997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Durametric data logging-- High RPM AFR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 03:46 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Abby997TT
Hey Guys,
Just got back from dyno here is the afr sheet. Looks fairly decent to me, just a little wavey up top. what do you guys think?
Yes, afrs look decent. Did they also measure timing, boost, etc..

Old 09-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Abby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by venkatreddytx
Abby

what mods do you have on you car.
Are the max HP/TQ numbers 473/535?

Generally accepted dyno loss is in the range of 15-18%.

Run the AFR' by Todd.

FVD Catless exhaust and Proto flash ms109 file. We did 3 pulls. Max power was around 480 and 540 TQ. Their dyno reads 25% lower than crank according to the shop staff. I just sent todd an email a few minutes ago, see what he says.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Abby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by TTdude
Yes, afrs look decent. Did they also measure timing, boost, etc..

They only had a wideband sensor sticked into the tailpipe. No other measurement were avaliable.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:57 PM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
Abby

Yours number look good for a tune and exhaust.

My numbers were Softronic tune/AP Exhaust/BMC drop in filter and 93 Oct.

It was hot day back in July

Sport Mode
Max Power 403.7HP@5850 and Max Torque 400.2(ft-lbs)@4250

Standard Mode
Max Power 398.6HP@5850 and Max Torque 422.6(ft-lbs)@3600

Old 09-09-2010, 07:40 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
FVD Catless exhaust and Proto flash ms109 file. We did 3 pulls. Max power was around 480 and 540 TQ. Their dyno reads 25% lower than crank according to the shop staff. I just sent todd an email a few minutes ago, see what he says.
So that puts you over 600lb/ft torque????? Man that race file is something!!! Although I think Todd told me the pump gas file with sport mode also comes close to 600lb/ft iirc. Mmmmmmmm....torque!

Old 09-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Thanks guys!

Bogg,
You should try the race file for just once and you will know what mean. Race gas give you that neck snapping force can not be found on pump gas file.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:02 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
The power starts to drop off around 5700 rpm. This is likely due to your stock vtgs. Time to upgrade!!

Old 09-09-2010, 11:16 PM
Haha, I actually thought about that today. It's amazing how fast you can get used to all that power and want to have more.
Hopefully next spring I can get intercoolers, vtgs and clutch done. I am done this year and my car will be putting away at the end of the october for the rainy season.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:35 AM
bumperpip is infamous around these parts
Abby-- two questions, if I may: 1. On your dyno sheet showing HP and torque, why do the traces not cross at 5252RPM ? 2. What is causing the torque to drop so far, so fast, from what seems to be a rather early peak at of ~3850RPM ? Just curious.
Oh, sorry.. one more, please. Does the early (and steep) torque arrival have any adverse effect on driveability, i.e., any sort of "light switch" effect ? Thanks so much for your patience.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:11 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Thanks guys!

Bogg,
You should try the race file for just once and you will know what mean. Race gas give you that neck snapping force can not be found on pump gas file.
I don't have race gas but I'm only working half day today - going to go home and do some datalogs and then put in the race file and give it a go. Going to the track for the first time next month and possibly they'll have race gas available - fingers crossed.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:12 AM
Originally Posted by TTdude
The power starts to drop off around 5700 rpm. This is likely due to your stock vtgs. Time to upgrade!!

You know, that might be what I was experiencing - a bit of drop off after 5700rpm. I know I know, time for upgraded vtgs.

I've sent an email off to Todd to see what the different upgraded vtg options are. Seems like there are a few variants. Did you go with a clipped wheel? did it affect low end torque/responsiveness?

Old 09-10-2010, 07:20 AM
Haha, I actually thought about that today. It's amazing how fast you can get used to all that power and want to have more.
Hopefully next spring I can get intercoolers, vtgs and clutch done. I am done this year and my car will be putting away at the end of the october for the rainy season.
so true. I'm hoping to put it off for another 2 years to at least partially get some value from my CPO but the reality is I'll probably just say screw it and get the mods next year. Someone told me the dealers here have gotten really picky with ANY mods so they might try to deny any warranty claims even with just an exhaust upgrade.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by bumperpip
Abby-- two questions, if I may: 1. On your dyno sheet showing HP and torque, why do the traces not cross at 5252RPM ? 2. What is causing the torque to drop so far, so fast, from what seems to be a rather early peak at of ~3850RPM ? Just curious.
Oh, sorry.. one more, please. Does the early (and steep) torque arrival have any adverse effect on driveability, i.e., any sort of "light switch" effect ? Thanks so much for your patience.
sorry, can't answer your question regarding dyno. I am no expert with dyno, this is the graph that the shop loaded on to my flash drive, and I didn't pay too much attention to it. I think torque suppose to drop once it peaks? the car hits hard and pulls really hard all the way to redline and I really couldn't feel the drop.
Driveability is same as stock, very civilized in normal mode.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by The Bogg
so true. I'm hoping to put it off for another 2 years to at least partially get some value from my CPO but the reality is I'll probably just say screw it and get the mods next year. Someone told me the dealers here have gotten really picky with ANY mods so they might try to deny any warranty claims even with just an exhaust upgrade.
I have CPO on my car too, but I think it's probably gone because I have hit so many over revs and flashed so many times.

I would say just have fun now and worry about it when it breaks.

Old 09-10-2010, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by bumperpip
The reason why the tq looks like such a steep drop off is simply becuase of the way the data is plotted. They did not do a careful job plotting the data. Look at the tq units/per square grid of Abby's vs Evoms (such beautiful dyno graphs). Evoms is linear and consistently 55/sq unit whereas Abby's is not. Abby's value for the unit sq is also much smaller (hence the steeper looking curve). They should be able to re-plot the data so it conforms to standards.

Last edited by TTdude; 09-10-2010 at 11:50 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Durametric data logging-- High RPM AFR