...but the love just wasn't there. Picked up a new Aston ('09) Vantage and I love this car. Not nearly as quick or fast as the turbo and I could not care less. When I look at this in my garage I love it. It is hands down one of the best if not thee best looking cars on the road. Parked next to the Turbo it looked like a leopard standing next to an ostrich egg....Not to offend anyone at all, I know the Turbo and P cars in general are great engineered cars, but for the time being I am going to put some miles on my Aston.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:55 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Swoody
I also was quickly bored with my 997.1 Turbo. Bought it with 4k on the clock sold it with just under 8k. It was a great car...but the love just wasn't there. Picked up a new Aston ('09) Vantage and I love this car. Not nearly as quick or fast as the turbo and I could not care less. When I look at this in my garage I love it. It is hands down one of the best if not thee best looking cars on the road. Parked next to the Turbo it looked like a leopard standing next to an ostrich egg....Not to offend anyone at all, I know the Turbo and P cars in general are great engineered cars, but for the time being I am going to put some miles on my Aston.
Very well stated and congrats on finding a ride you love!
Nothing offensive about that
Enjoy!
I feel the same way about my S cab
Which,btw,can get its head out of the sand and make it to the next light before you can pronounce Aston Martin

Old 08-16-2010, 02:45 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fastlaw
after much thought, i have your solution. i saw someone earlier in this thread suggested a used Gallardo modded by Underground. They were close, but not quite it. Ford GT with Underground Turbo mods. Unless you would get bored with your life hanging on the edge of a skycraper of power, this should suffice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kgK2DlEhZw
cool video, but Im not into American cars......thanks alot though.......I appreciate all the help...I think im going with a used gallardo...

Old 08-16-2010, 06:34 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
A used G?
Hope that's not how u will feel
Look forward to meeting you at a stoplight...

Old 08-16-2010, 06:35 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
A used G?
Hope that's not how u will feel
Look forward to meeting you at a stoplight...
You'll hardly notice when the light turns green!

Old 08-16-2010, 06:42 AM
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
You'll hardly notice when the light turns green!
...and when he turns green from choking on my exhaust too

Old 08-16-2010, 06:45 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Sniff sniff... Hmmmm...
Love the smell of burning this, Not that you'd need it in this case

Old 08-16-2010, 07:01 AM
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
Sniff sniff... Hmmmm...
Love the smell of burning this, Not that you'd need it in this case

Sweet can!
Should I get a six or twelve pack?

Old 08-16-2010, 07:57 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Have you checked out the V12 Vantage?

(I read most of the posts - but I also skipped a few)

Old 08-16-2010, 08:34 AM
ItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant future
Take it from another Westchester County resident...if you can, keep the 997TT and flash the ECU so that you have a very fast and capable sports car as a "daily driver" (you can drive it to work and back and such). Get the Gallardo as the weekend exotic. My father used to own a Porsche 997.1TT and Gallardo at the same time and that is when he was the happiest. He now has the Bentley GTC and 997.2TT PDK and he LOVES the Porsche but the Bentley is a joke and the Porsche doesn't provide half the excitement of the Gallardo, regardless of how slow the G is compared to the P car. It is true that you will have people sitting on your car. We even had one guy bowing down to the Gallardo and worshipping it! LOL (sick people in Manhattan huh?) but that is why it is more of a weekend car and one that you take out when you want to have fun. The Porsche is more civilized and can blend in a bit with the crowd. So if you can wing it, keep the Porsche and get an 06-08 Gallardo, possibly Superleggera if you want more of a raw experience, but an 06 or 07 Gallardo is a very very fun and reasonably priced car. My pops owned a Nera and when I would take it out on the street, I totally forgot the fact that I owned a 650+rwhp Vette. It made no difference to me whether the Vette could blow the doors off the Lambo. The Lambo was everything I wanted and more. I think you will be happy with it. Here's a pic of the identical Lambo he used to own. Champion Motorcars used to help us out but I believe they aren't doing so well now a days. Try Manhattan Motorcars. Looks through their inventory, go for a test drive, and you should find the car that gets your heart beating.

Last edited by ItalianStallion; 08-16-2010 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:44 AM
Beautiful car,thanks for posting...
...regardless of how much slower it is compared to the P car

Last edited by pepper09tt; 08-16-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:14 PM
steven1 is infamous around these partssteven1 is infamous around these parts
go for the 458

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Never thought I would get bored of my 997 TURBO.....