997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Never thought I would get bored of my 997 TURBO.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 12:12 PM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
Hey guys....let's get real here....time for a reality check.

Don't want to act like a parent but as an elder statesman here the root of your boredom has nothing to do with your cars....its totally a function of the rest of your life .

The combination of your personality type, having some cash to throw around, having too much free time on your hands and possibly a lack of other interests in your life is the root of the problem.

With the above factors no matter what you drive you will eventually wind up with the same dilemna and wind up chasing your own tail.

Don't blame the cars...look inside for your answer !

Last edited by bosco42; 08-25-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:51 PM
bkelly is infamous around these parts
Drove a 2008 turbo with manual transmission for three years. Switched to a 2011 Turbo S. Wow, what a change, this car is over the top. I tracked the '08 pretty regular and going to get the S out in two weekds once broke in. Cant wait. Didnt think the PDK was for me but I am sold so far. Great DD but has all the pieces in place for the track. The wife is willing to go on road trips in this car if that makes any sense.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:03 AM
fastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by todo
I cannot describe in words .... the 458 is a amazing machine...

More pics?

Old 08-30-2010, 10:38 AM
NYC_Z06 is just really niceNYC_Z06 is just really niceNYC_Z06 is just really niceNYC_Z06 is just really nice
So I guess a Bear Mountain run this weekend is out...
<O</O
Lots of theories on boredom here but my guess is that having already owned a 997 C4S, the TT was pretty much the same thing - albeit a faster version. That said, cut right to the chase (appropriate turn of phrase here, no?) and get a Superleggera.

Well thanks for such great input but I sold the 997, and now looking for a gallardo, I cant afford 2 100k+ cars, I spoke with some of my friends at Manhattan Motor Cars, they are looking for some gallardos as we speak, thanks..... I have another everyday car for back and fourth to work, so this will be a strictly weekend car, thanks again for all input.....[/quote]

Old 08-30-2010, 10:53 AM
Mini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to all
Originally Posted by bkelly
Drove a 2008 turbo with manual transmission for three years. Switched to a 2011 Turbo S. Wow, what a change, this car is over the top. I tracked the '08 pretty regular and going to get the S out in two weekds once broke in. Cant wait. Didnt think the PDK was for me but I am sold so far. Great DD but has all the pieces in place for the track. The wife is willing to go on road trips in this car if that makes any sense.
Once you make a formal intro with pics I will not believe you have TTS.