997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Christmas? In August? In the middle of the desert? Yes, it can happen... :-)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 10:51 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Talking Christmas? In August? In the middle of the desert? Yes, it can happen... :-)

I think I've died and gone to TPC Racing/Protomotive heaven...

Ok, ok, I'm over-reacting...
It's not as if I've gauged the results yet...
Haven't even installed the things on my car...

But can you really blame me for reacting this way:

With a can of Coke (Arabic lettering ) for size reference:

Welding quality:

The guys at Protomotive really know how to take care of the packaging!
The package arrived in a cardboard box.
It was padded with foam boards on all 4 sides.
Empty spaces were packed solid with pieces of foam.
The Intercoolers themselves were shrink-wrapped in about 10 to 15 layers of nylon wrap.

The box is hefty. Weighs in at 32lbs4oz.

Next up: Installation and PBox testing...
Like I need another excuse to go out stomping on the go faster pedal!

So thank you Protomotive and TPC Racing.
Keep pushing that envelope guys!

Cheers,

Karim

Oh! PS: Protomotive/TPC/Champion/etc...
If you read this, solve our PDK upgrade already!

Old 08-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Looks great!! Do you still use the stock hosing or does larger hosing and clamps get supplied with the IC's. I hear there is a bit of modding required somewhere along gthe line so am interested to hear first hand all the issues on that. Cant wait to hear the end result .

Old 08-14-2010, 08:18 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Good golly miss molly! Look at the size of those things...or is that a 4oz coke can?

I guess in Kuwait you probably need 5" IC's.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:51 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Tell me you photoshopped in the Protomotive sig, right?

Old 08-15-2010, 01:48 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
Looks great!! Do you still use the stock hosing or does larger hosing and clamps get supplied with the IC's. I hear there is a bit of modding required somewhere along gthe line so am interested to hear first hand all the issues on that. Cant wait to hear the end result .
Thank you sir.
I hav not attempted the install yet so I cannot answer about the hoses and clamp.

From what I understood from Todd, the only modding required is to the ducts.
I ordered a fresh set of duct delivered to Protomotive where they did all the modification work and shipped them over. I still haven't received those. Should be coming in shortly.
I also asked Todd to include all necessary hardware such as clamps, screws, etc...
Once that box comes in, I'll photograph the contents and post here.
I'll also try to photograph the install process.

Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
Good golly miss molly! Look at the size of those things...or is that a 4oz coke can?

I guess in Kuwait you probably need 5" IC's.
Hey Barry!
That's an 8.75oz bottle! They *are* big!
And you're right, in Kuwait, we need 'em!

Originally Posted by TTdude
Tell me you photoshopped in the Protomotive sig, right?
Hey bro!
Opened up the box, and here was the Protomotive signature in all its red shining glory!
Big a$$ grin on my face from ear to ear! Kinda like so:

Old 08-15-2010, 02:08 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
That's .

When I ordered my set last year, I asked if he could place an identifying stamp into the hardware. To my surprise he stamped my initials. I said you should have stamped your initials--they would be worth a lot more.

Old 08-15-2010, 04:57 AM

But that's Todd K. for you...
Always very understated...

Old 08-15-2010, 05:06 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Extra spoils heh. Shame it winds up being a "hidden" gratuity after install but a nice touch nonetheless.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:50 AM
AMR Power is infamous around these parts
Those are THE biggest IC I've even seen...

Old 08-15-2010, 07:14 AM
mickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to behold
congrats!... install should be simple and straightforward!..

Old 08-15-2010, 08:24 AM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
Damn those are huge.. Nice! I bet they will help a lot in your climate..

When was the last time US had pull top coke cans...

Old 08-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by GT2rres
Those are THE biggest IC I've even seen...
Redefining the phrase: Supersize me!

These are 5".
I believe the good folks at Switzer are making 6" ones, although, someone told me they are shorter than mine.
In the end, it's about the efficiency. These are very very efficient going by the results a friend of mine had with them here in Kuwait.
He had another manufacturer's I/Cs installed and they were good, certainly better than the stock ones. Then he swapped them out for these.
Difference was staggering!

Originally Posted by mickym0u53
congrats!... install should be simple and straightforward!..
Thanks bro. I hope the install goes straightforward...

Originally Posted by meaker
Damn those are huge.. Nice! I bet they will help a lot in your climate..

When was the last time US had pull top coke cans...
I hope so! I remember the pull tops Stateside back in the early 80s!

Old 08-15-2010, 09:22 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
karim I got t run for FA6OOR now, but congrats on the IC's and as usual great right up. Totally agree on how good the packaging is ;-)

waiting for the result, enjoy

Old 08-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Thanks bro.

How was the install on the intercoolers?
Easy? Difficult? Anything to watch out for?

Besides modifying the ducts, any other modifications required?

Rear bumper must be removed I assume?

Old 08-15-2010, 02:09 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

K_ddsl
Kudos and props for living the 911 experience to the fullest while also finding the time for such great write-ups,pics and videos

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Christmas? In August? In the middle of the desert? Yes, it can happen... :-)