997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Never thought I would get bored of my 997 TURBO.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 07:30 PM
PCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to behold
Wink

Originally Posted by pepper09tt
Beautiful car,thanks for posting...
...regardless of how much slower it is compared to the P car
There is much to life than going fast in a straight line

Old 08-16-2010, 08:13 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by PCJR
There is much to life than going fast in a straight line
Quite true
Which is why we both enjoy curves

Old 08-16-2010, 08:19 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
And we have this thread to keep occupied those of us that might be bored

Old 08-16-2010, 08:57 PM
todo is just really nicetodo is just really nicetodo is just really nicetodo is just really nice
POST MEANT FOR 2nd POST VENKATREDDY

I have a AWE Tuned 650 HP 997.1 Turbo as my daily driver and am getting a 458 this Friday... where in Texas are you?

Last edited by todo; 08-16-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:41 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by todo

I have a AWE Tuned 650 HP 997.1 Turbo as my daily driver and am getting a 458 this Friday... where in Texas are you?
Probably riding shotgun in some guy's new 458...

Congrats!

Old 08-17-2010, 07:36 AM
Alcav5 is a jewel in the roughAlcav5 is a jewel in the roughAlcav5 is a jewel in the rough
Interesting that many of the posts here characterize boredom differently...
I read a few posters say a highly modified turbo will solve the boredom;
Perhaps a more balanced and refined ride may do it;
Or the latest and greatest F-car will solve it. (I wonder if it's the technology or the lines they are talking about, could it be the exclusivity?);
A few mention that the looks of the car solved their boredom whether it was a g, f or austin (Or maybe staying away from a fugly car is the trick);
More insightful replies infer boredom is inevitable and that you either need to accept it, expect it or stave it off;
I agree with those who have inferred ...driving the car less frequent will counteract boredom (lucky for me I have another DD so I believe this helps);
Also glad to read that having unlimited funds is not necessarily the answer...

I liked this post because it made me think as to what boredom really might look like to me.
So perhaps identifying your own criteria of boredom is key to a solution. But reading everyone's response is very helpful.

Good Luck,
Al

Old 08-17-2010, 07:39 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
I think the answer is pretty simple - find out what you really want in a car - and get that. Until you can answer that question, the search is endless.

I mean - everything - everything you could possible want in a car. Two years later, and I can't imagine a better daily driver (except one feature - but I couldn't find another car that offered everything than in mine - literally, and it was mostly standard - only one option available).

Old 08-17-2010, 08:31 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !

Nice. Can't wait to see the pics!

Old 08-17-2010, 08:38 AM
todo is just really nicetodo is just really nicetodo is just really nicetodo is just really nice
Mike,
I am not sure how much better the 458 will be as compared to a AWE tuned 997? At least in specs the AWE Turbo is up there....
Todo

Old 08-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Banned
08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
A used G?
Hope that's not how u will feel
Look forward to meeting you at a stoplight...
So far from your posts I have deducted that you absolutely love your PDK. Since you absolutely love it, Im anticipating that you will never , ever sell it, and that it will be the last car you own till the day you die, since as you said you only get bored of things.. you never truly loved..

Second.. as it seems you think you have the worlds fastest car wth such posts as the above in quotes... It may be true that your car is faster than an old Gallardo, but why not compare apples to apples? New to new?

Inmo, as the owner of both the combo of Gallardo and 997TT is perfect. You use the 997, to perform all the tasks you would never do in your Gallardo, because you love it too much.....

The fact is the Pcar is an all around good sports car...not in exotic way, more of like a Nissan GTR way..

Old 08-17-2010, 07:35 PM
08,where's your sense of humor?
Yes,my car is quite lovable...and stock for stock,practically unbeatable
And,not to mention...soooo delectable

Last edited by pepper09tt; 08-17-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:18 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
[QUOTE=ItalianStallion;2944476]Take it from another Westchester County resident...if you can, keep the 997TT and flash the ECU so that you have a very fast and capable sports car as a "daily driver" (you can drive it to work and back and such). Get the Gallardo as the weekend exotic. My father used to own a Porsche 997.1TT and Gallardo at the same time and that is when he was the happiest. He now has the Bentley GTC and 997.2TT PDK and he LOVES the Porsche but the Bentley is a joke and the Porsche doesn't provide half the excitement of the Gallardo, regardless of how slow the G is compared to the P car. It is true that you will have people sitting on your car. We even had one guy bowing down to the Gallardo and worshipping it! LOL (sick people in Manhattan huh?) but that is why it is more of a weekend car and one that you take out when you want to have fun. The Porsche is more civilized and can blend in a bit with the crowd. So if you can wing it, keep the Porsche and get an 06-08 Gallardo, possibly Superleggera if you want more of a raw experience, but an 06 or 07 Gallardo is a very very fun and reasonably priced car. My pops owned a Nera and when I would take it out on the street, I totally forgot the fact that I owned a 650+rwhp Vette. It made no difference to me whether the Vette could blow the doors off the Lambo. The Lambo was everything I wanted and more. I think you will be happy with it. Here's a pic of the identical Lambo he used to own. Champion Motorcars used to help us out but I believe they aren't doing so well now a days. Try Manhattan Motorcars. Looks through their inventory, go for a test drive, and you should find the car that gets your heart beating.

Well thanks for such great input but I sold the 997, and now looking for a gallardo, I cant afford 2 100k+ cars, I spoke with some of my friends at Manhattan Motor Cars, they are looking for some gallardos as we speak, thanks..... I have another everyday car for back and fourth to work, so this will be a strictly weekend car, thanks again for all input.....

Last edited by rvhpno80; 08-24-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:56 AM
Better Pictures Later...

Mike,
I am not sure how much better the 458 will be as compared to a AWE tuned 997? At least in specs the AWE Turbo is up there....
Todo
I cannot describe in words .... the 458 is a amazing machine...

Attached Images  
Old 08-25-2010, 07:15 AM
Jealousy...

<--- This guy is oozing it from every pore.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:23 AM
The markets are tanking,there is nooo future...so mind as well enjoy the present!
Ps:the G is so Miami Beach...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Never thought I would get bored of my 997 TURBO.....