997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Best Comfort Suspension...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 08:24 PM
OneFastBeast is infamous around these parts
Best Comfort Suspension...

Looking to get the best Comfort Suspension for my TT daily driver being OEM shocks with after market springs or coilovers. Thanks guys

Old 08-16-2010, 02:31 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
I am someone who is very keen on preserving as much of the character of our cars as possible.
Mods that seriously deviate from what Porsche set out with are off my list.
The case in point here is PASM.
While I am sure that there are a lot of excellent solutions out there for our cars for suspension, the ones that cancel out PASM functionality are not my personal preference, but, to each his own.

I've done a lot of research on this issue for when I am ready to upgrade my suspension.

The only upgrade I would personally install on my car would be TPC Racing's Pro Race Damptronic solution as shown here:

http://www.tpcracing.com/products/TP...nic-Coilovers/

Just my $.02

Old 08-16-2010, 03:28 AM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
GME springs and Sways...cant say enough good things about it, and mine is a DD not a track car

search for the threads on it

Last edited by handdoc; 08-16-2010 at 03:28 AM. Reason: sp
Old 08-16-2010, 04:44 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by k_ddsl

I've done a lot of research on this issue for when I am ready to upgrade my suspension.

The only upgrade I would personally install on my car would be TPC Racing's Pro Race Damptronic solution as shown here:

Just my $.02
Thats actually a very good 2 cents worth K. TPC's look a great product if not the best.

The techart coilover combo which use the bilstein shock incorporating techart's own specially rated coil springs may also be a worthy contender.

A lift kit is also a must imo with a lowered coilover set up. Saves a lot of scraping and dodging .

Old 08-16-2010, 07:42 AM
xseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to all
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
I am someone who is very keen on preserving as much of the character of our cars as possible.
Mods that seriously deviate from what Porsche set out with are off my list.
The case in point here is PASM.
While I am sure that there are a lot of excellent solutions out there for our cars for suspension, the ones that cancel out PASM functionality are not my personal preference, but, to each his own.

Just my $.02
I got this modification (along with a flash and dyno tune). I can't say enough good about it, really impressive combination of daily drivability (I drive to work from NVa to DC every day) and performance (eliminates all the issues with the stock suspension/sways/body roll). Plus, the TPC guys are pros and have given some great advice (ie, talking me out of mods as not worth the $$).

Recommend it highly.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:41 AM
TPC Racing's Pro Race Damptronic solution looks good the best choice but its $$$ more than what I wanted to spend. Could I get away with Bilstein Damptronic for good ride?

Old 08-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Can you tell me a bit about your ride comfort VS stock? The reason is I got my 3 year kid with me most of the time.

Originally Posted by handdoc
GME springs and Sways...cant say enough good things about it, and mine is a DD not a track car

search for the threads on it

Old 08-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Banned
Robin@EPL is infamous around these parts
I've found KW V3s have been the best compromise between increased grip and ride quality. It's much firmer without being harsh. I'm sure Mike @ RSS can get more information for you on a set.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Former Vendor
SpoolnV8 is infamous around these parts
I made a thread like this a few months back. I was going to purchase the KW V3's but ended up just installing Champion springs instead. I have to say I am vey happy. I thought it was going to be bouncy and dolphin down the road but others with springs said otherwise and it doesnt. The PASM still works and actually feels better with the Ride on firm now. I picked up the springs for $150 and was about 5 Hours to put them in. This route I will always be able to go to coilovers if i decide to track the car and all I wasted was the time to install the springs.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:33 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OneFastBeast
TPC Racing's Pro Race Damptronic solution looks good the best choice but its $$$ more than what I wanted to spend. Could I get away with Bilstein Damptronic for good ride?
I still love the ride of the Bilstein Damptronics. Works with PASM real well and perfect for a DD. It's adjustable so you can experiment with various ride height settings.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:44 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
I'll echo what Robin said above. KW V3's are a fantastic system. PASM is a bit gimmiky and I think people hold on to it because since it came from the factory, it must be the best option. I would find it hard to believe that anyone uses the 'firm' setting on any regular basis. It's too stiff and jittery, and downright uncomfortable.

And just so I don't squander any opportunity to leave my negative experiences with Bilstein: do not buy any of their horrible products or be prepared to deal with THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE KNOWN TO MAN. I'm sure one of the sponsors here will chime in and they'll shovel you some crap as a biased vendor. As a actual (former) customer, I have spent thousands of dollars and weeks in the shop because of their terrible product with nothing but headaches to show for it. In the end, I cut my losses, threw the Damptronics in the trash (literally), and went with KW.