997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Durametric data logging-- High RPM AFR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 12:44 PM
quattrogeek is infamous around these parts
Nice numbers brotha...we'll have to get my car sorted and get it back on that dyno.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Abby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura about
yes man!
Give me a couple hours and I will email the graphs to you. Forgot to bring it with me in the morning.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:35 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Dammit,
finally got out and did some datalogging in regular and sport mode and it looks like something didn't record properly. Don't know if it's b/c my laptop sensed "movement" and paused the harddrive heads or if it is the program. Are you guys using the latest durametric version 6.0.3.1?

I'll post the part of the numbers that did show up and see what you think.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:03 PM
Abby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura about
yes, we all using the 6.0 version. It's the software that sometime pauses; you have to restart the software and relog it. When you finish logging, press "stop" then "export", then you can save it in a excel file.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:21 PM
WhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to behold
You can try the latest beta version durametric from here;

http://www.durametric.com/downloadV6.aspx

It's different from regular version 6.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:54 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
I am using the latest version. 6.0.3.1. My previous version was 6.0.2. I should have stuck with that and did a run before upgrading especially since I'd read somewhere else that someone was having a problem with the latest version. d'oh!

Guess I'll give it another go tomorrow and hopefully it won't pause.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:10 PM
yes, when I was on the old version 6, everything was fine. as soon as i did the auto update and it started to freeze.

Old 09-11-2010, 12:25 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
The little birdie told me a new update is coming soon.
Durametric, all versions, is still not working correctly with 2010/2011 DFI Turbo ECUs.
Hopefully they will have the issues resolved before too long.

Old 09-11-2010, 08:10 AM
Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the older version since they do it via web install. Oh well, just have to try again or wait for the next revision.

Old 09-12-2010, 01:35 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
I just tried datalogging with Durametric 6.0.3.1 and it worked OK. What operating system are you using? I'm using Windows XP.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:53 AM
windows 7 on my laptop. I'll give it another go when I get a chance.

I know it's on another thread somewhere but what is the range for acceptable lambda and timing angle?

Old 09-12-2010, 12:36 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by The Bogg
windows 7 on my laptop. I'll give it another go when I get a chance.

I know it's on another thread somewhere but what is the range for acceptable lambda and timing angle?
For pump tune, I saw about 9-10 deg timing and lambdas around .78.

I ran into the same freezing issues back in January when I was using an earlier version, 6.0.1.x. I contacted Durametric and they asked if I could send them some communication logs. Eventually they worked out the bugs but there might still be a glitch with Windows 7. If you are still having problems, be prepared to submit the following information.

To generate and send a communications log to Durametric.<O</O
1. Open Durametric and click on Tools->Logging->Enable Logging. <O</O
2. Restart the program.<O</O
3. Attempt to capture data values as previously performed. Run the program with only 1 data value, then 2, then 3, then 4 values selected.<O</O
4. Upon completion of these actions, send the log by clicking on Tools->Logging-> Send log to Durametric. <O</O
5. Select the appropriate log (indicated by date/time stamp) and complete the remaining fields.<O</O
6. Click Send Data. This requires an internet connection, but you can send the log at any time after it’s created when an internet connection becomes available.<O</O
<O</O
Along with the submission, also send the exact computer specs (RAM, OS, Processor speed, Hard Disk speed). <O</O

Old 09-13-2010, 04:42 AM
bumperpip is infamous around these parts
TTDude

Good catch on the dyno chart. Thanks for the good sense injection---I need one of those way too many times a day. OTOH, the quality of the original gives pause re: that shop's abilities. Not picking at nits, just saying...

Old 09-13-2010, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by TTdude
For pump tune, I saw about 9-10 deg timing and lambdas around .78.

I ran into the same freezing issues back in January when I was using an earlier version, 6.0.1.x. I contacted Durametric and they asked if I could send them some communication logs. Eventually they worked out the bugs but there might still be a glitch with Windows 7. If you are still having problems, be prepared to submit the following information.

To generate and send a communications log to Durametric.<O</O
1. Open Durametric and click on Tools->Logging->Enable Logging. <O</O
2. Restart the program.<O</O
3. Attempt to capture data values as previously performed. Run the program with only 1 data value, then 2, then 3, then 4 values selected.<O</O
4. Upon completion of these actions, send the log by clicking on Tools->Logging-> Send log to Durametric. <O</O
5. Select the appropriate log (indicated by date/time stamp) and complete the remaining fields.<O</O
6. Click Send Data. This requires an internet connection, but you can send the log at any time after it’s created when an internet connection becomes available.<O</O
<O</O
Along with the submission, also send the exact computer specs (RAM, OS, Processor speed, Hard Disk speed). <O</O
Thanks again for useful info. I dub thee "sir stoichiometry". If timing is being "pulled" is the number smaller?

Old 09-13-2010, 10:22 AM
Markski kindly posted a screen shot of a stock 996tt timing/lamda maps. As you can see timing is not static but dynamic, depending on load/rpm but it can go into the 20s up top. My 9-10 degree was for high load (>200) 5-6 rpm. I haven't measured it on a flat surface up top but I suspect that value would increase (I don't know what my top end values are set for). Of course boost factors into the equation too. You'll know if your timing is being pulled as the value will not hold steady but decrease and lambda/boost will likely drop fairly quickly as well.

Stock 996tt timing maps