997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Never thought I would get bored of my 997 TURBO.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 06:43 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Smile Never thought I would get bored of my 997 TURBO.....

I have a 997.1 turbo & I did a couple of upgrades, nothing to crazy & I feel like I need something more like a Ferrari 430 or Gallardo, but I ask myself all the time, am I willing to take the risk of getting pulled over by cops ever minute either to see who is driving, or to give me a summons for loud exhaust. Also a good friend of mine owned one and he would go in starbucks and when he came out, people would be sitting on his car, just for photo ops. I enjoy vehicles period, but I dont want pdk, or another 997. Maybe I will just wait for the 998's to come out.

P.S What do you guys think, I always get great advice from 6speeders.....Also not my everyday car, just for the weekends, and of course it would be 6 speed....

And thanks for all your great input in advance.....

Old 08-13-2010, 06:47 AM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
Have a F430 and am getting bored of it, a properly modded/tuned 997TT can't be beat.
Hitting my F-car dealer on getting a F-458 that I am told is amazing.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:50 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by venkatreddytx
Have a F430 and am getting bored of it, a properly modded/tuned 997TT can't be beat.
Hitting my F-car dealer on getting a F-458 that I am told is amazing.

wow, see here is a perfect example of another man trash is someone else's treasure.......lol
not saying a 430 is trash.... just saying as a analogy.....

ferrari red for you..... why are you bored of it? thanks in advance.....

Old 08-13-2010, 08:10 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Flash the ECU and put on a set of coilovers and it will change your mind...did for me!

Old 08-13-2010, 08:27 AM
Banned
08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of
Gallardo is a great car.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Platinum Sponsor
WHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond repute
R8 v10 ??

1.866.519.4335 ext 2103
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: Jonathan@wheelsboutique.com

#1 HRE Dealer Worldwide / DPE Wheels / Vertini / Work Wheels / D2 Forged / TechArt / Novitec / Brabus / Carlsson / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Kooks / Corsa / RENNTech / WALD / Milltek / Tubi / Champion Motorsports / AWE / RSS / BBS / Brembo / Hamman / Eisenmann / KW / H&R / Nitto / Pirelli / Michelin / Dunlop / Goodyear / Falken / Continental and tons more....
Old 08-13-2010, 08:57 AM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WHEELSJ
R8 v10 ??
Ick, no.

OP, what have you done to your car so far?

Old 08-13-2010, 09:26 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
The problem is that you have too much money. Send a large cheque to me and we'll fix that.

But seriously, what is it you're bored with? the acceleration, the drive, the look? For reasonable money you can significantly change the acceleration and the handling. For a bit more money you can change the look with Techart or other bits. I think the 997tt is at the upper limit of a nice car that draws a reasonable amount of attention without getting annoying. Some ladies pulled up to me yesterday and exclaimed that they loved my car. If it were a lambo I'm sure I'd get far more attention but that's not what I want, and it doesn't sound like it's what you want either. Good luck with your "predicament".

Old 08-13-2010, 09:27 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
oh, if you're bored with the car just spend some more time with the other beauty in your avatar pic.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:31 AM
Mini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to all
Originally Posted by bonehead
Ick, no.

OP, what have you done to your car so far?
I think he's done the standard Fabspeed setup: Exhaust, intake, and headers.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:33 AM
dg123 has a spectacular aura aboutdg123 has a spectacular aura about
bored???nothing a set of upgraded vtg's, ecu, and ic's wont change!!!

Old 08-13-2010, 09:34 AM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mini George
I think he's done the standard Fabspeed setup: Exhaust, intake, and headers.
oh duh, thx. I didn't read his sig

Old 08-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Lee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the rough
I have a F430 now and really enjoy it. Mostly I like cars for the balance and response, not the image, sound, or speed. The Ferrari is a very good car in this respect with more balance and linear response than even a Cayman, and I enjoy it much more than a recent high-end Carrera I had. I am convinced that, at least for me, extreme speed and power are not that important, but quality, comfort, and driving balance. I also like the Ferrari because it IS a Ferrari - have respected that company for its commitment to racing for nearly 50 years now.

The Ferrari aside, the best experience I had may have been an Aston Martin. They do not set speed records and if speed or glamorous test results in magazines are important to you they will disappoint, but I can attest that they are lovely cars, fast enough, classier and better built than anything else I have seen, period, and just a very good ownership experience. I would suggest looking at them. I miss mine so much I plan to get a good used Vantage or DB9 sometime soon (but keep the Ferrari).

By contrast the worst experince I had was a 'vette. I bought it new and had fun hotting rodding it until it was seriously fast (10.0 quarter on street tires and very daily driveable), but it was poorly built with only so-so material quality: it felt cheap, sort of the opposite of the Aston. My point is that no matter how much power, its the qulaity the ultimately makes the ownership experience satsifying - that may not be enough, but without it there is nothing.
Anyway, with the Aston and the Ferrari, gawkers and people taking pictures, etc., are just par for the course and sometimes annoying, but not that bad. Similar annoyance doesn't happen with high end Porsches because a GT2 RS for example, looks pretty much like a standard Carrera to the average person -- but everyone, even our receptionist at work, knows the Ferrari emblem -- and the Aston 007 connection.
I have a friend that has the ultimate "exotic" no-one pays attention car: Panoz Experanto - no one notices it and the few questions he gets are all basically "Is that a new type of Miata?" By they way, they are really slow if that matters, but nicely turned out.
I have had no problems with the police, even in a red F430. The Ferrari (stock exhaust) is actually quite quiet, and I drive fairly sanely, so . . . I do have problems with some drivers who are clearly jeallous - guy in a Toyota van tailgating me on the interstate last weekend (I just slowed down gradually until he flipped me off zipped around me, cursing) and for some reason, a lot of guys in AMG Mercedeses get really agressive and have to show me how much rubber they can burn -- they seem offended that there is a more expensive car out on the street.
Anyway, my two cents . . .

Old 08-13-2010, 09:46 AM
RizOne is infamous around these parts
Keep the 997tt, get the 458 Italia if you can. Jeremy Clarkson says all F430 owners are now "idiots" for driving that car. The 458 is a huge step up.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:20 AM
carfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura about
If you want to stay in Porsche family, get a GT3 RS and sure you will not be bored anymore !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Never thought I would get bored of my 997 TURBO.....