997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Misting in paddle shift steering?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 01:10 PM
DoctorWill is infamous around these parts
I have the same problem and was told to wait till it evaporates....it's not going away and it is really ugly. I will file a claim as well...this seems to be very common. I remember seeing this on several cars when I was looking as well.

Please do report back on Porsche's response on this issue!

Old 09-17-2010, 02:30 PM
RizOne is infamous around these parts
Did anyone notice this before they picked up the car? I'm just curious under what conditions this happens, is it when you turn off the a/c? I'm going to check before picking up my car. Can someone post pictures of what it looks like?

Old 09-18-2010, 01:07 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
I am still waiting on word back from Porsche regarding my claim.

If more and more people claim this, Porsche is more likely to concede the issue.

I encourage all of you to proceed with the claim.

Old 09-18-2010, 03:46 PM
airmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to all
Car going to dealer Tues, will claim under warranty. I'll post results as soon as I hear back.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:56 PM
airmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to all
Had car into dealer yesterday, they told me that Porsche is aware of the problem, and is working on a solution. They said that they've seen it on just about all of the new cars delivered in the last 6 months.

Doesn't speak well of Porsche quality control if they've let cars out of the factory with this problem for so long. Maybe they were too preoccupied with the VW nonsense.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:37 PM
tme
tme is infamous around these parts
I had the same on the left side window, they ordered a replacement (don't need to do the entire wheel) but it now is cleared up with no trace.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:26 AM
rich_daystrom is infamous around these parts
Any other updates with this issue? Did anyone have the whole steering wheel replaced or just the plastic side windows? Has Posrche addressed the issue and made a permanent fix?

Old 10-03-2010, 12:02 PM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
Reported my claim last week .....also waiting for response.

First one to get an answer please post !!

Old 10-03-2010, 12:14 PM
I've asked myu dealer as well, no answer yet! Honestly, it's getting annoying to look at it all the time...

Old 10-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Bill Wallace is infamous around these parts
Thanks to you guys for mentioning this problem. I took delivery on my car a month ago. 300 miles and I see I have the problem that you documented. I haven't taken my car to the dealer yet.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:59 AM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
I find it annoying that nobody has received a response or solution from the dealer yet.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:48 PM
jfr0317 is infamous around these parts
My dealer spoke with his PCNA rep, who told him they were well aware of the problem and that Porsche was working with its supplier to develop a revised design that would not incur the problem. My dealer assured me they would apply whatever revised design Porsche comes up with to my car, whether it is an all new wheel, a replacement center section, new "windows", or other fix.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:06 PM
bryansdc is infamous around these parts
I also just saw this post and have spots on the left side to.These forums are great because I only thought this was a problem with my car.I probably won't take it to the dealer just for this but maybe when I do my first oil change.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:44 AM
Checked on the status of my complaint and the dealer confirmed that Porsche is aware of the problem and still working on a solution.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Thanks for following up on the misting issues. I just noticed my front intake turn signals are also misting up during the rain last week. It seems like there is something going on with misting issues...so you all might want to keep an eye out for other areas misting up as well. I'll be paying my dealer a visit when I have time this month...

Will

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Misting in paddle shift steering?