997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Christmas? In August? In the middle of the desert? Yes, it can happen... :-)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 03:32 PM
Liquidemotions is infamous around these partsLiquidemotions is infamous around these parts
Holy smokes!

Old 08-15-2010, 05:21 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
Thanks bro.

How was the install on the intercoolers?
Easy? Difficult? Anything to watch out for?

Besides modifying the ducts, any other modifications required?

Rear bumper must be removed I assume?
the monster IC's with the GT kit required a lot of modifications. Now I'm taking friend's 2009 TT for a VTG kit upgrade. I'll be going over the installation process and keep you updated on how the installation goes.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:04 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
karem your car will be fast bro enshala

and i will name you ... the ZO6 killer :P

keep it up

Old 08-16-2010, 01:39 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
K_ddsl
Kudos and props for living the 911 experience to the fullest while also finding the time for such great write-ups,pics and videos
Thanks bro!
I take a lot of inspiration from many of our fellow 6speeders.
This community has some great people sharing their experiences freely and imparting great knowledge to the rest of us along the way.
Sincerely, interacting with you guys has enriched my 911 experience immeasurably!
On the other hand, being privileged enough to be able to own a 911TT and derive such pure pleasure from driving it every day is nothing short of a blessing.

Originally Posted by Liquidemotions
Holy smokes!

Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
the monster IC's with the GT kit required a lot of modifications. Now I'm taking friend's 2009 TT for a VTG kit upgrade. I'll be going over the installation process and keep you updated on how the installation goes.
Bro! You got me worried!
I will try to get together with SpunkyQ8 today and give you a call to find out a bit more from you about the I/C install if you don't mind.

Originally Posted by ysfg35
karem your car will be fast bro enshala

and i will name you ... the ZO6 killer :P

keep it up
Hey bro! Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Your car is the real destroyer! Way to go!

Nothing I can really do to seriously up the ante until the good folks Stateside have a breakthrough with the PDK gearbox.
At that point, everything's fair game!

Old 08-16-2010, 05:19 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Merry Christmas! Lets hear once they are on and that santa "delivered the goods" as promised.

Attached Images  
Old 08-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
glad you like them. we just got in another shipment of cores and mike is personally taking a bunch out to Todd as they are working on some new project... Looking forward to the data. Both 2010 clients that have installed them so far have noticed very good mid range gains...

Old 08-16-2010, 04:40 PM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome looking piece's .. I see too many big "Holes". Thus, since have them in ur bedroom .. i hope no kinky stuff in the middle of the night bro

Hope seeing u enjoy the result, And best of luck bro

Old 08-16-2010, 06:32 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Bro! You got me worried!
I will try to get together with SpunkyQ8 today and give you a call to find out a bit more from you about the I/C install if you don't mind.
no bro you shouldn't be worried. The GT kit is different story

look at the angled supported link and the lake of space around the IC bay. The bracket from factory doesn't look like that. this is the modification I'm talking about. You have do it because of the air-intake. In your case the situation is totally different and the IC's should be almost bolt on. Will start working on the car tomorrow and I will take as much pix as I can for you

Old 08-17-2010, 03:58 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
Merry Christmas! Lets hear once they are on and that santa "delivered the goods" as promised.
Hehehe...
Fingers crossed, waiting for the ducts...
Will report back.

Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
glad you like them. we just got in another shipment of cores and mike is personally taking a bunch out to Todd as they are working on some new project... Looking forward to the data. Both 2010 clients that have installed them so far have noticed very good mid range gains...
Thanks Casey. The build quality is excellent.
Mike and Todd combined, how can you beat that???
Casey, do you have an install guide?

Originally Posted by SpunkyQ8
Awesome looking piece's .. I see too many big "Holes". Thus, since have them in ur bedroom .. i hope no kinky stuff in the middle of the night bro

Hope seeing u enjoy the result, And best of luck bro
Bro, that is sick!
So glad you're back in town! We missed you.

no bro you shouldn't be worried. The GT kit is different story

look at the angled supported link and the lake of space around the IC bay. The bracket from factory doesn't look like that. this is the modification I'm talking about. You have do it because of the air-intake. In your case the situation is totally different and the IC's should be almost bolt on. Will start working on the car tomorrow and I will take as much pix as I can for you

Abdullah, I cannot thank you enough!
The shop that will be doing my install belongs to a good friend of mine but they have little experience with Porsches.
I know that they will be extra careful and take care of the car, but I and they can use all the help I/we can get.
It would also be great if you could flag any issues we have to really take care of while removing/reinstalling stuff.
Thanks

Old 08-17-2010, 08:07 AM
Abdullah, I cannot thank you enough!
The shop that will be doing my install belongs to a good friend of mine but they have little experience with Porsches.
I know that they will be extra careful and take care of the car, but I and they can use all the help I/we can get.
It would also be great if you could flag any issues we have to really take care of while removing/reinstalling stuff.
Thanks
I'm hoping to have the car ready by wednesday. I'll keep you updated

Old 08-17-2010, 08:55 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
whoa...

Old 08-17-2010, 10:28 AM
omarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of light
Looking good, will this need a tune ?

Old 08-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Karim, the car is done I was not even able to go to the shop and take pix, but at least you know now it is an easy install ;-). I'll ask the tech if he faced any issues

Old 08-17-2010, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by RFFG
whoa...

Originally Posted by omarv6
Looking good, will this need a tune ?
A lot of the tuners will tell you that the ECU will adapt.

Since I am working with Scott Slauson at Softronic to fine tune my ECU flash, I asked him wether I should log Durametric data before or after the I/C install, and his answer was to log Durametric data after the I/C install so that we can re-tune my car taking full advantage of the reduced IATs.

Karim, the car is done I was not even able to go to the shop and take pix, but at least you know now it is an easy install ;-). I'll ask the tech if he faced any issues
Thanks bro.

My ducts arrived from the US. We did the install last night.
It was quite straight forward.
I will update with results.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:07 AM
A while back I put up this thread to showcase my TPC Racing/Protomotive Intercoolers.

What never occurred to me at the time was to check the thickness of the cooler.

Apparently, through some form of misunderstanding/miscommunication, Proto sent me the old 4.5 inch coolers, not the new hybrid 5" ones.

In the meantime, one of our benevolent moderators here at the 6, Chad (CJV), told me about the ceramic coating process and the technology used by SwainTech to coat intercoolers.
According to Chad, this was one of the secrets behind the huge success of the much revered and fabled Secan intercoolers back in the day.
This technology and treatment (relatively cheap) is meant to give us about 6% to 7% more cooling efficiency for our intercoolers.

When I found out about the confusion with my order, I contacted Todd K. at Protomotive who immediately agreed to send out my correct coolers.

I took the opportunity and had Todd K. send out the new coolers to SwainTech for ceramic coating treatment prior to sending them on to Kuwait.

Here they are:

Box and Packing:

Washers Included:

5" Hybrids in all their Ceramic Coated Glory:

Size Perspective:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Christmas? In August? In the middle of the desert? Yes, it can happen... :-)